1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prayers for wife

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Demon DS7, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear that things are progressing for you, Dee Dee. I can only image the pain and such trying to master the computer leg with a generic socket. A friend of mine is an amputee and he has hell even with a custom socket. Of course, he doesn't take good care of the prosthesys. I just know that you are still pushing the limits. Keep it up.

Jimmye is doing better than could be expected. I'm driving her to the Surgeon for a follow up exam tomorrow. Hopefully, she will be able to legitimately put a little weight or pressure on the ankle after the exam. She is still on a walker but hopes to go to crutches tomorrow. I have had a motorcycle weekend planned for quite a while and she is insisting that I go ahead. I'll be up at the Monterey Peninsula and not able to get home in less than four hours but she insists that she can manage for herself. I'm going to go but I have arranged for the neighbor to secretly look after her. She would kill me if she read this. She has figured out how to feed the cats, fold clothes, and other such mundane tasks. Now she is planning on beginning walking and doing PT whether the doctor approves or not. In other words, I think she will be ok. Of course, she is very happy to be losing weight.

Nomad

2. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Re: UPDATE

Dee Dee if you only knew Nomad. :Poke:
    For anybody to put up with us, They have to be tough.:D

3. DeeDee Smock

DeeDee Smock Member

GO JIMMYE!!!!!!! Great to hear that she is doing so well. I hope the exam goes well. When are you guys going to learn......IT IS HARD TO HOLD A TOUGH LADY DOWN. Jimmye sounds alot like me, VERY INDEPENDENT. Just being able to do things for ourselves means alot to us. That is the one thing that is aggravating me right now. I still can't do everything that I want to do. It just took me a week to paint the living room ceiling,,,,,but I got it done FINALLY! I'm finding that things just take me longer and I'm very impatient, so I guess I should PRAY FOR PATIENCE. LOL.

TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS

LOVE, YOUR FRIEND,

DEEDEE

4. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Dee Dee, the doctor said that Jimmye's ankle is healing well and he is starting her on PT next Monday (two weeks ahead of schedule). Never underestimate the strength of a determined woman!!! Right now she is trying to figure out how she can take over the ironing since she doesn't like the way I iron her clothes. She said to tell you that painting the den is one of her next projects.

Nomad

5. DeeDee Smock

DeeDee Smock Member

HELLO!!!!

HELLO EVERYONE!~ BEEN MISSING MY CHEERLEADERS,,,, BUT I GUESS WITH RACING SEASON ON, EVERYONE IS BUSY............WELL THAT'S OK, I AM TOO; I'M NOW WORKING 8HR DAYS 5 DAYS A WEEK, AT FIRST IT REALLY WORE ME OUT, I WAS COMING HOME AND TAKING A 4HR NAP.................SOMETHING I DON'T EVEN LIKE TO DO:(I LIKE TO STAY BUSY) BUT IT IS GETTING BETTER AND LIFE IS GETTING CLOSER TO NORMAL, HAHAHA, IT MAY NEVER BE NORMAL AGAIN, BUT MAYBE IT WILL BE BETTER................I JUST NEED TO CHOOSE TO MAKE IT BETTER AND I DO! LET ME HEAR FROM YOU GUYS, HOW IS EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING. YOU GUYS WILL ALWAYS BE SPECIAL TO ME, AND I DON'T WANT TO LOSE TOUCH.................................

THINKING OF EVERYONE,

LOVE, YOUR FRIEND, DEEDEE

6. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Dee Dee,

We haven't lost interest in you or your family, we just have shifted our priorities. I have often wondered how things were going.

I'm glad things are getting back to "normal".
    I hope one of these days we get to meet at the track.

Roger

7. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Great to hear from you! Congrats on getting back to "full time" status. I know it meant a lot to you. What's your next challenge? You guys gonna show up at the track sometime?

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Hey Dee Dee. I'm glad you are back to work full-time...I know that was a great accomplishment for you. How are the kids? Will you be at the track anytime soon?

9. DeeDee Smock

DeeDee Smock Member

NEXT CHALLENGE

who knows: everyday is a new challenge in some form or another, however, I am thinking of a sport, I would love to ride a bicycle and I'm thinking of changing careers, not for sure what yet, but I have a few ideals of what direction I want to go in, so we will see what happens in the next few months. Maybe I'll do something in the Medical field.

TO EVERYONE: This wk I met a young man, 22 yrs old, who was ran over by a road grader, he lost his right leg at the hip, his pelvis was broke, there was lots of damage to his left leg and he has internal injuries. His name is Jonathan Steele, and guys he needs lots of prayers, if you would please remember this young man, I told him I would visit him again this wk. He needs lots of encouragement and I want to help him if I can. Thanks, DeeDee

10. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Dee Dee,
    Do what we did for you, Just keep up the encouragement.
    I am sure all of us here will also keep him in our prayers.
    Roger