1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Points and the future of V8

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Wheel Bearing, Aug 9, 2017.

1. vance

vance *

Ok, well the reason I've figured it out is not gonna be popular.
    I'm running Talladega next weekend just so I can go to Barber for the GNF in November.

BUT.... In my defense:
    I live in Naples FL, the end of the country!
    I've raced every single round with CCS and will race all remaining
    I even raced 4 of the 7 events with the start up Org that has split the region.
    I put my bikes on grids that I'm chasing regional points as well as on grids I have zero chance of winning just to add to the grid (vintage, cough cough) I really do finish 3rd most rounds because there's only 3 of us.
    I feel I more than support my local orgs.
    I really just wanted to race this year, a lot and I've never been to Tally or Barber. If there was a V5 on Sunday at Tally I would have ran it and joined you guys on the grid at Barber.:beer:

I know it wasn't directed at me but there was a bitch fest in general regarding this exact thing, a guy running 1 round and having the possibility to win a national championship, but I didn't make the rules and you guys have little to worry about with me and my bikes.

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've understood that the entire time - it is still effectively winner take all. Which is what I've been saying all along - EFFECTIVELY winner take all. :rolleyes:

3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Yep. But what different is those winner take all racers PAID to enter in at least 6 to 7 races for the opportunity to be able to race for that winner takes all Title.
    Nothing like sportsman when you race once and can show up for a winner takes all race.
    Not even close.
    How thats all you get then all is lost.
    Amazing.
    You are fighting me to keep racers off grids and pay less money to Wera.
    And im fighting to make Wera more money and add racers to Vintage grids.
    Whose side you on Mongo?

And all you can say is you dont want to sell me a championship.
    Lol.
    Have a great day

Steven Isenhower #52

4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

5. vance

vance *

Yeah, but if you look at it from a racer's perspective, it's winner take all amongst "friends" :).
    I totally get the "1 race qualifies you for the GNF", then a really fast guy does 1 round and shows up pissing people off. CCS is the same, maybe not even the 1 round, just show up?
    At least this way, it's someone who has put in the rounds and raced with the faster guys who hypothetically don't finish the race.

Oh and I must say, the thread in general section regarding 1 entry to qualify does not make a guy feel welcome :D
    Damn snow birds! Get off my lawn!

Edit, matter of fact, I think I'm the offender in this thread as well.

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I get all that, I can sell them points. Yes, that is more money for WERA. I'm just not sure it's what I consider racing.

I am not fighting you in the slightest, I am not agreeing with you, there is no fight here.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

I do understand. Not a fan of the show once myself at all but with racing turnouts being what they are it's still effectively inviting the top 15 each region with removing duplicates.

8. vance

vance *

As you know, guys race for different reasons. That broad blanket of "fast guy doing one round" gets cast over me and I'm just wanting to travel and turn some laps on tracks I've never been to. Would be cool to win, but not likely. Gotta race while the wife is tolerant, never know when that might change :)

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

And by the way...V5 still has a 4 best rule. So if you think you will run 1 and show up at the GNF and win a national. .I don't run that class...but I would say not.

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Ok
    You say thats selling points.
    But yet you are doing that already.
    All i need is a Nola round and i bought and paid for my points.
    BOOM!
    i just have to go where Norman is not and i get 20 points cause no one else shows up.
    All one has to do is hit a region no one races and you just bought 20 points a race.
    Guess you noticed 5 V7 racers at Nola?
    Oh well.

Steven Isenhower #52

11. nhammond54

Make the GNF like it used to be....invitation only. Make people earn their spot! Would make it worth chasing, rather than just show up.

VFR#52 and TLR67 like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's not a lot different, we just save money on postage.

13. nhammond54

Email blast. Save postage.

badmoon692008 and VFR#52 like this.
  14. vance

vance *

Running two sportsman classes to qualify, but would have run V5 to qualify knowing I wouldn't have a chance to win. I'm meeting the goals I set this year down here with CCS. These WERA rounds fell at the right time, really are just for fun and I have permission from the wife to race all I want (for now) so I'm taking full advantage.

VFR#52 and nhammond54 like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Haven't we discussed the whole email thing enough lately?

badmoon692008 and VFR#52 like this.
  16. vance

vance *

Just saying, from the perspective of the bad guy here:
    We had a lengthy discussion at the rider's meeting last weekend at CCS Homestead and one thing that cannot be disputed is that grids are down. Everybody has a theory as to why, but you're essentially asking Mongo to say no to a guy like me who's willing to:
    IMO do everything he can to support my hometown org and
    THEN go play on your guys' playground.
    Things are gonna have to change, we're all after the same goal of keeping the playground open.

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Sorry john, but this made me lol.

V5 Racer and Wheel Bearing like this.
  18. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

And I flipped the gas off with my leathers on the last lap lmao your welcome

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

...I never will forget that....I was on your tail the whole time too....:beer:

lanehammond likes this.
  20. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

:beer: You in for tally?