1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Ok show up and cheat at some pro races.
    See how it goes for you.

Ride safe,
    AAron

2. Chip

Chip Registered

There is a lot easier ways than toggle switches to change engine output. If the team can get into the ECU, then there is no way to accurately measure engine output. People were doing stuff like this back in 2001. Its a LOT easier now.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  3. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Hey even Volkswagen got caught eventually

WANABE RACER likes this.
  4. Chip

Chip Registered

Right...but the other auto OEMs do the same thing and don't get caught.

Believe what you want to believe, but the dyno is too easy to cheat, its expensive and time consuming to use, and there is reason why nobody tries to regulate with them anymore.

Kordyte likes this.
  5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Dude trust me I'm not the only one who knows it's possible. I'm not running in the series so don't worry about me. I have twins to raise not twins to race. :)

This is why Chip suggested open the rules up. Then you don't have to worry about cheating (as much). Check bore and stroke and if they are within spec they are legal.

rk97 likes this.
  6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

meh, just go with the honor system. The fast kids on true SS bikes will still beat the big spenders.

7. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Not to mention all the cool nick names are already taken :crackup:

JJJerry and DucatiBomber like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Peugeot-Citroën just got caught. :D

Chip likes this.
  9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

mental note : don't waste time licking palm and wiping all over Broome's Spaghetti Monster, just knock it over when Livengood isn't looking...

:D

Gorilla George and G 97 like this.
  10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I love my 848. And if this goes through, I'm gonna love it that much more. But the bike to have for that class (as it stands right now) is the MV 800.

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

lol except that extra cylinder....

12. Kordyte

Kordyte Active Member

Sorry to burst all these bubbles, but there is no way an 848 Ducati will be allowed in this pro twins class

13. DirtyDawgR6

DirtyDawgR6 Active Member

14. Tristan

enlighten us...

15. Kordyte

Kordyte Active Member

If the 848's are allowed, you'd have to be an idiot to grid up on anything else. It would be the Ducati Cup... on a bike that isn't even for sale any more. That's not a Pro Race right there

16. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

Question for those guy's with experience (Ie Robby or some of the MotoAmerica racers in here.)

Assuming you have the bike and pit stuff squared away, what would it actually cost for you and your pit crew to go race a wild card round with MotoAmerica in the twin class?

17. Kordyte

Kordyte Active Member

And from MotoAmerica's press release:
    "The new Twins class is an addition that will address one of the most popular categories of motorcycles sales, as well as giving tuners some freedom to modify suspension and engine components. The class has also shown strong participation throughout the club racing scene."

All of that describes SV650's, FZ-07's, and/or Monster 796's, and not Ducati 848's

18. Tristan

Ok, so yet another wild guess in a thread chock full of them...

19. Tristan

did you bother to read the (tentative) rules ?
    I'm not aware of any other twins "up to 850cc"

2.8.2 Engine configurations and displacement capacities

The following engine configurations comprise the Twins class. Over 600cc up to 850cc

4 stroke

2- cylinder

20. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I have an 848

It makes 132 hp bone stock

With these rules I could get 160 hp out of it easily.

They won't be in this class.

Kordyte likes this.