1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post up your "NEW" and "AFFORDABLE" health care rate

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Oct 9, 2013.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It is what it is

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Bastard.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

4. kangasj

kangasj Banned

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yep. They really fixed the problem didn't they.

Venom51 likes this.
  6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO...."It'll be great" they said......."how can the greatest country in the world not have HC for everyone???" Bunch of buffoons.

kangasj likes this.
  7. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Would be a little more accurate...

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Blue Cross premium hikes in Texas, Oklahoma could mean Illinois sticker shock

But HCSC, like some insurers, has been stung by heavy losses in its ACA plans. Under the health law, insurers must provide a basic set of benefits and cannot turn away consumers, even if they are sick.

It's not too surprising then that Obamacare enrollees, some of whom were denied coverage in the past because of their medical histories, are using the health care system a lot. Newer customers have higher rates of diabetes, depression and high blood pressure than pre-Obamacare individual members, according to the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, the national federation of Blue insurance companies.

HCSC's medical costs have outpaced premium rate increases by a wider margin compared with other big health plans, according to Mark Farrah's analysis. Between 2013 and 2015, HCSC has seen a 107.4 percent jump in its average claim per member per month. But its premiums over that time went up 45 percent.

HCSC and other insurers were counting on an Obamacare program to reimburse them for some of the business risk of selling ACA plans. But those federal payments fell far short of expectations.

HCSC said it lost $1.5 billion last year on its individual business, up from $767 million in 2014. In Texas, where HCSC has nearly 603,000 members on ACA plans, the company lost $592 million last year and $416 million in 2014 on its individual business, Spencer said.

9. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

LIES!!! Obama is an all knowing unicorn god and he said my insurance would be cheaper...

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

They threw in with devil and are taking it in the backside, and yet they are surprised :Pop:

11. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

We might as well throw in with the likes of the U.K. and Canada now. Just go full on commie care. Then "the rich" can buy supplemenary insurance at lower rates.

12. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gotta love it. They bought and paid for Obama, got their forced insurance and realized oh shit, people who can't afford it still won't pay for it even if you try to force them :crackup:

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

They won't if they want their buy out of Humana to make it. The wife works for them. They'll cave to the government if they threaten to stop the Humana purchase.

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

My portion just doubled if I don't go to the new plan.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

As if we needed another reason to vote for Trump this November..........SCJ pick's, saving the 2A, repeal of O/C, what else???

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Trump fake-tanning mandate. :D

18. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

My insurance might not be cheaper but I'm pretty damn glad I have it. 5 days in a hospital and the bill was 65,000.00. My co pay on that was 3,000.00. That doesn't include the ambulance. I'm still waiting on that bill to come in.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$65000? What did they do, give you a complete superbike build and throw in a set of FGR 300 forks?

flygirl likes this.
  20. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

I know right???!!! They did keep me alive though so I guess you can't put a price on that