1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford Bronco

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I must so math differently than most. Making $65k a year the thought of buying a $30k vehicle wouldn't even cross my mind.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, all the younger generation I know now do things completely different than I did. Both my son and daughter have lived with their SO's for 3-5 years with no intention of getting married or having babies. Their student loans aren't horrible and they really don't have many bills other than for funtime shit. Yes, they are living the life.

cpettit likes this.
  3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Lots of people have seen the light. I watched my parents bust their asses to provide for 4 kids and not have money to buy themselves anything and while I owe everything to them...... I would never set myself up like that. My goal since day 1 of being on my own was to keep my overhead low, my income high and not pick up any baggage. It worked for the most part but a woman did weasel her way in about 10 years back. Luckily she passed all the background checks and works 2 jobs. Laugh at the younger generations but in some ways they are smarter than previous ones.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

And to add to that (and this might just be me) but I spoil the shit out of my grown kids because I don't want them to have it as rough as I did (even though my definition of rough would make most of you laugh). My daughter lives in my rental house...she doesn't pay rent but her boyfriend pays half and all utilities. I just bought my son an Adv motorcycle. Yes, they're spoiled shitless but damn good kids, so that's OK by me.

code3ryder and cpettit like this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You don't have to have money... you just have to make the monthly payment on a 5 (or longer) year note.

6. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that’s how it works these days. Soon enough everything will be ‘subscription’ based and we won’t own anything. We’ll pay for the use or service. Just a further separation of the very wealthy and those living check to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I know people who won't consider anything but a lease on a car. "I get a new car every two years, they handle the maintenance and I don't give a rats ass about it other then keeping the miles under 15K a year."

Makes sense to them but that's their gig. No idea on their finances since I don't care.

8. auminer

Each and every able bodied and able minded American over the age of 30 is in PRECISELY the position that their choices have placed them.

9. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

:stupid:

10. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Did you see the new BMW move? Heated seats/cruise control/automatic high beams get turned off 3 months into ownership and then you pay a subscription.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/bmw-vehicle-as-a-platform/

11. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Ford is going to sell a lot of Broncos. I think there are maybe a few too many models....but they'll figure out what they need to keep around.

Bronco will def hurt Jeep.

12. nlzmo400r

To an extent, but not in all situations. You HAVE to have a cell phone these days. If every telecom company gets together and says phone plans are $500/mo - you don’t have a choice other than to pay or not be able to communicate. That $500 is nothing to some people and everything to others.

People without excess income are definitely in a much more peculiar position.

13. nlzmo400r

Crazy, but not totally surprised. On Star and XM radio have been included but then subscription based for years. So is WiFi in cars now. Once you open Pandora’s box....

14. auminer

Then they should have made choices that included those higher incomes.

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'm looking at pricing now. The Big Bend it 33.5, Black Diamond 36, Outer Banks 39, Badlands 42, Wildtrack ?, First Edition 59 (reservations are full. Limited to 35k units or is it 3.5k.

I'm thinking the Black Diamond and Outer Banks will be the ones in demand. Nobody likes a "basic" model. The Badlands and Wildtrack are probably two aggressive for most.

16. nlzmo400r

‘They’ could be ‘you’ depending on how high you raise that number sir.

Scotty87 likes this.
  17. auminer

No question I zigged when I should have zagged a time or two (thousand) :D

18. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

People end up living paycheck to paycheck because they give all their money away on payments. Many of them won’t save a dime for retirement or have anything paid off by then and will then cry that the system is broken. Voluntary slavery...

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I do home loans. The vast majority of the younger generation do absolutely this in my experience. Just had a customer who was actually in escrow for a house that I have to withdraw the loan because they decided to lease a Mercedes C class and were okay with that because "I always wanted a Mercedes" and are now pissed the seller won't give them their earnest money back. The rest don't even make it through the pre-qual process. If I was to throw a number out of my ass, I would say 85 percent of them don't even contribute to their company 401k's, it might even be a higher figure actually. I seldom see it on their paystubs.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    ducnut likes this.
  20. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Back to the Bronco, living in the PNW, they are going to print money with this one IMHO.

ducnut and GarrettRick like this.