1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I-Phone or Android

Discussion in 'General' started by C-Par, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Good info. Thanks

To use a SIM in Europe you have to jailbreak and unlock your phone BUT you would have had to do this before upgrading to 3.1 due to the fact the basebands were changed in 3.1 that stopped ultrasn0w from unlocking the phone in future releases. If it was done before an upgrade to 3.1, then you're fine and can upgrade to any version. All a matter of timing.

2. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

New update after checking my last bill:

-Get the 45 meg plan. It's amazing how much data the damn Google maps app takes up!

-Check you bill when you get back. They forgot to account for the 20meg data roaming plan that I purchased. Got a nice $324 bill for just 5 days worth of roaming data! Once they accounted for the plan, it was OK, but a little scary at first.

-Find an app that'll monitor your data usage. I though there was one built in, but it doesn't work with roaming.

-Find an app that'll cut off receiving calls. Damn telemarketers cost me $25 :mad:

-Turn off Data Roaming when you don't need it!!!! Even if it does nothing, it'll still grab data which adds up!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I screwed up on my first one and went with the basic data plan - $1k that month....

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Does anyone have a real unlimited plan?

5gigs is damned hard to hit even streaming a lot of stuff.

6. Venom51

Ohh....I know it just irritates me when they call it unlimited and then 3 words later throw out the 5 gig limitation to the unlimited plan.

Unlimited by definition means "without limits of any kind"

Could there not be some form of lawsuit filed for false advertising or bait and switch or some shit like that?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They say unlimited means you can get online anywhere there is signal - not limited to a cable/dsl/phone line....

8. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

AT&T has only one personal data plan for PDA"s/SP's, Smartphone Personal, and it's unlimited, meaning no limit on data and no surcharges for data over a megabit limit (US domestic).

Rate Plan Details
    Included Data Unlimited
    Additional data $0 per MB
    Canadian Data $0.015/KB
    International Data $0.0195/KB

Looks like that's going to change.

9. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

That's the rumor. Get ready for some class action suits too. Not a fan of AT&T what so ever.

10. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

I've had the Droid for about a month now. I really like it, except that it is not quite stable enough for the casual/non-techie user yet (IMO). I'm seeing some random re-boots and freezes among other various strange behavior...had to restore factory default data last night to get the home and search keys working again.

I'm hoping the system software update that is coming soon may address some of these issues, if not....I'd hold off until the platform stabilizes.

11. Venom51

Would you like to have the update now...?

12. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

I saw the instructions on how to download and force the upgrade, but I'll wait ... it should be pushed to my phone soon.

13. Venom51

I can't say I have seen any of the behavior you mentioned.

14. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

sounds like the problems people had with the Storm. So many unique issues that could only be duplicated on said device. I feel very confident as the droid OS matures, this is going to be one hella platform.

15. Venom51

yeah...plenty of complaints about the screen not waking up after a call but again...mine's never done it.

I tend to believe it's a faulty batch of hardware more than it is an OS related problem. If it was OS related every phone would do it.

16. trackjunkieX

trackjunkieX Banned

I also use the Vonage app for calling India. The AT&T rate is 3.95 a minute. The Vonage rate is $.07 a minute.

I love Vonage for my land line because it can be set up to simulring my cell phone.

17. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

Wow, your really an assclown. :crackhead:

Really? they landed on the moon? holy fucking shit, next you'll tell me we have tv's in watch's, :rolleyes:

I would rather ask if someones done it than follow the milliions of idiots that swarm to google and get the wrong info.

Good idea.

I have unlimited evenings and weekends, free texting, call display, voice mail, all the other little crap etc, 500gb of 3g usage but I haven't even come close to using it as I use Wifi wherever I can.

18. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I believe that was the same problem with the Storm. I went through 3 of them while my wife's original one worked fine. Mine was made in Canada and hers was made in Mexico.

19. Venom51

I'm so hurt....:rolleyes:

20. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

You should be, how's your foot in your ass doing?