1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prayers for wife

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Demon DS7, Oct 24, 2002.

1. DeeDee Smock

DeeDee Smock Member

;) THANKS MOTORBYKEMIKE AND LIMY_1, YOU GUYS ARE REAL GOOD CHEERLEADERS(LOL). YOU SEEM TO REALIZE THAT JUST A FEW SUPPORTIVE WORDS IS MAYBE THE ONE THING A PERSON NEEDS TO KEEP AT IT. THANK YOU. YOUR WORDS MEAN ALOT TO ME, YOU INSPIRE ME!!!!!
    TALK TO YA LATER.............................

2. Demon DS7

Demon DS7 Well-Known Member

Good news, Dee Dee starts working with her new C leg Monday!! They will start the programing of the leg.

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Woohooo!! Go DeeDee. :) I hope the training goes well and that you keep your strength and positive attitude.

4. DeeDee Smock

DeeDee Smock Member

THANKS PAIGE--------------------Started training on my C-Leg yesterday--------what a day------------my trainer said I was far ahead of the game----------but , me, well, I felt like I needed to do better, I like being tough on myself , that is what makes me be the best I can be.............my trainer just laughed and said, hey I just didn't realize how far ahead I am, maybe he's right, but for me I want so much more!!!!!!!!! And I know it'll come , just give me time.............................I learn stairs and rough terrian this Thursday.......................CAN'T WAIT.;)

5. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Sounds great, Dee Dee!!! I think that the doctors and PT people are used to having patients that wait for the professionals to "fix" them. The are always surprised when someone comes along and wants to do the work and fix themselves. That's just the racers mentality.

When I got hurt in the riots 11 years ago, they told me I would be in a wheel chair in about eight years. Two years later, when I had surgery on my knee and shoulder; they said I'd never have a good range of motion. I pushed the limits of the Physio and I'm still walking, running, and riding. I don't limp and I have a better range of motion than before I was "crippled."

Just keep pushing yourself and don't be satisfied with less than your best effort. You will win!

Nomad

6. 512V

512V Well-Known Member

Dee Dee,
    Are you going to take that old man of yours to Birmingham?
    You guys really need to get to the track.On second thought,just leave the old man at home to do the dishes,you need a break more than him.
    Tom

7. DeeDee Smock

DeeDee Smock Member

HELLO EVERYONE: I AM NOW WALKING DOWN STAIRS, NORMAL AND GOING DOWN HILLSIDES IS A BLAST, IT IS REALLY COOL HOW MY NEW LEG IS HELPING ME TO RETURN TO NORMAL, OR AT LEAST CLOSER TO NORMAL THAN I OR ANYONE ELSE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT POSSIBLE. I'M REAL EXCITED ABOUT WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS IN STORE FOR ME!!!! I'M LEARNING THAT THINGS I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER DO AGIAN ARE NOW POSSIBLE. THIS NEW LEG IS GREAT AND I KNOW IT WILL BE MY FRIEND FOR LIFE.

PLEASE KEEP PUSHING ME----------------------------I NEED MY CHEERLEADERS. LOL

8. AT7driver

AT7driver Well-Known Member

Praise God,

Thank you for the great update Dee Dee.. God Bless, keep us informed as to how it is going for you guys.

David

9. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Way to go Dee Dee!!! Your spirit reminds me of a childhood hero, Douglas Bader. Bader flew for the RAF and lost both legs(one at calf, other at thigh) in a crash in the 30's. He was told he would never walk again, at least not w/ out a cane. Undaunted, he not only walked, but was so stubborn that he threw away the cane on his first day of PT!! He ended up walking, running, dancing, golfing, flying and even got his squadron back when the war started. He quickly became an ace, and was on his way to being Britains leading ace, when he was shot down over france in '41 and captured by the Germans. Too bad for the germans. He escaped 3 times, was a constant source of annoyance to his captors and, after the Allies liberated his prison camp, he immediatly was petitioning the RAF to get his squadron back. I could go on, but you'd be better off reading his book,"Reach for the sky". Very inspirational.
    Anyhow, GOOD FOR YOU!!. I haven't posted much here, but I've been following you in my thoughts and prayers since day #1. Keep on pushing yourself, makes sure you give yourself time off too. It can be just as important as the pushing.

:up: :bow: :up:

Mark Morrow

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Dee Dee, it's been awhile since I posted on this thread, but I have kept up with your progress in lurker mode. It's great to hear you doing so well. Keep up the hard work and progress and I bet those of us who haven't met you yet won't even know you went through this pain unless it's hot outside and you choose to wear short pants.

11. DeeDee Smock

DeeDee Smock Member

GETTING ON WITH LIFE!!!

EVERYONE: TODAY MARKS 6 MONTHS SINCE MY ACCIDENT AND IT WAS ALSO MY 1ST DAY BACK AT WORK. THE DOCTORS ARE ONLY LETTING ME WORK FOR 2 HRS A DAY, BUT HEY, IT'S A START! IT FELT GREAT. I DIDN'T GET MUCH DONE, BUT IT FELT GREAT TO BEGIN TO GET MY LIFE BACK TO NORMAL, IF THERE IS SUCH A THING. MY KIDS DIDN'T WANT ME TO GO BACK, BUT, TIME WILL TAKE CARE OF THEIR FEARS.......TIME AND LOVE.............I REALLY NEEDED THIS, I NEED TO KNOW, FOR ME, THAT I CAN STILL DO MY JOB, AND MAYBE, IT LOOKS LIKE MY CO. MAY GIVE ME A BETTER JOB, NOT BAD, HUH? WE'LL SEE. IT'S 2HRS A DAY FOR 1 MONTH THEN, 1/2 DAY FOR 1 MONTH-----------THEN I GET A FCE(FUNCTIONING CAPACITIY EVALUATION) AT THAT POINT THE DRS WILL DETERMINE MY DISABILITY RATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUMMER. I DON'T WANT TO BE LABELED, SO THIS ONE IS GOING TO BE A HARD ONE FOR ME, I WANT TO BE 100%------SOMETHING I KNOW, THEY WON'T GIVE ME ON THE RATING--------------BUT MENTALLY THAT IS WHAT I WILL BE NO MATTER HOW HARD I HAVE TO WORK AT IT. GOTTA GO, KEEP CHEERING.

12. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Too Great!!!! Keep pushing and I'll see you at the races.

Gordon

13. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

hey dee dee , here is a label for you, how about 100% winner ! or even maybe they can call you a 1%er because of your unusual drive ? even better yet , who cares what they say , you and yours know whats up ! the recent news has been fantastic and the only reason for your strong progress is because YOU want it and are willing to go for it ! many hats off to you sweetie . my wife & i would both like to meet you , i hope it happens . mike p.s. you have been an inspiration to a freinds wife after a pretty bad car accident , i told her she has no room to bitch or cry about her situation , just grin & bear it and get it done ! THANK YOU

14. DeeDee Smock

DeeDee Smock Member

WINNERS!!!!!

TO ME YOU GUYS, MY CHEERLEADERS, ARE THE WINNERS. WHO COULD POSSIBLY BITCH OR CRY WITH YOU GUYS CHEERING US ON. BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THAT WITHOUT ALL THE HELP, SUPPORT AND EXPECTATIONS OF EVERYONE IN MY LIFE, I WOULD NOT BE DOING SO GOOD: SURE I'M TOUGH ON MY SELF AND I KNOW THAT IS ONE OF MY STRONG POINTS, BUT, WITHOUT ALL THE REST OF YOU(FAMILY, FRIENDS AND ALL THE LOOKERS) I WOULD NOT HAVE MUCH OF A REASON TO BE SO TOUGH. MY KIDS ARE MY #1 REASON FOR PUSHING FORWARD. THEY NEED TO KNOW THAT EVEN THOUGH LIFE IS NOT ALWAYS FAIR , IF A PERSON KEEPS LOOKING FORWARD, NOT BACKWARD, THERE IS LOTS OF HOPE FOR THE FUTURE............................THANKS GUYS, YOU ARE TRUELY GREAT PUSHERS. FROM THE HEART.

15. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Dee Dee,
    From all of us in your support camp:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :clap:
    Now back to your normally scheduled life.:D
    Roger Preston

16. DeeDee Smock

DeeDee Smock Member

:) Hey guys; how is everyone? Fine I hope to hear! Me, after this wk I go to 1/2 days at work, work is going good, I'm learning the new computer program that was implimented after I got hurt. And they are talking about giving me a different job, than the one I had. I may become a planner/scheduler; which is a step up from my last job, but a lot less walking; which will be nice. Still going to therapy 2 or 3 times a wk, and still having weekly adjustments made to my new leg. My stump is still shrinking and they are waiting for it to stop before making me a new socket; the one I have now is getting too big on me and that is making things tough and aggravating, but that to shall pass......................Gordon, how is your wife? Tell her to hang in there and to take all the sympathy she can get, it's nice sometimes, if given correctly!!!!! LET ME HEAR FROM YOU GUYS, I STILL NEED MY CHEERLEADERS AND WOULD LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR LIVES...........................................THINKING OF YOU ALL, YOUR FRIEND, DEEDEE

17. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Sounds like the job re-entry is working out well, with a promotion even. Hell of a way to get a promotion, though. It will be great to hear that you have gone back to work full time. I'm sure that your patience is wearing thin. Just keep fighting and pushing.

The wife came home from the hospital Friday and she is already driving me crazy. She is pushing her skills level constantly and has settled into a push the limits/exhaustion/rest/repeat cycle. She is concerned that she can feel the hardware just under the skin and wants to get the screws out as soon as possible. She wasn't happy when I told her that it would probably be a year before the ankle was healed enough to do that. Fortunately I did the cooking and housework before she retired so it is not too big a change for me. I don't do it the way she wants it, but it gets done.

Gordon

18. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

DeeDee, glad to hear things are good at the workplace. :) Hang in there and keep pushing. You are one cool chick. :cool:

19. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Hey, Dee Dee,

How's it going?
    Your back to work and doing PT and all, Give us an update.

We have not forgotten your achievements but may have shifted our concerns to others in the racing community.

Roger

20. DeeDee Smock

DeeDee Smock Member

UPDATE

THANKS FOR ASKING. I'M DOING FINE, STILL WORKING, STILL DOING PT, THE LATEST IS THEY'RE GETTING ME READY TO MAKE MY FINAL SOCKET AND FITTING ME FOR A CUSTOM FITTED LINER. I HAVE SO MUCH SCAR TISSUE, THAT IT'S HARD TO WEAR A REGULAR LINER AND GET THE FIT THAT IS NEEDED.
    TO NOMAD: I NEED TO HEAR AN UPDATE ON THE WIFE.....HOW IS SHE DOING? GOOD I HOPE TO HEAR! PLEASE TELL HER THAT SHE IS IN MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS. SHE SOUNDS LIKE A TOUGH LADY, SO I KNOW SHE'LL BE FINE.

NICE HEARING FROM YOU GUYS AND GOOD TO KNOW I'M NOT OLD NEWS YET!

TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS.

LOVE YA, DEEDEE