1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2009 Teen Challenge Series

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by infinityreplica, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In JU speak that means you're an idiot and he's tired of listening to you spout crap... :crackup:

2. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Apparently I misunderstood that "Don't...not expect me to call you on it when your talking smack about yourself." (referring to his disputing my early involvement in Hopper's career, and Hopper's 2-1/2-year stint and two AMA Championships riding for my team) is not a personal attack.

I guess I stand corrected. Somebody should notify the producer of the movie "Faster" and get him to edit some stuff out...

Now I will go study English. I seem to have lost the ability to read, write and understand the language as presented on a computer monitor.

So yeah, it was all a misunderstanding.

Which, as I stated several times in two threads, doesn't mean that the Aprilia series isn't a good idea. Not the same as or better than the Moriwaki program, not the same as or better than the USGPRU Honda RS125 program, but much cheaper at initial buy-in of a new bike. It should have its place in the road racing universe, alongside the other programs.

3. motopix

motopix Well-Known Member

This is such a train wreck and he doesn't even realize it.

Besides the entertainment factor, this thread reminded me to re-watch "Faster"; it's been a while.

So it's got that going for it.

4. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

I heard the 1st round of the Teen Challenge was this weekend at Summit Point. How did it go?

5. Butters

Butters Well-Known Member

The first round did not go off so well. There were zero entries into the event at Summit Point. From all the talk I do believe that the bikes were available before the first round unlike the Moriwaki last season. Due the gap in the race schedule the 125 GP bikes use this opportunity to run a second race.

6. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

0 entries....Huh?

Great Job Frank! It looks like your "streetbike 125cc" series is really taking off! :eek:

(I know I said I was done with this thread, but this just keeps getting more funny.)

7. Butters

All this talk about the series and not even 1 bike. I saw no one that was even representing the Replicast Challenge. Let the Moriwaki series live strong. I enjoy watching these kids. Karma is a b****.

8. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

I'll fill you in if anyone shows for the Homestead round in 1 months time

9. Butters

Where is Frank? I thought this was suppose to be the best thing since sliced bread. There is no excuss for bike availablity. 4 more round to go this season to see what happens. I must say it is going to be interesting when this series meets up with USGPRU at NJMP.

10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

we are getting two of these at every cmra round so bike availability is no problem.

11. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Yeh when we were at oak Hill, the Apes ran pretty good...in the 85 class(Formula3 ??):wow:

12. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Nothing against the class...but one ran in the 125GP class this past weekend at Barber. I couldn't believe how slow it really was. I honestly think Caleb on his 85 would have beaten him. I was worried when I saw an Aprilia on the grid sheet, thinking it was a real Ape 125 GP bike. Once I saw it move, I realized it was the new streetbike.

Am I wrong, or could the 28mm carb be one of its largest "holdbacks"? I'm all for a slower spec class, but I think some mods should come standard to make more of a gap between the minis (85s) and the real GP bikes. I can't imagine a carb smaller than what's on my 85 as being very healthy for power. If the whole purpose of a class like this is to help train our future riders, it needs to be more like a real GP bike IMO and less like a mini. Just constructive criticism.

13. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

I saw the same bike, It was slow. was that caleb with the camera on his head.

14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Yup, that was him.

15. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

looks like the 2nd round is a bust,well at least the promoter knows nothing of the race yet:eek: and its a month away:wow:

16. Butters

Steve you last state goes right along with what Frank posted back in Dec. Please read below or go back to the 1st page of this thread. I know that I am a Marine and all but if I math is correct 6.2 bike per round east coast and 5.6 bike per round west coast is better that zero.:bow::rolleyes::Poke: These bike were also available far more in adavance than the Moriwaki.

17. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

i get a bad vibe from this"debate"-
    whomever is responsible for the promotion of the Aprilia street bike cum racebike really should take a hard look at the effort thus far because from what i see so far, they,(Aprilia) are being cast in a poor light.

18. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

why is that? Aprilia has nothing to do with this phantom "series"

19. Chip

Chip Registered

Aprilia has nothing to do with this.....

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Good grief, the dead & beaten horse rises again...