1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High school football clobbering

Discussion in 'General' started by StanTheMan, Nov 3, 2021.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

But it sounds really cool when you say you graduated 8th in your class...

...of 24

dtalbott, Saiyan66 and BigBird like this.
  2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

What garbage are you spewing? Teaching failure?! Has to be one of the stupidest goddamn things I've ever heard.

Jed, dtalbott and FastByKids like this.
  3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm sure he'd be fine with getting bermed into the bails by the leader as he's getting lapped in the final corner.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's not even close to the dumbest thing you've heard on here. Who are you kidding?

5. Venom51

Been there done that. Survived it.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I took a piss and cooled down. I get riled over shit like this, I'll settle down.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Even in wars, civilized nations allow losers to surrender. They could just kill them. That would be the "manly" thing to do.

Why do high school kids need to be tougher than the military? Swapping in your replacement players when you're leading by 50 is not handing the losing team a trophy. Your starters are not learning anything from scoring the next 50 points on a team that obviously cannot defend against them. The losing team is not learning extra toughness by being down 100 instead of 50. So really, what's there to gain for anyone involved? Might as well use the opportunity to teach some sportsmanship.

DmanSlam, dtalbott and Saiyan66 like this.
  8. Venom51

We disagree on how wars should be fought...

Try to avoid them if you can but once engaged the goal should be complete and utter destruction of the enemy.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

The worst part of the whole thing would have been if one of the starters got injured from running up the score.

As a coach, using that term loosely here, of youth sports. There's a line in the sand somewhere, but not all coaches see that. It is what it is.

Even the losing coach was like y'all making a big deal of it. We lost, move on.

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Damn...Disney be savages

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

They ripped off Conan.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

wouldn't be their first time stealing something

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

American POW too?

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Surprised Venom didn't show up and follow them until they left the field.

ChemGuy, rd400racer and Dan Dubeau like this.
  16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

This just seemed weird to me. The QB is declared for UCLA and the winning team is going to the playoffs. I don't get the coach's thinking. Somewhere along 45-0 or so...

dtalbott and BigBird like this.
  17. Venom51

I don't think you understand. There should be no POW's. I'm not sure I can be more clear on the complete and utter destruction part.

18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

lol

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I took a shortcut. I meant Americans who otherwise would have become POW.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's good with them dying.