1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RVs, but not the kind Broome likes

Discussion in 'General' started by Kurlon, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

I will get all the exact info...but

Its a 84 Coachman with a For F350 Chassis 460 Motor. Every thing works and is in good shape for the year. Was owned by a guy and his wife and used summers here in NH. I have done 6 New tires and a front caliper and other than that nothing. I am at 2800 for it and its ready to go. I am closr NHMS if you want to look or MSG and Ill send over pics later of it.

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

3. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Besides it being overpriced for a 24yr old motor home?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It needs another axle for that length.

Mostly joking but I would really check the weight limits on it. Have a feeling it won't take much stuff to overload it with a single axle.

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

6. zertrider

I can see the delamination in the front bunk area of the sidewall. My guess would be that the whole bunk area needs to be rebuilt.

7. zertrider

Nah. Without slides that thing will not problem. The rear axle weights are usually pretty good on the diesel pushers.

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Oh, good eye. Scratch one more off the list.

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hey Zert, is there a "best time" to buy?

10. zertrider

Depends on area a little. but mostly only due to selection. More options usually available sprimg and fall. Pricing does not really fluctuate too much seasonally for us. Good units are hard enough to find that the prices holds pretty steady year-round.

11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

What sort of brake controllers are you lot using? I read good things about the Teknosha P3.

For reference, using it on an Audi Q7, pulling a two axle camper that weighs around 2-1/2 tons.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah - empty :D But very good point on the slides, that helps a lot.

13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is very weird.

15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I hear Camping World's suck. Do not leave the lot, other than a test drive including 10-15 minutes highway, without going through every system on the vehicle - you want to see them in use...water, sewage, AC/heat, frig/stove, lights, switches, ramp, awning, roof, undercarriage, under hood, fluids, steering linkages (bring a pry bar and a friend to crank the steering wheel)...everything.
    Might as well make it an appointment, and tell 'em it's gonna be at least a 4 hour viewing if they are not prepared. Consider that you are actually checking out two vehicles. One happens to be a medium duty truck, the other is the contraption bolted to that truck.
    Go in knowing you are fully prepared to call them out on any BS, then offer $26,129 - out the door. ;)

17. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The president of the HOA stopped by to have a look at the new rig earlier this afternoon. Not to bitch about the camper parked on our property, but rather, just to check it out.

He asked me straight up: “Have you had a chance to break it in yet?”

“Well no, the wife and I haven’t even spent a night in it ... “

“No, no, no!’ came the reply, ‘Have you taken a shit in it, yet?”

And really, I’m not sure I’m going to break it in, if I can help it.

Have any of you with an RV of some sort actually broken it in, or do you squat in the woods somewhere?

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

its a pooper. Camp at Jennings for a night... then use their bathroom. You'll be running back to your camper...lol.

Put a few gallons of water and a smidge of dawn in your black tank... and fill that mother up! :D Hopefully yours has a flush port. If not fill keep it partially filled with water all the time.

Wheel Bearing and noles19 like this.
  19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If it's mine and I pay that much I'm damn sure shitting in it...
    Unless Broome is parked near by then I'm shitting in his like everyone else does...

20. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

100 percent agree. I bought it for convenience soo I’m shitting in it.

panthercity and noles19 like this.