1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Points and the future of V8

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Wheel Bearing, Aug 9, 2017.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I wish Man.... Cant race until the GNF with the work schedule.....

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Lol. This shit is comical

No offense fellas but you're missing that there IS already a cap at 120 going into the GNF

THEN it's a winner take all. Drive all over the place if you want to collect the points.

I believe the 4 best is the best option. I don't have a horse in this fight but ran vintage a long time.

My only reason for not still running it is I'm tired of racing by myself.Racing all year to race the GNF with bikes your speed is no fun.

3. vance

vance *

I think that's also part of the rub. You can do exactly that and get 1st place points in regions nobody is in. Those factor in the tie breaker assuming everyone can collect 120.
    So two fast guys in one region beat each other up and the other collects 1st places being the only one in the region.
    Don't know the answer to the problem....

VFR#52 likes this.
  4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

That's another catch-22. Grid is never going to grow with that mentality.

I still remain firm that nobody really gives a shit about a vintage championship, other than the other vintage guys in it. But after reading the different opinions of how to run it, there isn't a 100% solution. There is "loopholes" to any given proposal.

I'd like to see the class grow. Ideally, it'd be growing with people like me. People that can half-assed ride, but don't have the care to dump a ton of money into a bike to be competitive. Where you don't need to be running brand new slicks every sprint and burning MR12.

I'd really like to run both classes (middle weight/heavy), but I literally just got my ZX10 exactly to my liking. Shit is expensive. I got a ton of wheels, spent money on all that dumb little shit, like captive spacers, buying the extra random bolts/nuts so wheels are 100% complete. I have nothing else I want to spend on it outside of maintaining it. And it's clean. Like, uber clean. And power wheelies are always fun.

I'm having a Broome moment and can't make up my mind.

TLR67 and VFR#52 like this.
  5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Normally I am in full on championship mode (take the safe second vs. the risky win, etc.) but due to bike issues a championship is now out of the question. The good part is I can focus on winning each race now.

<edit> And regarding vintage points, my vote is leave the Saturday vintage rules alone.

Bruce likes this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Whoa.....hold your horses there pal.......we ran mr12 in V7's........nothing smells better.......well,besides Jeff Johnsons tz250 exhaust:D

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Man would i LOVE to race Jeffs 250.
    At RA a few yrs ago i got to follow it for a lap or 2.
    So beautiful to just watch it.

Steven Isenhower #52

britx303 likes this.
  8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh I don't blame you. But that is the one reason I race the 600's now. Always someone to race with. Doesn't matter if it's 1st or 8th. Someone is there to have fun with.

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

What now my feelings are hurt.
    We alway raced each other.
    And yet you still left class.
    I even have videos of us racing.
    No love.

Steven Isenhower #52

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yeah but even though we swapped back and forth, and ran close with each other, if you or I wasn't there or drastically faster than the other... Or put some HWT Novices between us, there was no "racing"

I love racing my SV too. It is probably the bike I am fastest on. But again, very few bikes to race with. Parrish but he is too fast. I'd only maaaybe stand a chance at Tally, and even then that is just a hope.

11. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well if you would stay in 1 class more than 6 months it may change how many show up. Lol
    Why you think ive tried to solve this?
    You got on here and was the leading man for V8.
    We all know bikes are out there yet class is still low in turn out.
    So its not bikes that keep riders out of class.
    So why no one shows up to enter?
    But glad you found the class that works best for you.
    Take care.

Steven Isenhower #52

12. Wheel Bearing

Maybe if I find a V8 600 I can talk Dustin into buying my first gen.

But it's so pretty look at in the garage...

VFR#52 likes this.
  13. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

He goes through bikes like i go through shop towels.
    He has issues of loyalty to bikes.
    Lol.

Steven Isenhower #52

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I have a 05 GSXR 600 for sale.... 2K..

15. Wheel Bearing

No GSXR's allowed in my garage

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Actually a 2005 R6 wouldn't be a bad bike to have all around to be honest. Fast, good mid range grunt, and can race I both. But really that F3 I loved and it made me a better rider as a result. I love'd that bike, I should have kept it. I will be back into vintage eventually. I still have my 400.

I LOVVVVE that bike. That's my dream bike from when I first started riding.

I am only loyal to one bike. My CBR400RR I am loyal to forever. I will be buried with it.

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. Wheel Bearing

I feel like I am channeling Broome. I am not 100% I want to even sell my 1st gen Dustin. But more than likely it'll be there at the GNF. If you want to ride it/check it out, let me know. The original owner is a good friend of mine, I'm the second owner. 13k miles. Nothing else to do to it, I dumped money into getting a TTX and K-Tech piston and valve kit for the forks from Thermosman. 2 extra front and rear wheels. Obviously built and ready for WERA. He low sided it on the street back in 2008 or 09 and filed a claim and bought it back so it's a salvage title. That's the only time a bar end has hit the deck.

The dude was so anal about the bike, he packed a microfiber towel and cleaner and would polish his bike every time he got gas. It looks newer than my 2012 ZX6....

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

How can you even compare those 2? Haha.

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  19. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Mongo,
    Any chance of the cut off between 7 & 8 becoming carb'd or FI changeover with the OEM's?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator