1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Putting rules on rod weights is dumb. Instead of being able to use a product in production, a team has to get custom rods made. What is the gain from a 20 gram reduction in rod weight and what is the cost of a custom rod???? DUMB.

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

CHEATER!!!!!!

Gorilla George and 5axis like this.
  3. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

A beam rods is what you're looking for then. Carrillo, Zlock, and Falicon (falicons are heavy AF).
    Biggest cheater in the country. He puts fucking sugar in his coffee!!!!!!!

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Custom rods are not really much more than standard unless you want extra features

5. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Shut up cheater!
    I like sugar in my coffee too!

6. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Sorta like Yosh cranks? lol

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I will be assailed from the four corners of the Earth for saying this, but, I like this idea.

:D

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. swiest152

I always knew you were a cheater.

9. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

It all makes perfect sense to me. All of the "superbike"engine mods allowed are in the head only.
    Not valve size, little to no crank mods, some rod mods, no port restrictions other than welding not allowed but epoxy is.
    Very smart decision in my opinion.

Do smart porting with some compression, basically.

No billet or stroked cranks, no Ti rods, no huge valves, no cut and welded heads with valve angle manipulation, no case mods, no close ratio transmissions.

Very smart rules to keep costs down and to control engine output.

10. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Sugar and milk for us

[​IMG]

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Fuck.. I am still HWT thinking.. carry on.

12. The sun will shine on a dogs ass every now and then. :D

slimjim00 and SundaySocial like this.
  13. Mblashfield

Take this motor for instance:
    Heads with milled out combustion chambers and valve guide area. Billet aluminum slug welded in place. New combustion chamber machined in with wider valve angle set-up.
    Huge valves to replace stock valves and valve train. Custom cut pistons. Titanium rods.
    Custom machined billet cylinders and custom liners. Custom billet crankshaft. Close ratio transmission. Custom billet clutch basket. Custom case modifications with outboard crank bearing plate. Custom ground cam shafts and valve guides. Custom porting with epoxy shaping. Larger flatslide carbs. Everything perfectly balanced. 2.3 times stock hp output.
    Typical high end superbike engine modifications in a LTWT twin engine.

You can't do 99% of this per new MA twins rules. They didn't just make the rules up.
    They specifically don't want you to do any of this except porting.

Attached Files:

14. Mblashfield

If they let you, somebody would.

15. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

If you got a bigger dog you would never have to wash the bottoms of those coffee cups.
    Just sayin my dish washer also likes carrots, and a walk to the ice cream shop..

16. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Sooooo the 09 cut off takes the good SVs out of the equation , I don't know of any Gladius on the grid

Could be interesting

How can you have a pro lwt twins class and not include the SV ???? They're dumb :)

17. swiest152

I have a gladius and it will be on the grid this weekend at VIR. It's same basic bike as the 2017 SV.

18. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

What LWT grids have you been looking at I have had my 2017 Sv at Tally, Road Atlanta, VIR

JBarx likes this.
  19. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Also the licensing will not allow previous super sport or superbike licensed riders in the twins class

JustaNobody and Gorilla George like this.
  20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The dual pluggers aren't horrible. They just have a bit more crap on them.