1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mans vacations??

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Aug 17, 2021.

1. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Just found a dudes trip for my buddy and I. An hour east is High Plains Raceway, across the street is a shooting range, back in the little town is a golf course. So, a day with 36 holes and some shooting. The next day a full trackday. Sounds like a great weekend to me!

baconologist likes this.
  2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

You just have to keep making friends- the problem is everyone is at a different stage in life. Kids sports, keeping the wife happy, etc.. You can't blame people for having priorities. My core group keeps changing. All of my college buddies are out when it comes to more than a day long event for the above reasons, although we still manage to sneak in a hunting weekend once a year...barely. So I started doing new trips with some other guys- skiing, etc.. You have to make an effort. Guys aren't good at that.

Racing really fills that void for me, too, especially the 'away' races.

Also, now that we're older, is it really a big deal if one or two of the wives come along? It's not like we're picking up chicks anymore. In some ways I think it's good for them to see what the bonding is really like. That way in the future they will be less likely to put the brakes on a "man weekend" for nonsense reasons. They see us together and they realize that it's important.

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Understand your point. But stages in life is an excuse. Everyone one of us is in a stage of life. You are doing it still racing, awesome on you. I don't have that right now so its kiteboarding and fishing. Priorities are what you make them. Really need to work right now but really want to go catch a big fish. So heading to Panama, money comes any money goes, not my priority right now.

Gino230 likes this.
  4. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Our "mans" vacation was the Tour of Idaho. Not a lot of partying but a lot of dirt bike riding, and we certainly progressed from just good friends to lifelong friends/brothers. If you said do it again I would say FU! If you have never heard of it look it up on the internet. It was invaluable for me as after the trip was over I was willing to make the life changes which were needed, leaving Portland Oregon madness, and heading to the East to be closer to family.

I think that male bonding trips with friends are important for mental health. I try to go hunting every couple of years for the same reason.

5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Bullshit.

We all pick our own path in life. Which is why I tell my son repeatedly that life is about choices. None of us make the same choices, but we ALL have to live with the consequences of our choices. Your friends made choices that diverted them from "guy vacations" that happened on the regular early on.

Not a damned thing you can do about it. It was their decisions.

You choose to be Peter Pan with a drinking problem...and that's fine. For you. If you ever wake up with regrets on other paths you could have chosen.....again, that's your burden to bear.

SteveThompson and socalrider like this.
  6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

If the day on the golf course is
    CR 500 Polo .. count me in :clap::D

skidooboy likes this.
  7. Captain Morgan

Feel like I should pay you. Way better than the last guy who told me I drink to much and need to start acting like an adult. Just ordered my new 2022 kites today so its a good day. I'll keep living the burden of life, with a smile and having fun

Scotty87 and rd400racer like this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

9. StaccatoFan

You probably do very likely drink too much. You'll pay for that later, too. Just be aware that it was self-inflicted.

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

11. Captain Morgan

I know, but says the guy who picks probably the most dangerous hobby in the world????? I like unpredictable stuff with the consequences, rum is just something on the list of many. People that live safe lives everyday die. Prefer to have as much fun as possible along the way. Love sliding out of a corner on a wet track, Florida boy

12. StaccatoFan

Closed course riding is probably as safe a hobby as you'll ever find.

Drinking so your liver fails and you cannot enjoy the time you have is just foolish on so many levels. My girlfriend's Dad has essentially drank himself to death. He's 75 and pickles himself a couple times a day between Capt. Morgan (Ironically) and Bud Light. Cannot remember what happened 10 minutes ago and asks the same question repeatedly because of it. Hasn't been able to be who he wants to be for over 15 years now....cannot enjoy the retirement he worked to earn. This week he's having a monumental temper tantrum because his wife has taken and hidden the key to his gun safe.

13. Captain Morgan

Sorry you are in that position. Won't make any bad jokes or stupid comments. Good luck with things

14. Captain Morgan

bye the way racing a motorcycle as fast as you can on a closed course isn't safe. Just safer, thats the beauty of it

15. Captain Morgan

ok so road racing motorcycles is a safe sport?? Guess my friends airlifted 0ver the last couple of years might disagree

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Do you really think comparing the number of people you know who were airlifted to the number of alcoholics that die each year is good one?

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

or the number of people alcoholics kill?

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’m pretty sure alcohol has a significant lead in the +1 population numbers…

19. Captain Morgan

no, its totally irrelevant, sorry, could make an excuse but won't. To each their own of being adults, Sorry again

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

This was a fun thread. Talk about a buzz kill.