1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Id act and driver's licenses

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Feb 27, 2019.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Mike wants to get pissy with me because he's too fucking lazy to read or too stupid to comprehend, he can choke on a dick while dying in a fire.

2. joec

joec brace yourself

It's so full of bullshit. Ok. So who can confiscate the physical license? DHS? TSA? What if I don't want to board a plane or enter a federal facility? They issued the stupid thing. Now it has to be returned? And what if it's confiscated? I'm assuming you'd have to do through the entire process again. And great, you're still a licensed driver but that doesn't mean you're not going to get screwed for not presenting. Ugh.... I'm so over the entire bunch of bullshit.. In just glad im not one of those people.

The federal government in your business again. How fantastic.

The licenses were issued in 2017. DHS told md, supposedly, they wanted more documentation. Maryland dropped the ball or whatever.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Doesn't Maryland MVA typically drop the ball???? And we are suprised?????:D

4. joec

joec brace yourself

In with ya.

5. joec

joec brace yourself

I wonder how they'll figure out to fine people for not returning them.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

the visual of someone choking on D while dying in a fire is making me laugh. It shouldn't, but it does. :)

7. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Well, I for one am extremely happy you’ve changed that God awful avatar.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

What a bunch of bullshit.

9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

My DL expired this year and I thought it was expiring next year. They hit me with that real id shit and I told them I didn’t have the time for that nonsense that day and to give me a regular one. When they told me I wouldn’t be able to fly without one I asked if my passport was good enough and got instant grief because it was ok for flying. I haven’t flown on a plane in 25 years so I wasn’t real worried about not giving in to their extra steps.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's the camaraderie here that keeps me coming back.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, my suspicion is you can't choke on your own dick while dying in a fire, so farewell to your comrade as well. :moon:

12. joec

joec brace yourself

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  13. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I went to the DMV to get my Real ID license. The Lady told me just to get the normal license and apply for my passport because it's easier and quicker to do it that way. I was a utility bill short of being able to comply with the Real ID standards. It was like 5 forms of ID to be able to get that fucking thing. I was livid.

cav115 likes this.
  14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Yep. PITA.

15. joec

joec brace yourself

At some point they're going to make getting a passport just as difficult. Why wouldn't they?

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yes, same here. Found that out ten years ago when it all started, getting a passport was easier and lasts longer. NY licences last 8 yrs, just sent in our passport renewals after 10.

17. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

It gets dumber - Tennessee is in compliance, and has been, for a number of years... But they've been issuing Driver's Licenses without the star the entire time... So, we have Maryland issuing licenses with the star without the right paperwork while Tennessee is getting the right paperwork, but issuing licenses without the star. :rolleyes:

The new license won't even be available until July, but all 4 1/2 million people in Tennessee are supposed to get the new one (at their own expense) before October 2020 if they expect access to anything federal (I mean, without the passport).

18. joec

joec brace yourself

We that makes me feel better. I guess. Sucks though

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I don't think Missouri intends on complying with the "Read Id" standard, ever. So, there's that. Good thing I finally got around to getting that passport I may never use.

20. joec

joec brace yourself

I just thought I would follow up here. Maryland only issues one kind of license. It is real I'd compliant. You have no option here. Other states have chosen to be non compliant but Maryland has not. I just had a discussion at the DMV and this is how it was explained to me.