1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High school football clobbering

Discussion in 'General' started by StanTheMan, Nov 3, 2021.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Team getting smoked should have just started going for knees.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I got that. I was just clarifying what I said.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I can't see the enemy needing to keep us around as prisoners either. It's war and should be treated as such. I can't see why you would engage in war with anything else other than complete destruction of the enemy being the goal.

cav115 likes this.
  4. Fuck ‘em.

If they didn’t want to lose by 106pts, they should have practiced and played better.

Not to mention that in a situation like that, there is likely more to the story.

Maybe the coach used to be for the other school and was wrongly fired.
    Maybe he caught the other coach banging his wife.
    Maybe the other team is full of a bunch of assholes.

Who knows.

But regardless of the reason, or even if there wasn’t one, if you don’t want to get your ass handed to you, then do better.

I have never believe in mercy, in anything.

If someone chooses to fight and you can knock his teeth out, do it.
    If you are fast enough to lap the field up to 10th, make it happen.
    If you can run for 300 yards and 5 touchdowns, get after it.

cav115 and KWyman133 like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Unless the goal is access to resources, or land, or the ocean, etc. Wars have been fought over that stuff.

Scotty87, BigBird and Yzasserina like this.
  6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If no one is left on the land than the resources are yours. Keeping some folks around out of kindness doesn't seem necessary.

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Don't run the score up on me bruh.

mc2.jpeg

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

The goal of war is to claim and vanquish. Killing is a means to an end.

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Exactly

I'm proud to have kids that I coached over 10 years ago come up to me today and say, "thanks, you were a good coach."

Here is the story...

"Collins, who was hired a week before the season started, according to the Daily Breeze, told the outlet that Morningside didn’t get an offseason program, spring practice or 7-on-7s. They are also filled with injuries, including to their three quarterbacks, which led to a wide receiver serving as the passer on Friday.

A running clock started late in the second quarter. Inglewood led 59-0 after the first quarter and 86-0, meaning they scored 20 points in the second half."

So it's the equivalent of you taking a 1000cc race bike and kicking the shit out of a guy on an 80cc mini-bike.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

sounds like the winning coach did take it easy after halftime. so we all can be friends again :D

Gorilla George and rd400racer like this.
  11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

At a track day for mini's....

12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

By that line of reasoning you are saying that the winning coach is an immature adult who has a vendetta against someone and/or a group of 14-17 year old teenagers are entirely looked at as "a bunch of assholes" but in either case that's more than enough reason to lose all class, sportsmanship, and consideration for others? Wow...

Also, clearly with that attitude if you transferred it to our chosen sport of road racing you are by default also okay with things like denying a competitor access to your spare parts bin if they needed something to get them back out on the grid or brake-checking a fellow racer causing them to crash because you don't believe in mercy/fuck them/they should have practiced harder...

At least this all shows how you got the nickname Gorilla but even gorilla's are known to show empathy and compassion which makes me feel bad for the Gorilla when being compared to people who lack a basic sense of humanity.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, in all fairness, I don't think he picked the name. It was one of Dave K's ideas. :D

BigBird likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not mine, think it was Sean's. I think they were yapping on about that monkey movie developed from an arcade game.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I know it's the movie monkey. I thought it was you who was having that discussion with him and made the change.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All I know is I have no idea. Don't remember it at all.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope, I didn't see that giant monkey movie and I'd have gone in a very different direction with the name change. lol!

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

How did he avoid being dubbed The Waterboy after that gas station incident?

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. First off, fuck you for turning this into a personal attack, when you obviously don’t know a godamn thing about me. You can kiss my fucking ass you presumptuous cockbag.

Secondly, you are wrong.

I have helped numerous racers get on the track. I’ve loaned (or given away) everything from helmets, to gloves, chains, sprockets, levers, rearsets etc. Hell I’ve given away takeoffs with less than 15 laps on them, and even paid entry fees for competitors before.

There is no glory in beating a guy who couldn’t grid up.

But you can bet your ass once I help them grid up, if I can beat them by 30 seconds, I’ll try my damnedest to do so.

And you are assuming not believing in mercy in competition means I would intentionally CRASH someone?

Once again, fuck you.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  20. I don’t agree with that.

I was under the impression that high school sports were setup to be (relatively) fair. You don’t have a 4-A school playing against 1-A schools.

I didn’t read the story, but it for some reason the teams/game wasn’t fair, and it wasn’t a “level playing field”, then no I don’t agree with the ass beating.

cav115 and rd400racer like this.