1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post up your "NEW" and "AFFORDABLE" health care rate

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Generally, the way that Government does away many of it's programs is to gradually taper it off so that the population doesn't go apeshit due to the loss of the program. With Trump? We have no idea of how it's going to happen. We might end up seeing some tweaks each year to the ACA until it's no longer effective to anyone. That way the death of it will not necessarily be noticed.

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It is unlikely but with any luck he will rip the bandaid off fast and we can just deal with the short term pain. The reason that the system is so fucked up right now is that there have been too many fixes placed on top of fixes. Some times fixing is the wrong way to go and you are further ahead breaking it all the way and starting over.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I love how the Dems trot out some guy to give testimony on how Obamacare "saved his life". The point being there is no other alternative or he would have died. Total complete BS AND, even if true how does one issue a case make? Should 100's of thousands suffer for his sake? How many people will currently forgo medical treatment due to the high cost? Is the only answer universal health care where everyone gets everything that they MAY need? If so we're in big trouble. Does no one understand the principle tenets of insurance?

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Obama and the Democrats when full out and 100% disrupted the market on implementation. Why should the undoing be pain free?

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Just got hit with a $2,423.52 bill for 2 bags of IV stuff for dehydration 6 months ago. Don't fk with bactrim and the sun even if you are guzzling water.

Anyways, would have been a lot cheaper before obamadoesn'tcare because I would have been covered at the particular hospital. Off with his head!

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Here's what's fucked up. I paid for private healthcare for years with no problem. Doesn't cut obomacare standards. So now have no health insurance which the whole law was designed to fix that problem??? Might have to actually get Obamacare before the end of the month. There are commercials on TV saying 795 dollar
    minimum fine

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've had my healthcare cancelled 3 times now because of the ACA. I now pay 400+ a month for basic catastrophic insurance - so it pays nothing until I pay $6k out of pocket. I don't have $6k, so I can't go to the doctor. I could before it was enacted.

Once the boss gets us set up with a new accountant I'm going to double check the penalty. I think it'll be 2500 or so for me, so that saves me 3500 a year I can set aside in case I do need to go to a doctor.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Now you're thinking. :beer:
    Another possible addition to that is that, if you pay cash at the Doctor's office, you'll most likely get a discounted price.

9. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

R1M370 likes this.