1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Me Too...And Thanks for that Coffee at Road ATLANTA Chris.... You saved me!

V5 Racer and ghetto customs like this.
  2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

that would be a stout fz07 with a full ss build on good fuel. and if it made that, it would be at 9000 rpm. From there up to red line would be ugly. falling off at least 10hp. the stock airbox is horrible.

V5 Racer and ts199 like this.
  3. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Which is why we don't have SS rules.....

4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

From what I've seen from friends that have done it, it wasn't any more expensive that a club weekend. Those were guys that ran up front in club races though, not someone midpack pinching pennies. :)

5. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Will MA require the pro twins people to buy like 5 sets of tires per weekend from Dunlop? Because that shit isn't cheap.

I'm also curious about what the real cost would be.

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

BRAP!

7. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

I was at VIR didn't notice any but if you're running lwt you already know it's 99% older SVs , plus where are you finishing races on the new SV comes into play too

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm guessing because K
    I haven't seen the new class tire allotments, but it was around 5 sets for Superstock when Ty ran and only 2 sets for Ktm cup. You don't have to buy all the sets, you can buy up to the allotted amount.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  9. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Oh not bad, I thought it was the other way around, and you HAD to buy 5 sets. Thank Jesus

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

They are also less expensive, in 2012 I think it was about $40 less per set.

11. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Red White and blue camo 425 expert lwt at vir was a 2017 bike

12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

SBK FZ07R by APMotoArts at 100hp. https://www.facebook.com/1452817171...817171693980/1710425305933164/?type=1&theater

I've heard of multiple SS builds in the upper 70's with nothing exotic. Dyno curves can be found on-line.

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

LD likes this.
  14. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

So you finished 7th in the SS race , how does it REALLY compare to an older one ?

Didn't run F2 or sbk that I saw on the results

Tonyp425 likes this.
  15. Tonyp425

I only ran ss the other races were late in the day and I wanted to get home... I'm still working at get the suspension dialed in my front end has been pushing really hard, I about have it where I want it. Other than that it is really close to the 2nd gen Sv

16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I guess MA agrees...you can modify the intake per the rules

17. Tristan

sweet burn.
    It compares mostly that the new one pays contingency. All the tests I've seen would indicate it's the same old SV for the most part, with the bloat of the Gladius removed.

18. Tonyp425

No burn only my third expert race with some fast bikes on the grid and fighting with the front end... I have no problems with that.

ts199 and JustaNobody like this.
  19. Tristan

It was a joke...pointing out the silliness of nobody's statement.

20. Tonyp425

It's all good man.