1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prayers for wife

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Demon DS7, Oct 24, 2002.

1. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

This is my first ever post in the VINTAGE section - WOW! I just happened to click on the main link for something different and saw this thread...I went to it and read every post with tears streaming down my face.

It's reasurring to know the support group is out there, and more importantly that Dee Dee and her family have a positive outcome!

I guess you vintage guys (and gals) aren't so bad after all :D

Seriously, I was very touched by this story and am glad things have a positive outcome.

Jeff

2. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

WASSUP? we need a progress report!

3. Demon DS7

Demon DS7 Well-Known Member

Hey Mike, Sorry we haven't been on the computer for a while. Dee Dee is doing pretty good she had a set back Saturday, she fell and landed on her stump( I can't get use to referring to her leg that way but I guess I' d better get use to it.) I took her to the E.R. they did x-rays and nothing was broke. She bruised it up and she is in Major pain. She is suppose to go get a temp. leg Tues. to get use to putting weight on her stump. but that might be delayed a while now. Dee Dee said to tell you and everybody else hi and to keep her in your prayers.

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

She is always there and you are too. :)

5. Demon DS7

Thanks Paige , Dee Dee is felling bettter a couple of days rest helped a lot. She is still in pain but it is alot better.

6. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Set backs such as her fall while defeating and discouraging are nothing compaired to what she has already accomplished.:)

Make sure that Dee Dee gets her rest we are looking forward to putting her to work at the season opener in Fla.

Roger
    AHRMA Chief Flunkie

7. DeeDee Smock

DeeDee Smock Member

YOUR RIGHT, SET BACKS ARE BUMMERS, BUT I'M SMILING AGAIN AND SO IS MY FAMILY. MY KIDS WERE ALL WITH ME WHEN I FELL, AND ALTHOUGH PHYSICALLY IT HURT ME, I THINK IT HURT THEM EMOTIONALLY, MORE THAN IT COULD EVER HURT ME, MY 8 YEAR OLD WAS SCARED TO DEATH: SO I FELT BETTER FAST(haha) JUST SO HE COULD FEEL BETTER. MY FAMILY HAS BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH EMOTIONALLY, I DON'T WANT THEM TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH ANYTHING ELSE, UNLESS IT IS SOMETHING HAPPY AND THAT'S OK---------------LONG WINDED, THAT'S ME-------------TIME TO GO-----------THANK YOU GUYS FOR BEING HERE, IT MEANS ALOT. CATCH YA LATTER---------DEEDEE

8. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

she's tough!

9. Demon DS7

You better believe it!!!!:D She puts up with me.;)

10. Demon DS7

Hey Gang, I know everybody is real busy getting ready for a new fun season so I won't be long. Dee Dee had a cast(mold) made of her leg last week so that they can start work on her practice leg.( Dee Dee I know you'll be reading this so if I'm incorrect on anything jump in and correct me. ) She should get it pretty soon. She is still doing alot of threapy and I know she is still in alot of pain. Things are moving along but it seems like a slow pace. well better go. see you all somewhere along the line this season.

11. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

thinking of you and yours. status?

12. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

:) Well what's the word?
    Are you guys going to take a break and join us in FLA?
    You need a break. :p

We all will understand if travel is not in the plans just yet.
    All of us are still thinking about you, Dee Dee & the rest of your family.

limy_1

13. Demon DS7

Hey gang, Well things are progressing slowing put moving forward. Dee Dee is taking therapy 3 times a week and she should have her C leg in April. There is a lot going on here at home right now so it doesn't look like will be heading South just yet. But keep an eye out and you may see us before to long. Barber? Who knows.

14. DeeDee Smock

DeeDee Smock Member

HEY GUYS GOT MY TEMP, PRACTICE LEG TODAY, I TOOK RIGHT OFF WALKING, THEY COULDN'T BELIEVE IT THEY SAID IT WAS REALLY FAST FOR THE FIRST TIME..............ME, I FOUND IT HARD NOT TOO, I WAS SO EXCITED TO HAVE A LEG, A KNEE, AND A FOOT AGAIN, I COULDN'T QUIT. KNOW MY STUMP IS SORE, BUT THAT'S OK IT WAS WORTH IT. THERE I GO LONG WINDED, THAT'S ME, REMEMBER, OK,...................................GOTTA GO-keep walking!!!

15. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

now thats the spirit ! great to hear from you dee dee ! keep at it .

16. AT7driver

AT7driver Well-Known Member

Thats great, God Bless you and look forward to seeing you at the races SOON. Keep us posted. Thank God you are making such incredible progress. You are an inspiration Dee Dee.

David

17. Demon DS7

Hey Dee Dee, This is your hubby, Its 5 in the morning and I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd check out the BBS. You need to get on here and let everybody know how your week went last week.

18. DeeDee Smock

DeeDee Smock Member

HUBBY? What is that? Oh well I do know what friends are, so hey guys if you really want to know: I had a week of rehab for advance gait trainging! It went really well, I''m my own worst enenmy................. the PT and OT's said I did great, but me I'm not where I want to be yet. My walk has a slight limp and I'm trying to erase that. Good news, my C-LEG(computerized leg) is here and hopefully next wk I'll start the programmed training on it. It is suppose to mimic my natural gait---------and I'm EXCITED!!!! Maybe then I can feel like me again, never truely, but closer than I am know. Thanks for your continued support, I have really enjoyed each and every thread you guys have posted, and well, the PRAYERS and THOUGHTS have been so heart touching I LOVE YOU ALL..............keep it coming, I need the good thoughts.........................miss long winded is going to say good-nite-----GOODNIGHT

19. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Dee Dee,
    Your showing your strength if the OT & PT's are commenting in that way. Keep up the faith & percerverance (sp?).
    All of us have been given some insperation from your situation.;)
    Roger

20. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

awsome news , keep pushing !