1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama vs Trump throwdown 2.6: Wiretapping

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by adrenalist, Mar 5, 2017.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

If Trump knew and did/does have proof to back up his claim then tweeting about it is nothing more than a calculated risk on his part to stir the pot. Look at all the frenzy he caused and all the attention he created. In the end if he believes an investigation will confirm his claims then he has positioned himself very well. I say let him tweet away, as it only seems to piss off the Dems and libs so I'm fine with it.

There is no doubt that there has been some classified information leeks so someone or some entity has been obtaining and gathering information which is the basis of wiretapping/ eavesdropping/ montering or what ever you want to call it.

2. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I can't disagree more. It isn't a calculated risk. It was stupid. Period. He (again) gave ammunition to people who aren't convinced. And enough time has passed with zero evidence to support him that enough people have now made up their minds REGARDLESS of what "new" evidence might even show up - if it does. And that's the best case scenario. In no possible way can he have "positioned himself very well" as a result. Had he actually had evidence that he released within 24-48 hours? Maybe. But now? Not a friggin single way in hell.

BTW, his tweets don't just piss of the Dems and Libs. I'm neither and they piss me off.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

IF he had prior factual knowledge, then he played the media quite well, further damaging their already wounded credibility.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're lawyers, they'd rule the exact same and just find other words. They don't like Trump and they're biased.

5. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Again, you're opinion. I completely and totally disagree.

EVEN if he had prior factual knowledge, then he played it HORRIBLY. He should INSTEAD have waited at most 2 days and then RELEASED THE FACTUAL KNOWLEDGE.

Now, no matter what happens, a lot of people will discount what he said - period. I'm not a dem and not a liberal, and that's the way I feel. It's the way my entire family and extended family feels. He gave that story way too much time - assuming there is even any evidence there - which is a VERY big assumption.

Had he waited a day or two, the media was already all over him, but the story would have been fresh enough that he could have hammered them and their credibility while improving his.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which is exactly why your opinion on them being a good or bad idea has to be discounted - you're looking at it emotionally not objectively.

7. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Honestly, my guess here is that the only people who really think he's done the right thing with his tweets are his base. Not all the people who voted for him or the people who will even accept him, but that smaller percentage of his base.

8. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

No. They piss me off because objectively I see what they are doing to his ability to lead.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...I voted for him, more as a vote against Hillary. His tweets can be annoying, but it is really getting to people that I love to see annoyed. For me, that's a win.

G 97 likes this.
  10. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

I see it differently. Just pissing everybody off at the cost of damaging your credibility and reducing your political capital isn't a win to me. It's hardly leadership by any definition. Hell, if that were the case, Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank and Maxine Waters would be some of the "best leaders" that ever walked this earth.

jase likes this.
  11. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Was saying people in general, but I guess really msm lol. My feelings are fine haha.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

You may be correct but I just feal most of those peeps who have made up their minds would be against Trump regardless of any investigation results.

As far as his tweets go, they are at times silly but on the other hand at least he is speaking his mind and they need to be taken with a grain of salt at times. Perhaps they need to be toned down a bit, but they honestly don't bother me one way or the other. I also have some faith in some of his appointments as I think he has surrounded himself with some really good people. Time will tell.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'd be wrong.

I am not remotely his base. I didn't vote for him. I'm having fun watching him but not sure I'd go so far as to say I support him - I couldn't imagine fully supporting any politician, they all do such stupid shit. But I can step back and see how the tweet game has played people a certain way and I can see how that could be exactly what he wants. Be it playing his base to get pressure on people or playing the Russians or whatever.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry but based on your posts that's not remotely the case :D

15. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not his base, but I'm also not "one of those peeps who have already made up their mind against Trump". Most of my friends and family feel the same way.

All of us feel as though he's making a huge ass out of himself with the tweets. Frankly, he is starting to lose us. That includes my (very) senior citizen dad, who was a very VERY strong supporter of Trump through the election. He is now starting to have buyers remorse.

If you don't think that is real, you're really mistaken.

16. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

And sorry, but you would be totally wrong. You may have that opinion which is fine.
    I want to see the guy succeed. I really do. But it's based on behavior and performance.

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

I finally started to follow him on Twitter a couple,of months ago. The overwhelming majority of his tweets are unremarkable. If I had to guess on a percentage basis, I would say less than 1% of his tweets seem to cause any issues. So the notion that he is constantly tweeting crazy/offensive/ outlandish things - simply is not true.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Dems are losing their collective minds over Nunes. Pelosi even went full retard. :D Edit: Again.

kangasj likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As if that is something new.