1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mans vacations??

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

True but the racing just happened to be the causation for the get together. Without the racing the get together would never have happened. Splitting hairs and arguing the inarguable but this is the BBS and shit like that is SOP. :D

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

omg lmao !

3. ton

ton Arf!

it's a little tough to read through the rum... but i think you're conflating some media-fed idea of the decline of western civilization with the simple pussification of your friends. :Poke:

Sweatypants likes this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just a party animal heading into my 61st year on this planet, but some of you guys sound depressing. Never go on vacations...WTF is that all about?! I figured out a long time ago that nobody gets out of this deal alive and every day I'm breathing is a great day. And to do something that is fun just adds icing to that cake. I go out at on average 4 times a week. I've got band friends, and motorcycle friends and hockey friends and add to that mix my brothers and their friends along with our grown kids and their friends...I've got an endless group of people to hang out with and I enjoy every minute of it. Tonight is bicycle night, a group of us ride about 15 miles through the park and hit the bar afterwards. Tomorrow is bike night. Thursday is jam night. Friday I rest and Saturday there's always a party going on somewhere. Sunday is Funday.

Simply put, there's way too many cool things to do on this planet to sit on your ass. And if your the social type, it's even more fun.

cha0s#242, bacolmm, cpettit and 2 others like this.
  5. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i get a golf trip with the dudes once or twice a year, depending on schedules. its pretty fun- air bnb somewhere, 2 or 3 roundfs of golf, 4 day weekend etc. we are all old enough to consider that fun, gambling against each other on the course, shit talking etc.

camping trips that the family comes with is almost a guys weekend. 3 or 4 families, motorcycles (dirt), side by sides and dune buggies and plenty of alcohol, we just make sure the partying is low key during the day and then it gets turned up around the fire at night. best part is the wife and kids LOVE those trips and so do i, so no need to twist anyone's arm to go hit the desert and burn two stroke gas for the weekend.

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

It can be done to not get annoyed, my brother snores, If I'm in the same room I spend my whole night not sleeping planning on how to kill him. Everywhere I travel is cheap, so enough room to get away. The keys was a bust so now going fishing in Panama in 2 weeks with a place I know down there with one friend. He has his room I have mine, and a hot Austrian girl owns the place, cool girl meet in a super remote place fishing there. Can make bread and cook everything using wood on a chiminea, cool girl

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I see that you’ve figured out that the simple things in life are the most valuable.

The Todd likes this.
  8. Captain Morgan

No, just a simple observation of a cook that it seems harder for most guys to justify a vacation each year seems more and more reasons not to. Hell, take the wife and kids, have fun.

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

maybe its you. haha

YamahaRick likes this.
  10. Captain Morgan

Never claimed to be sane. I'm a chef. Just don't like working to much and finding places where a month salary job on a yacht can pay for 3-4 months chilling out/ traveling. It's normal at this point, sitting in sao Paulo Airport on a 10 hour layover

The Todd and rd400racer like this.
  11. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

words of wisdom:beer:

12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'm heading out Sep 3rd.

baconologist likes this.
  13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I think there's a lull there in the middle where your buddies with kids can hang out. Once the kids get a bit older again, if they are in sports it is all time consuming again.

Sweatypants and BigBird like this.
  14. Captain Morgan

True, my girlfriends kid is 15, would love to get him on a kiteboard. If not ok, just get outdoors, team sports is OK, not my thing, crazy discipline and masters of being on point with rules and guidelines, but not like a skateboard, surfboard, kiteboard, snowboard which I like( fan of boards) but what ever you can do to get a kid off the couch is fine with me

15. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

We need to talk man, I'd like to really do something like this maybe next spring/summer. Get a few guys and do some riding for a couple weeks somewhere, hell even the Gap would be fun. But back on topic, myself and 4 others guys have been friends since college. One of us has been pushing for a guys trip for years and we've never come through. (I'm more guilty than anyone) We're all spread out from Ky to Michigan, IL and Colorado. Seems like with work, wife, kids, kids sports etc. it just gets harder and harder to make it happen.

16. Captain Morgan

Go on the trip, you are that guy!!

USracer900 likes this.
  17. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Yeah man, hit me up. Even a quick weekend trip to the Dragon would be fun. I've got a couple buddies that have said the same recently, as taking time off work is too hard.

USracer900 likes this.
  18. rd400racer

Don't forget me guys, I'm just down the road from you two and always game for something:D

USracer900 and cBJr like this.
  19. Captain Morgan

Nice, jealous,

20. rd400racer