1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RVs, but not the kind Broome likes

Discussion in 'General' started by Kurlon, Jan 29, 2016.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

5-Star tune on our 2011 Winnebago Access Premier 31P was worth maybe 1.25 MPG. More importantly, 15mph over Raton Pass!

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

5 star is legit. It wouldnt suprise me if Banks just resells 5 stars product at a huge markup.

panthercity likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gale Banks has been building race cars and tuning things since the 60's, has been building turbos for things like the Seals and such since the 70's. Never heard of 5 Star until this thread....

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

no doubt but there are many things they dont develop...just sell.
    For instance... his long tube headers cost as much as a custom set of Kooks.
    But he uses thinner tubing, flanges, and off shore production.
    His diesel tuner programmers are rebadged SCT units.

panthercity likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, I love the knowledge on here. Never heard of 5 star either.

Just shows to go ya, once you have a good reputation, if it's more profitable to outsource, you often do it.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I first heard about 5-Star when I had my ill-fated Mustang GT. Their tune woke it up. When I learned they had a tune for our V-10 Class C, I jumped on it.

Boman Forklift and TurboBlew like this.
  7. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

And in the RV forums world, 5 Star is the place to go. Have heard of many praises, and few complaints for at least 6 or 7 years.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's funny because that sounds exactly like Banks but for a longer period :D

Not surprised it changed tho, RV peeps are cheaper than racers.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

KMA.jpg

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Uh huh, you know I'm right :crackup:

panthercity likes this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Didn't know that was possible. :crackup:

panthercity and brex like this.
  12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought east coast asking prices were nuts, damn are people NUTS on the west coast.

13. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

You find a rig yet?

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Could there be a worse time to buy an RV? Wait until after Labor Day and they’ll all be much cheaper when people are contemplating selling vs paying for storage all winter.

panthercity likes this.
  15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I've not found my unicorn yet, just a bunch of donkeys with paper towel rolls taped to their foreheads. And I know this isn't prime time for buyers but I still look at the ads just in case...

panthercity likes this.
  16. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

17. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Looks like a closed group so I can't see the posting? Shasta only makes trailers I thought, haven't come across any fun mover style RVs with Shasta branding in my searches yet?

18. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I forgot they are a closed group. Not sure how to link it another way. You can join, then unfollow afterwards though. That site does have some interesting finds at times.

19. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

I am thinking of selling mine........ if you want to take a look while at NHMS let me know

20. Boman Forklift

So @Pigman what is yours and how much are you asking.

I had one before and didn'r get to use it, other than taking Ty from Road America to home after his accident. I really liked it and wish I could have afforded to keep it, but needed to get rid of that payment while putting the kids through college.