1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post up your "NEW" and "AFFORDABLE" health care rate

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

My wife works for a company that is self insured but being underwritten by Aetna. I'm wondering what will take place in her case. :(

2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

5 dolla...there I did it....:p

flygirl likes this.
  3. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

I had Anthem Blue Cross in DC/VA. I was told when I moved that I would have to reach out to BCBS where I am now for coverage. I called yesterday. They are no longer offering ANY policies after Jan 1, 2017. None. Since my current coverage has until Nov 2016, the agent on the phone yesterday said it would actually do me no good to have a policy that only lasted for two months. I asked the agent why they wouldn't be available in 2017, and he stated that the company had suffered massive losses in Maricopa County and wouldn't be offering any insurance service here when policies expired at the end of this year.

I've had a pretty badass policy with BCBS for over 13 years. No more. Thanks, AHCA!

aedwards01 likes this.
  4. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Smart azzzz. Lol

kangasj likes this.
  5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Must be all those damned white retired people draining the system there but hey, what ever contributes to our demise it's all good, after all VP to be recently said we need to become the minority here. It don't matter if my family line had nothing to do with the injustices suffered at the start of this nation. o_O :confused:

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nah, you came over later and founded organized crime. :Poke: :Poke:

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Ah BS, you don't even know your heritage, boy......your assignment tonight is to watch Gangs of NY, then report back here in the morning with a synopsis. :Poke:

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Look Guido, my ancestors were chasing your ancestors and putting them in jail. Then enjoying some corned beef and potatoes. :p

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

The crooked ones might have [tried] if they were able to avoid being shot dead at the dinner table. :D

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I think more of your brethren ended up face down in the marinara than mine did in a pastie... :moon:

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Certainly NOT at the hands of your brethren. :Poke: :D

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Damn skippy. Fucking flatfoots. :crackup:

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Oh come on man, Flygirl is worth a lot more than that. I figure close to dollar, thirteen, fifty six.:beer:

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Listen you two, don't make me come up there. :Poke:

15. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Well, to be truthful, I may have priced it on the low side. I like the buy low sell high philosophy :D

16. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

low? ya think ? I come with free flight benefits :)

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

seems cheap...lol. 5 days at Enloe in Chico, CA in the ICU with surgery got me north of $165,000.
    There was an ambo ride from Willows included! :D My co-pays were a couple thousand & it took 10 months & hours of phone calls to straighten all the billing out. After repeated denials of claims... AETNA finally paid. Some lady ,I had left messages with, called me back and told me about the "extreme sports" clause but "good willed" me anyways. Then my son broke his nose a couple months later in an organized basketball game... the claim denial reason listed for him was "Workmens Comp...fell from scaffolding".

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I hit a deer on my bike a little over a year ago. TOTAL time in medical care, including ambulance, ER, and surgery, was under 24hours. Total cost for less than a day of medical care? Over 40k. I ended up paying over 4 grand out of pocket for that fun. This was with my "new and approved Obamacare mandated insurance", in which I wasn't allowed to keep a damn thing from my good ole days. 4 years previous I was paying half the cost for insurance, and it was zero deductible. NOW, a year later and a new job, my insurance costs have tripled. I'm paying over 1300 a month for my family of four. THANK YOU OBAMA FOR DESTROYING THE MIDDLE CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aedwards01 and XFBO like this.
  19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Very rarely do we hear about people paying less, what gives? :mad:

20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

We have the freedom and supposed right to take to the streets and let the goverment know this is unacceptable but we dont do it.In countries where they are not"guaranteed" the right to voice their anger with their goverments,the people do it anyways and get their points acrossed. Ive yet to meet any working class person that loves all this "change"