1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Id act and driver's licenses

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Feb 27, 2019.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I know there are good people in the system but my experience leads me to believe that even if they had the latitude many of them would still lack the inclination and/or ability...
    But then I also have this outdated concept of management. I believe in paying what it takes to hire good people, give them a job and step back so that they can do their job. If you hired people with more ability and got rid of the acres and acres of dead wood paper shuffling middle management that occupies a big chunk of most government buildings the system would work much better.

I agree that it is not the fault of the person behind the counter. That doesn't change the fact that my experience leads me to believe that many of them are mindless drones. But then they fit right in with the mindless drones that make up the one size fits all lists. I understand that they need to follow some guidelines but in the situation we are discussing an elderly lady had more than enough documentation to prove who she was but some stupid motherfucker decided that she needed more irrelevant bullshit that did nothing but provide work for some other government drone and generate a little bit of revenue for the government... Like I stated earlier, it was easier for a foreign national (me) to get clearance to work with explosives and radiation on access controlled docks than it was for Britts mom to get her DL renewed. That is really fucked up...

Britt likes this.
  2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I do like the folks down at our local Tag Office down here in Canton..they are very HomeTown Helpful...but several miles South on I-575..not so much.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Most of the folks I know will at least attempt to help someone figure a work around, if one exists. Then again, I don't know many folks at the DMV. I can assure you the DMV drone doesn't give a rats a$$ about the revenue because it doesn't go to them.

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I worked for 20 years with a bolivian who was a convicted child molester back home and couldnt really go back,but he ended up with a damn nice gig in a senate office building downtown...........Hell,he even lied during his US citizenship test when asked about soliciting a prostitue that was an undercover cop.......and the dirtbag still got a US federal job.

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Location/Training/Culture - all factors.
    Generally speaking, I have experienced much better receptions (with notable few) in rural or smaller communities/cities.
    I would go as far as saying that communicating on my situation (travel/nomadic) has seen folks go beyond their job duties to help.

Big cities have been a hit or miss.
    However, in NYC, I was given full access to old blue prints.
    This prior to 9/11.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Actually in a round about way it does.. Fees and Taxes pay their salary.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The increase from any individual program has little impact on their pay. General government revenue? Yes. I seriously doubt that the ID program meant jack in terms of increases for the state since the mandate is federal.

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Maybe.. however since it is a Fed program under HS there are probably funds to support it... and training, equipment & personnel.

9. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

And purchasing firearms

fastfreddie likes this.
  10. joec

joec brace yourself

That's why I told you about the website here. In case you were helping her out. People on fixed incomes should have a way around these things.

Britt likes this.
  11. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Other way around. DMV sends their rejects to the TSA. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, they're great. The DMV can be a pain but given the people I see in there - especially the parents of new drivers - I get them being over it all.

13. joec

joec brace yourself

14. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So the state didn't require the required information when issuing
    the special license whose only purpose was to confirm that the
    possessor of the license was also in possession of the information
    required to get the license?
    And this made sense to people who are paid big money to do this shit?

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Read the article.

These licenses were issued under approval from DHS in 2007. In 2017 DHS said they weren't compliant and needed the backing documents.

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

the federal gov is so damn good at what they do. we should give them our healthcare.

/sarc

sheepofblue likes this.
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So DHS didn't require the required information when issuing
    the special license whose only purpose was to confirm that the
    possessor of the license was also in possession of the information
    required to get the license?
    And this made sense to people who are paid big money to do this shit?

Happy now?

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No

You're still breathing.

20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Good Lord.