1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford Bronco

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well let's not go as far as to say "savings". You still bought two cars. You may not have spent anymore than neccessary but you still spent. It's a wierd thing we do to justify purchases. No one has ever "saved" money buying shit.

Your brother has bought cars he just put his spendings into parts and repair. If he did the repairs himself then he truly has been winning that war for a long time.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I like the new Bronco, more than the Jeep but neither enough to actually shell out the cash. It's just a car after all.

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'm amazed at his tolerance for imperfect cars. He drove an old 4wd subaru turbo wagon in college he got for free (he payed it forward to another kid upon graduation), lived without a car for a few years after college in teh Bahamas, then got a 88 camary from a friend who's kid wrinkled a front fender up on it (fixed at home for the cost of a junkyard fender), then got a hand me down 99 suburban from my dad that ran to 400+k miles), married a girl with 2 nice cars and then scored a 2013 sprinter with the 3.0 mec diesel. I swear he just gets lucky cause he isn't looking.

4. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

People never make good decisions when their back is against the wall. Sounds like your brother has done it well.

I think Ford knocked it out of the park with this Bronco lineup. They'll sell a bunch of them. They already have the widget factory up and running. Probably make more off of the lifestyle accessories than the cars themselves.

https://www.amazon.com/fordbronco

Dragginass likes this.
  5. Venom51

I agree with the concensus. They'll sell a shit ton of them.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Thet will sell a bunch but it's hard to top these...
    [​IMG]

Pixelator, 969, CRA_Fizzer and 2 others like this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Unless you like AC.

Phl218 and Dragginass like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ooooohhhhhhhhh - next jeep I get I'm plumbing AC through the seats. Nothing is as good as cold air blowing up your ass in the summer :D

9. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

I'd bet some aftermarket place already has a V8 swap kit in the works for it. Lots of poser overlander/off-roaders around here too. Was taking my 2020 4Runner up a trail at nearby off-road park and had more that a couple of good ole boys in SxS stop and ask if I was crazy. Told 'em I was just breakin' her in :) No desire for any fancy setup, just need some frame mounted rock sliders and good skid plates so as to not beat things up too bad. Will be nice to see how reliable and capable the new Bronco ends up being. Might be a legit option to trade for in a few years.

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

New Bronco looks nice. Can't wait to see them on the road. Will never own one though, as it just doesn't fit my needs. Maybe in 15 years I might be in a different position to pick one up as a used toy, but for a new one now, no way. I'm way too practical and cheap (and boring) in my vehicle choices.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

i might get the wife one and retire the Cayenne at 200k miles (for her) and turn into an off-roader. leave the bronco a mall crawler.

Pixelator and shakazulu12 like this.
  12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Off road in style!

[​IMG]

Phl218 and 418 like this.
  13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I'm one of the cheapest bastards on this site, but I put my reservation in last night for a 4 door Wildtrak. If I couldn't buy one at a deal, I probably would have waited. We got a good bit of a head start on most other dealers, and I had all of our stuff ready to launch live at 8pm last night along with the live launch. Our store was able to get 8 First Editions(3500 max nationwide) and we have over 60 other trim reservations today, so I feel good about that.

Ford did a lot of focus groups for over a year with various Jeep owners and other off-road enthusiasts to really find out what owners liked and didn't like. The fact that you still can't keep your stupid side mirrors on a Jeep when you take the doors off is pretty silly, so that was a main thing for Bronco. The modular hard tops are also going to be much easier to pop on and off, unlike the Jeep. I also don't care they didn't offer a V8, as the Wildtrak and First Edition models both have the 2.7 V6 twin turbo which is going to be a beast in a vehicle this size. I think it'll have a ton of power. The technology and interior are also going to make the Jeep look like junk(and we're a big Jeep dealer too).

I don't normally get geeked up about car shiz, but I am about this one.

t11ravis, wsmc42, Monsterdood and 3 others like this.
  14. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Oh, and if anyone wants to put in a reservation, do it through my store. :)

15. Venom51

I would say odd choice of turbos vs a supercharger for an off roader but I guess the turbo tech spools so quickly these days it isn't an issue.

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

late to the party but yeah... my brother spends over 1/2 of his take home on a BMW note plus insurance... but he saves money living at home...lol.

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

What's the best way to do that?

And which models will offer the removable door skin as an option? -- edit, looks like a half door option.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  18. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

When you reserve it online you can choose your dealer -

19. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I LOL'd

Attached Files:

20. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Emissions.... turbos recover energy and can be more emission friendly, and yeah, the whole boost / spool up issue is well engineered these days.

And the Bronco looks sweet. A bunch of things I like about the Jeeps and then more. I have some other financial commitments at the moment or else I would consider putting my name in which makes me think they'll sell a ton of them. Good job Ford.