1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prayers for wife

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Demon DS7, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Demon DS7

Demon DS7 Well-Known Member

I Know most of you don't know me , I just got my license this year. But I would like for you to remember my wife in your prayers.
    She was injured at her work place on Oct. 17. She was hit by a forklift and her leg was pinned between the forklift and a steel column. I won't go into all the details but it was touch and go as to wether she would lose her leg. So far everything is healing but now infection has set in. When you race you know that you could be injured, but that is understood from the outset. But This has hit me and the kids pretty hard. My wife Dee Dee is the mother of three, ages 19,16,and 8. please keep her in your prayers.
    God bless and good luck at GNF.

2. RICKY LOVE

RICKY LOVE Well-Known Member

You have my prayers for sure. Racer wives are tough, so you hang tough also.

3. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

We may not know you yet but you are part of the racing family. Your family will be in my families thoughts and prayers.

Gordon
    AHRMA

4. Demon DS7

Thanks for the kind words and the prayers. Dee Dee goes in for her 4th operation Fri. morning, She has already lost 2 of her upper leg muscles to damage and if the 3rd muscle has started to die off they will take her leg. If the muscle is alright they are going to take muscle from another part and place a rod in the bone and close her up. One Dr. is saying she'll be alright the other is saying no,so will find out tomorrow. Again thanks.

5. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Good luck with the surgery this morning!
    Keep us posted as to your wife and her progress.:(

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Your family is in our prayers as well.

7. biaggibaxter

biaggibaxter Active Member

Good luck and Godspeed her recovery. DARRYL

8. Demon DS7

People say pray doesn't do any good, but I believe it does and My wifes Fri. surgery proofs it.
    They took her down to preop Fri. morning to clean up the leg. my mother-in-law went with her and saw a small amount of blood on the bandage. She told the nurse who checked it out and saw that the main Artery that they had patched had blown out. they were able to take her straight in and do a vein graft. The doctor said that if it had happened in her room or after the wound was closed she could have been in real danger.
    Mon. she has muscle removed from her shoulder and put in her leg. Keep those prayers coming and I'm sure she'll be home in no time telling me I spend to much time in the shop with the bike!

9. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

:)
    Your news on your wife sounds terrific. It now sounds like she is on the road to recovery. The racing family will keep your family in our prayers.

10. coldduc

coldduc mid life crasher

prayers

I've put your wife on our prayer list in my Adult Bible Fellowship, as well..........
    keep us posted on developments
    tony
    Eph 6:18

11. Demon DS7

Re: prayers

Thanks Tony, And everybody else for the prayers. DeeDee's leg is starting to heal, the infection is almost completely gone. The Drs. say that she will get to keep her leg unless something unexpected happens, but she won't have much movement in it. Shes lost approx. 40% of the tissue in her upper leg and 2 of the muslces, but we are thankful that she will still have her leg. I've always believed that there is a reason for eveyrthing and in time we'll learn that reason. God bless and keep you safe. One more thing, life is short so make sure you make the most of the time that you have with you're loved ones.

12. Crustyoldrider

Crustyoldrider Well-Known Member

I'm glad your wife is doing well...some good news once in a while sure doesn't hurt. I will continue to include her and your family in my thoughts and prayers for a complete and speedy recovery.

13. Demon DS7

At 5:15 am Saturday morning the vein graft in Dee Dee's lower leg blew out, the vein graft had become infected and the doctors made the decision to remove her lower leg. She came out of the surgery in good shape. Please continue to remember her in your prayers. Thanks

14. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Hang in there!!(Both of you)

15. AT7driver

AT7driver Well-Known Member

Our prayers are with you and yours. God Bless

David

16. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

Your both in our prayers,god bless

17. neverbeenonabik

neverbeenonabik Well-Known Member

You are in my prayers as well. Hang in there tight.

18. rob264

rob264 Member

I thinking of you and your wife - dont give up!in 1986 i crashed on the street and had a pretty nasty open fracture of my tibia and fibula.
    My doctor was a arrogant son of a bitch who said i would never walk again. i ended up with a staff infection and on intervenous antibotics i was a sick pup to say the least. It took about 8 months to get the cast off but i still have my leg got rid of the rz :)rp

19. Demon DS7

Thanks for the encouragement, one thing about my wife is she's a fighter. when our 19 year old was born he had heart problems at 3 months he had open heart surgery then he had it again at 3 years old. never once did she give up. The doctors told her all the stuff that a parent hates to hear but she chose to ignore them and did everything in her power to make sure Jon got all the help he needed. She has had a lot of rough times in her life and has bounced back every time and I'm sure she will this time to. I think a persons mental outlook on things is what makes or breaks us.

20. Demon DS7

Just thought I'd let every body know that the infection in Dee Dee's leg has cleared, The skin graft looks great and she has been getting out of bed and with the use of a walker able to move around her room!! :D The bone break in her leg is healing slowly mostly the Drs. say due to her age, the fact that she smoked and her drinking vast amounts of Mountain Dew. It will be another 6 to 8 weeks before they try to put the rod in the bone. Thanks for all the prayers and keep them coming.