1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama vs Trump throwdown 2.6: Wiretapping

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by adrenalist, Mar 5, 2017.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I'm patiently waiting to see how this turns out. I have a feeling this is going to backfire big time on the left. They have pushed this Russia thing so far, that they have trapped themselves. It's fascinating watching Trump dismantle their attacks with a simple tweet here and there. He is quickly establishing himself as a master tactician. I'm waiting to see how this turns out, and see if his wiretapping claim was another brilliant move to take down the Democrats again by exposing yet more corruption and making their RUSSIA! claims turn into them hammering one more nail in their own coffin. It's fascinating!

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Kinda reminiscent of the how's and why's the Benghazi attack happen, no? "It was all over some SOB and his ill created film" BS.........and their supporters BELIEVED IT!!! The Democrats have mastered the use of smoke and mirror diversions for a long ass time. I mean look at how Brazile got exposed and the hacks running the DNC were caught cheating for their candidate while harpooning the other who was arguably more popular in a lot of States........barely a peep from the very media outlets that pounce on anything Republican. It took a longer than it should have but a LOT of Americans aren't blind to it any longer.

gixxerreese and kangasj like this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Why does none of that surprise me?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Looks like it may be coming out soon...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-23/nsa-provide-smoking-gun-proof-obama-spied-trump

"Yesterday, Republican Devin Nunez Nunes held an explosive press conference outside the White House in which he told reporters that communications from the Trump team were picked up and disseminated within the government during the 2016 campaign.

Finally, and contrary to earlier media reports, Nunes clarified that the surveillance was not related to the FBI's investigation into possible collusion with Russia. This surveillance, he emphasized to reporters, does not "have anything to do with Russia." As a reminder, this has been the strawman argument proposed by much of the liberal media, which has said that a wiretapping of Trump or his aides, would only confirm that his relations with Russia were suspect and thus prompted a FISA warrant.

If Nunes is correct, and Trump was being wiretapped for reasons having nothing to do with Russia, that entire narrative falls apart, and the press will now have to spend the next few weeks building up an entirely new narrative to "justify" why Trump was being wiretapped on Obama's watch."

XFBO likes this.
  6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Crickets from the naysayers I told you!

"World Tribune, what's that nonsense?".....LOL.

Apparently, a more accurate news outlet than all the DNC supported ones, that's what. :D

7. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

8. blkduc

9. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

I think if it turns out there is something there, it still has nothing to do with Trump opening his mouth before his brain was engaged. I don't think he had a clue that it might really be true when he tweeted. He should have directed his Justice Department (and the new Attorney General) to investigate, and THEN open his mouth.

Beyond that, I still think it's way too early for either side to be counting their chickens.

10. blkduc

No, Trump knew about this right away. As soon as he was sworn in, the intelligence briefings began. There is a group within the intelligence community working hard to stop the left's attempts to take power and they let Trump know what was up. His tweet comes across as a troll, but he was just throwing the left a shovel, via the media, and then sits back and watches them dig. Some of them realize that hole is their own grave but most of them don't get it yet.

11. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Corrected.

Neither you nor I know whether or not there is even anything to know about yet. If you're hanging your hat on the very vague comments made by Nunes and Spicer, you may well be terribly disappointed.

Beyond this, even if he DID know, it is still the height of stupidity for him to open his mouth. You NEVER EVER give the enemy a "heads up" of what you're doing. NEVER announce something before an investigation is well underway, and you have sufficient facts to stand behind it. No matter how this turns out, Trump damaged his own reputation - period. Maybe not to you, but certainly to a whole lot of people. And that's the best case scenario assuming there is something behind it. Because the worst case scenario is much worse.

Don't get me wrong. I don't know (and neither do you) how much there is behind this. But again - IMHO it was incredibly stupid, arrogant, mindless, idiotic, inappropriate, unprofessional, illogical and dumb for him to "tweet" that crap when he did.

cpettit likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wouldn't say never. All depends on the game you're playing and the reaction you want.

13. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Yeah, point taken. I guess there are times - but this is certainly not one of them.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

To you it's not, to Trump it absolutely could be.

15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Holy Shit!

When did Broome get his own Wiki page? :D

Potts N Pans likes this.
  16. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Funny how people insist on bashing every move Trump makes, he's this he's that blah blah blah.... hey he's a billionaire who became President of the most powerful country in the world, stupid or dumb he is not.

17. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

And hence, my opinion. Obviously Trump thinks it's wise to tweet and say all kinds of things. And factually, it's already hurt him. Had he kept his mouth shut about immigration, the whole issue that the courts (inappropriately IMHO) used against him would not have existed.

18. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Sorry, but it's not "bashing every move he makes". There are plenty of things he has done that I haven't bashed - and some I've agreed with. I'm sorry it hurts people feelings to criticize him for doing stupid shit that actually makes it harder for him to do the other stuff.

Eh, actually I'm not sorry :)

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The courts that ignore the law and go with their emotions wouldn't have ruled any differently. His words are a good excuse but the reality is they're trying to keep him from accomplishing anything.

And yes, that one was idiotic but it was also a campaign speech - and they all say stupid shit when campaigning.

20. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about that. I think the lawsuits would have happened. But since the courts based this on his "intentions" in their majority opinions, I'm not sure they would have been able to rule the same way. I totally agree that they're trying to stop him.

That's why it's incredibly stupid for him to give them any more ammunition.