1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High school football clobbering

Discussion in 'General' started by StanTheMan, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Hey I played against morningside once or twice lol.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

3. I know it was from a conversation about that “Rampage” movie.

The wife calls me Gorilla George because she said that is me going through the house, always breaking shit and knocking shit over.

I can’t remember which one decided that should be my name.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well at least you stopped flinging shit on everything. :D

969 and Gorilla George like this.
  5. For the most part. :D

dtalbott likes this.
  6. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I was gonna look for the "Hulk Smash" meme as your post is the verbal embodiment of it but I didn't wanna waste the 60 seconds searching for it.

So you didn't read the article that said the poor high school team that lost had no starting QB, no back up QB, no THIRD string QB so had to start their Wide Receiver as QB, oh, and they had no off-season prep, no pre-season training, and no time for 7-on-7 drills to ready themselves for the regular season?

I'm not sure if that would change your perspective on it but in essence this was like mid-season Marquez (I wouldn't dare reference a racer from longer than 5-7 years ago as I want you to follow the analogy) on his RCV racing against a mid-pack MotoAmerica racer that's forced to use knobbies.

And a 106-0 football score isn't the same as beating someone by 30 seconds, it's more like lapping them 3 times in a 12 lap race and patting them on the ass each time by. Kudo's to you for demoralizing those racers who might be under-funded, lacking in skill, or experience, and rubbing their nose in it - you're a role model of sportsmanship and class.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

[QUOTE="younglion, post: 5920767, member: 32572
    So you didn't read the article that said the poor high school team that lost had no starting QB, no back up QB, no THIRD string QB so had to start their Wide Receiver as QB, oh, and they had no off-season prep, no pre-season training, and no time for 7-on-7 drills to ready themselves for the regular season?[/QUOTE]

Why not? No like that's the jerk team's or Broome's fault or problem. I feel for the team and all that but for all their problems they've met two teams with more problems because they have 2 wins.

8. younglion

Why not? No like that's the jerk team's or Broome's fault or problem. I feel for the team and all that but for all their problems they've met two teams with more problems because they have 2 wins.[/QUOTE]

I guess I would liken that to when we all talk about winning championships or titles when the clear favorite is out due to an injury or something - last year when Mir won with Marc out for example - people fall into one of two options:

1. Mir's job is to beat those who line up - not his fault Marc busted himself up.

or...

2. Title has an asterisk next to it as he didn't "win" the title with the best racer unable to grid up, it was more "gifted" to him.

I'm not saying the winning team in the football game should have let the losing team win or that they didn't deserve to win the game. My personal thoughts are like others who've posted here regarding sportsmanship, especially when we are talking about kids who take all of these lessons with them for life. If the coach wants "killers who eat raw meat and spit glass" (my son's high school coach's words during an after practice team meeting) and thinks it's best to run up the score against an undermanned team that through no fault of their own had no time to practice or prepare - that's his choice but if it were me, I'd have chosen to let things play out differently.
    The players on the winning team are in no way at fault, they were doing what their coach told them to do - play hard until the game ends.

Agreed it isn't Broome's fault, I just held up a mirror and if he doesn't like what's looking back at him, that's on him, not me.

9. Wrong again. No, you did not.

You made assumptions about my character that are completely false, and used those assumptions to make unprovoked personal attacks against me.

10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I think you two should have a no holds barred paper football game to see who’s right.

DmanSlam and 969 like this.
  11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Nope, treadmills at 10 paces

auminer likes this.
  12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

um you've heard this story on here before... right?? Clarence ring a bell?? hahaha Builds mulitple JParts 140cc CRFs to win a mini championship with WERA... like 2 or 3 years in a row... Dudes old enough to be the intended competitors Grandpaw...

FastByKids and rd400racer like this.
  13. I never claimed to be right, I simply stated my opinion. There is no right or wrong on this subject; there are just opinions.

If his opinion differs from mine, so be it. And if feels the need to debate his opinion, so be it too.

But to take his difference of opinion and turn it into personal attacks towards me, yeah he can go fuck himself.

14. younglion

They aren't assumptions when there is nothing to assume, I replied based on your words/comments - nothing ambiguous about it.

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

So you’re saying you’re scared to play paper football? :Poke:

Btw, just did some Googling and the coach of the winning team seems like a real POS (and was fired from his last high school coaching job for using ineligible players).

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

See..now you got me. Cheaters can not be tolerated. If he used ineligible players he should never hold a coaching position again. Running the score up..eh don't care.

BigBird likes this.
  17. younglion

Agreed.

Also agreed.

My "personal attack" was mostly due to you starting your initial post in this thread with "Fuck em" when talking about a team of high school kids so yeah, I admit that never sits well with me when grown men tell a bunch of impressionable kids to fuck off. Secondly you justified the thrashing by saying the coach was okay to settle a score about the game ie: if he got fired or his wife was cheating with the other coach - once again you feel it's okay to use kids to settle personal scores or agenda's?

So yeah, as you say, opinions are just that and I will always have issues with people who approve of using kids as pawns or even worse, kick them when they're down.

18. Again, wrong.

Because I don’t agree with mercy in competition, you assumed I would never help a fellow racer, and that I would intentionally do some shit to force another racer to crash.

Nothing in my comments had anything to do with that. You just spouted unsubstantiated bullshit.

19. younglion

I think that because they are two opposing ideologies Chris.

If you help a fellow racer that is by default showing mercy for their situation is it not?

20. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Might be good reasons not to kill the POWs.