1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I-Phone or Android

Discussion in 'General' started by C-Par, Dec 8, 2009.

1. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

OK call me completely ignorant but you can get a virus on your cellphone?

2. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

Anyone have good info on how to jailbreak the iPhone 3GS and if you do, do that open up a world of free app's etc? Sorry, newbie to this sorta stuff, I honestly never cared for high tech phones until I got a deal on my 16GB 3GS that I couldn't pass up. So far, apart from battery life, it rocks, :up:

Sorry to hijaack, :beer:

3. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

On your iPhone, yes. :D

And it doesn't have to be jailbroken, either, as someone above implied. ;)

4. My next door neighbor got a brand-new Droid yesterday, showed it to me today. Damn - that thing is as big as my head. :(

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Snapping my fingers and saying....Ohhh no you ditun't.

6. Venom51

Heahzeus Christo....I hate having to point things out to the less than intelligent.

You're right..it's fuckin huge.

7. Bad Dog

Holy shit, the Droid is a big as a T-Rex, :Poke: :wow: :beer:

8. Venom51

I bought a forklift to carry it around with so it's alright. :rolleyes:

9. Bad Dog

Excellent, :beer:

10. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

I was at a client meeting when we brought up cell phones. Client was talking about his Droid and how it does this and that. He then asked to see my iphone and couldn't believe how thin was vs. the Droid. He then backtracked and said "well, I bet with a case that iPhone would be much thicker". He didn't realize it already had a case.

Then there came the argument that AT&T doesn't work in his area. I then showed him the 5 bars of 3G coverage I was getting in his office :D . To be fair, AT&T's coverage does suck for a lot of people, all depends on where you live and travel to. For me it's fine, but if I had to travel to more rural areas, it would be different. Hopefully the competition and their contract ending in 2011 will get them off their lazy asses.

I know shapes and sizes don't equate technical specs, but man, side by side the Droid is a flippin brick, no style what so ever. Looks like it was created by engineers rather than a usability expert. Kind of a shock considering that it comes from the inventor of the RAZR.

11. Venom51

Do you have the hands of a 9 year old girl? Don't feel like I'm just bashing on you...I do the same sort of thing ever time one of our 240 pound 6'2" sales men bitch about how much there notebook weighs.

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

antirich,

Did you use your iPhone during your recent trip to Europe? Is your phone unlocked, and if so what carrier's SIM did you go with?

13. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

How fanboi'ish of you. :)
    Trust me - I repeated all the same bullshit responses back when the iPhone first came out. I hated everything Apple, and I recited all the same reasons you have. Then I actually used one for a while. My tune changed.

14. Venom51

I support 25 of them for our workers....I'm no fan boy of any of them. I use what works best for me. Currently that's an Android device....however the G1 was not my cup of tea for lack of Exchange support. The android OS has a ways to go as I can't currently let any of my users use them for lack of policy enforcement.

Get over it...the iPhone is not the end all be all device you believe it to be.

Now go back to masturbating to your Steve Jobs 8x10 glossy photo.

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Ah...the Droid is just the new PC. :crackup:

16. Bad Dog

Wow, testy, testy, :crackhead:

17. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

How's that iPhone keyboard slide out, I can't seem to be able to figure it out?

18. Venom51

Does the guy that just asked about any info on how to jail break his newly aquired iPhone really going to throw up the crackhead remark?

Here dumbass let me google that for you...

iPhone for Dummies

Let me know when you catch up to us in 2009.

By the way did you know....We landed on the Moon

19. Venom51

I'm sure some third party company makes a keyboard with a ipod connector on it you can plug into it.

20. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Yep, it was our only phone/computer for the whole 9 days. Paid the extra $25/month for the Foreign data plan and used it mainly for GPS and finding hotels. It worked unbelievably well, got us out of some jams in the back roads of Mallorca. Some of the old city roads in Palma and Valencia where impossible to figure out from memory, so again, the GPS was a Godsend. 3G reception was 5 full bars everywhere we went, no matter how far form the city.

I didn't buy a SIM card cause I was told that changing it won't work in Europe. What I did do (and highly recommend) was get a Vonage account, and download/sign up for their iPhone app. Basically, it's FREE calls to the US if you have a WiFi connection! It's just a simple VoIP soft phone, but calls any land or mobile line just like a normal phone. I spent a total of 20 cents calling home the entire time! Even calls throughout Europe where practically free, but I didn't really call anyone there.

In regards to WiFi, that was a little disappointing in the parts we were in. A few hotels (one a very nice 5-star hotel) had the most unreliable WIFI I've ever seen. Felt like everyone was sharing a DSL line; you get a full signal, then it drops off 10 seconds later. Other hotels were OK, but didn't find too many free networks around towns and such. I thought I'd get a Boingo account, but they're not in Spain. Should have done some research before I left. I'm sure there's an app for that :D

I did get some strange $80 bill from AT&T at the end, but they couldn't justify or explain it, so they took it off.

OK, back to everyone's IPhone/Driod bashing :Poke: