1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

see post #370

the last thing we need is another pro thunder class

rk97 likes this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm not arguing for/against anything, just pointing out flaws in assumptions

3. Tristan

I remember Pro Thunder being pretty cool from a spectator vantage

4. Kordyte

Kordyte Active Member

Yep, we're all guessing as none of us are MotoAmerica decision makers... but I'd be more than happy to put money on a wager that the Duc 848 won't be in this class!

5. Tristan

Not a betting man, but what bike do you imagine they have in mind "up to 850cc" in a class that calls for stock bore?

6. Bruh.

Triple.

JustaNobody likes this.
  7. Tristan

it's been handled.... scrolled too fast again

badmoon692008 and rcarson15 like this.
  8. I say to hell with all of this bullshit.

Formula Extreme Lightweights.

Must use same combination of OEM frame and engine, however engine modifications are unlimited. Overbored, Stroked, anything you want to do as long as it is normally aspirated and it stays under 900cc.

Let the kids play on 300s, and let the Teams run 600s and 1000s. Make this a class to show off the creativity of engine and suspension builders, and let it be a class that is cool, different, and shows off just how badass somebody can make a LWT bike.

Run what you brung. :D

9. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

These are preliminary/provisional rules for a reason.
    MA is probably getting at least 2 calls/emails a day with feedback...
    Right now all anyone has is a letter of intent.

10. Well. Shit.

11. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Ducati makes a 821cc monster

12. MA needs OEM support. It would make absolutely no sense to create a new class, supposedly to highlight new bikes with a growing market share...only for the "must have to win" bike be something that stopped being sold 7 years ago, from an OEM that has shown zero support for MA.

Regardless if what these preliminary rules outline, not only would allowing the 848 make no sense for MA, it would be counterproductive.

JustaNobody and Kordyte like this.
  13. Kordyte

Kordyte Active Member

No idea, but it sure as hell ain't the Ducati 848!

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Maybe the 850 cc limit is to allow for the seemingly annual Ducati displacement bump on the 797 to next year's 817. Or the 821 to the 841. Even the 821 will be an overdog if let in. I am thinking it might be allowed in, but will have to add weight and running an air restrictor.

15. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Aftermarket rods of like material allowed but they can't weigh more than stock. Who makes these rules? An off the shelf Carrillo (I said it, ooops) usually weighs ~80% what a stock rod does. So now you have to make more expensive custom "heavy" rods. Doh.

Gorilla George and 418 like this.
  16. Chip

Chip Registered

Broome said something smart!!

noles19 and Gorilla George like this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Are you outside the edit window?

Fuck, he's gonna be unbearable now. :(

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

And in the SE rounds I'll be in your pit toting tires/equipment, pulling warmers, and going on PBR runs. I work for free too. Eff it, I'll buy the beer.

19. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

You can make custom rods with the modifications listed as long as you use the same material the homoligated rods are made of.

Or use a the stock rods.

They don't want Carrillo or Crower or the like used but they do give you some options that would/could prolong the life of the motor.

20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I just put 2nd gen sv rod on scale, 359g. Carrillo H beam 355g. Close enough :)