1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Points and the future of V8

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Wheel Bearing, Aug 9, 2017.

1. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Ok the only reason no one shows up is they dont have a snow balls hell in chance of winning title.
    The points system sucks balls.
    Have a bad race and you can go home.
    John whats his name as Norman calls him brings perfect points.
    As Norman found out thr hard way by beating me by 3 inches at Barber yet lost title.
    So now Norman brings perfect points and then kicks ass to win titles.
    The points system awards an advantage to those who dont have to race others in their regions.
    I proved that one.
    But ive been flamed, called names and generally been harassed for my view.
    V7 bikes have absolutely no resale value because of the rules.
    Yet all you vintage guys wont stand together to help grow this class.
    You want to say one thing to my face then say another behind it.
    I get shit from mongo cause he thinks its perfect the way it is.
    Yet class is dying a slow painful death.
    So why dont you all come up with a fair way to grow class?
    Make V7 bikes have a value to a new racer.
    Mongo says nobody shows up.
    Yet wont sit down with a group of us to talk about it.
    And try to help us make it better.
    Ive taken the time to talk to guys who have bikes but don't race them.
    Points is biggest deal why they dont race them.
    Open up points like i suggested and i bet they start showing up.
    But hey i know nothing at all.
    So have fun and flame away.
    May be at Barber for GNF.
    Who knows. May just sell bike to a Cmra classic guy cause there its worth something.
    Be safe and i await the shit storm
    This reply brings. Lol

Steven Isenhower #52

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh and for the record, Michael Burns will go fast on a steaming pile of YZ sumthing or other with 70hp, Dude is just fast and you can eat off his bikes.

TLR67, ToofPic, VFR#52 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I'm still in the denial stage that someone in the class is just faster than me, so I'm still looking to blame the bike at this point... :D

pscook, V5 Racer and VFR#52 like this.
  4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh I mean YEAH! F that cheatin ass supa fast R1!! lol What is that like a Graves Superbike or some crap?!!!

Wheel Bearing, ToofPic and VFR#52 like this.
  5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

My FZ is finally back together and getting finished up in the next few days. In for Tally V5

cajun636 likes this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Still hoping for a Mid-atlantic region again so I can get back to V7 racin'...........

cajun636 likes this.
  7. 418

418 Expert #59

The main reason vintage grids are struggling is because you can buy a modern 600 cheaper then older vintage bike. Some older vintage stuff I've seen people want stupid money for. I realize there is a lot of work and money involved in prepping one but modern bike guys don't seem to expect to get every dime back out of their investment.

I think also V7 cut off should be moved to late 90s. That would be more in line with how development was going back then. A TLR or a older R1 doesn't stand a chance against a 2004 zx10r.

8. Wheel Bearing

Whoooaaaa now...wait a minute. You saying the first gen ZX10 can run V7 HWT? Not seeing that in the rule book

9. 418

418 Expert #59

You missed the point completely.

No, I'm saying a late 90s open bike is forced to run with the newer stuff (I.e. zx10r) because of the 1996 cut off for V7. Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

10. Wheel Bearing

I'll agree with that. Same problem the early 2000's bikes are going to be facing with V8. But it appears that for both classes, that's just the way it's going to be. Those 96-03ish/04 are going to be all but obsolete for racing.

11. Wheel Bearing

So to clarify, the points carried into the GNF do not have to be region specific?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, they're created to give old bikes a semi competitive place to go play. We cannot make all of them competitive, there are just too many out there.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just because YOU can't ride a particular bike fast doesn't mean anything about how fast the bike can go.

418 and VFR#52 like this.
  14. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

While that may be true about price.
    There are way to many V7 bikes for sale for 2000 to 2500 with many spares.
    The problem is once you buy nike thats it. You wont need to buy another cause rules never change.
    I know of at leaat 6 bikes for sale right now. And have been for sale for at least 3 yrs.
    No buyers.
    We should open up V7 to 99 GSXRs 600s.
    750s no.
    But again that wont put any riders on grids.
    Know why?
    Cause ive talked to guys who actully bought bikes and never out a tire on track with them once they looked at points system.
    The system sucks.
    When i won V7 HW 2 yrs ago i won cause the only other guy who had 6 wins in class blew his motor.
    That left Me and Norman to race it out.
    Norman bet me by 3 inches at line only to come up short on points cause he had Mitchell Bruce trading wins in his region.
    I won due to having a Nola only region and i was only one who entered the class.
    So i was guaranteed 20 points just by showing up.
    John has been in same situation.
    Point is if you have 2 or 3 guys yrading wins in their region and have another fast guy being only one on grid.
    And he shows up with 6 wins and other show up at GNF with only saw 3 wins then you have wasted your time and money.
    2nd place is same as last.
    And with less than 5 riders at GNF or less well math dont work if guy with 120 points shows up.
    You lost before you even gridded up.
    But as always this trying to get more riders on grid falls on deaf ears.
    Later.

Steven Isenhower #52

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yet again - nope. The points system may suck for YOU but it works just fine.

Talking to you is useless. I already know everything you're going to say. You want the points changed so it'll work better for YOU and how YOU choose to go racing with all of YOUR issues being so far away from all of our events.

We have plenty of people running modern classes with no shot at a National Championship in them so you really need to figure out something else to use as your argument...

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No they do not. Go to the points page and click the National Vintage Points (or the link I posted earlier).

17. Wheel Bearing

I did, and it showed me in 2nd so I just wanted to double check. Guess I'll be making the 14 hour drive to the GNF this year. First one I'll ever attend, been riding with you guys for 5 years. Figure it's time anyways. Will take an extra day and hopefully spend more time in the museum.

Website still isn't noob friendly to navigate (not the first time I've said that :D ), but once I found that Vintage National points tab, of course it's "right there" when you know where to look. :D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, it's a weird setup for that. I need to fix it now I have access to the site just haven't found time yet.

The GNF is well worth the trip as is the museum - and you will need an entire day for that.

19. John Hancock

John Hancock Well-Known Member

So according to the Vintage rules I can run my 04 R6 in the V8 medium weight class? If so what are the pros and cons of doing this? I'm not chasing points, could this be another class I can race in?

20. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

And here we go.
    So explain to everyone how this helps just ME only?
    How does it?
    Cause it would actully hurt me if you jad done this 2 yrs ago when i won V7HW title.
    Norman would have won it.
    Somehow you just love to go after me.
    Why cause someone may actully have a better ideal than you or even care about vintage?
    And no its not working at all.
    Your grids tell everyone that Mongo.
    Yep i choose to come race with Wera.
    Yes its my choice.
    You dont agree with how i do it.
    Thats cool its not your money im doing it with. Its mine.
    Ive been waiting for you to call me out.
    You cant handle anyone not seeing things your way.
    Even if it helps put more guys on the grid.
    You either dont understand what ive said or you just dont care.
    Which is it?
    How many new bikes have made it on grid in last 3 yrs?
    Without the Hammonds there would be 1 new guy racing in V7.
    Wow big grid.
    Cmra can put more bikes that fit V7 on grid that whole Wera V7 MW can all yr Wonder why?
    But you go after me here.
    Yet wont say anything to me when i see you.
    You wont even discuss this in person.
    Ive tried.
    Who works for Wera here?
    Not me.
    Whose has tried to grow V7 grids?
    Me. Definitely not you.
    Tell you what.
    You dont want me to race Wera just say so.
    I will send my lifetime card to you and never come back.
    Pretty simple.
    Or maybe you could actully take some time and see what the other vintage guy want.
    But hey this is your house and im just a paying customer.

Steven Isenhower #52