1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Id act and driver's licenses

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Feb 27, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...SC sent notice about the star. I renewed online, $25 to replace old license, but it's good for 8 years.

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Passport will cover the rest, right?

3. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yep, in calif I use mine to purchase firearms and ammo as well.

Shenanigans likes this.
  4. joec

joec brace yourself

I actually why there today in hopes of getting away from the rest of the idiots. And as much as I hate to admit it, it actually worked.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hih
    Huh

6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Yes. But why take passport with you when driver license can cover everything other than going out of the country.
    btw, you don't need to be citizen to get real ID license. You just have to be here legally.

7. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Most states imposed stricter requirements after 9/11 this is additional Bs. I know Va made us get new update license's mine has two pictures and it was supposed to be state of the art now we must do it again.

I know I've presented mine every time I've voted but I will laugh that I took my license out for something, Dinner or I didn't feel like carrying my wallet either way I was somewhere and needed to present my ID. Come to think about it I maybe have been checking out at the grocery store and they needed to verify I was 21 to buy wine. So I had my Wallet but my lic wasn't in there. SO I found my Utah or Pa CCw permit and gat it to them. They said " I'm sorry sir but I cannot accept this as an id. I asked why not? She said I needed to present a state Id. I was like Err this is issued from the State Of PA. She said i'm sorry but I can't accept it, it's not a true ID.:eek:

So I went full retard.

So let me ask you this, If I walked in here ad shot up this entire place and was subsequently killed and the only thing Id I had in my wallet was this Id, do you think police and the evening News would not Use that to name me, my ag, and where I live. Or would they say unidentified Black male shoot up Wegman. Same issue with an expired ID that expired a day ago.. It's no longer valid

8. joec

joec brace yourself

As of the middle of July PA was still offering non compliant licenses. The list I figure out is pa de mi Tenn NC and ct letting you opt out.

9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

IL and NY are offering both a real-ID compliant license and an standard non-real-ID license.
    The difference is that a real ID is necessary to access federal facilities (including Federal court houses) and air travel.

The real ID is actually a federal (national) ID card. Something we resisted for over 200 years. In the rush for the false sense of security after 9/11, this passed. It pushed the work of checking documents off to the states as an unfunded mandate. Surprise.

10. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The Feds changed the requirements several times in the first few years after Real ID passed. The first set of regulations only required that licenses become harder to counterfeit. Then they changed the rules to require full verification from birth of each ID holder.

Between real ID and the Patriot Act, you have to prove who you are for things that used to not even require ID. Bank accounts, SSL certificates for your web sites, buying US treasuries and having brokerage accounts. Checking into hotels and buying airline tickets (in addition to the TSA inspections).

11. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

I got the info for Real Id DL but since I have CDLw/HazMat its going to be a true PITA. I have already gone through so many background checks but that not good enough. Really think I m just getting a standard DL and a passport

12. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

y
    Yep. Just went through it myself.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's what my wife and I did. It's easier to get a passport.