1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford Bronco

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Jul 13, 2020.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Word is there’s a Raptor version already in the works

Phl218 and Funkm05 like this.
  2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

www.akinsford.com

The homepage will take you straight to the reservation form and put me as the dealer. I'm not really sure about that door option and when it will be available. Looks badass though.

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Now we’re talking!!

4. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

That seemed counter-intuitive to me as well. As someone who has done a fair bit of rock crawling, there is nothing like some good ol' low rpm torque. I will concede that the Ford engineers maybe know a thing or two though...

Good to see that 15" wheels are still an option. You want those tall sidewalls when aired-down for serious off-roading.

Pixelator, 969 and ducnut like this.
  5. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Ford isn’t going to validate a complete new engine program for a small volume vehicle. Packaging meant the 2.3L or 2.7 were the obvious choices. I’m shocked and happy to see we didn’t get stuck With only 4cylinders.

Not that I’m in the market for something like this at all, but it’s always cool to see the enthusiasts ‘win one’ when a vehicle like this is released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ducnut likes this.
  6. 418

418 Expert #59

Isn't this thing a tarted up version of the Land Rover? Or nah? Looks good.

I can't believe that same company released something like the Mustang Mach-E....

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Only because there was nothing else

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah along those lines

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Not to be confused with @Metalhead ’s BRONCHO

BigBird and TurboBlew like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

it's not a minivan or hatchback. and a Ford on top of that....

so that 's a no. A HUUUGGGEEE No

11. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

The website is tough to navigate through. Is there an equivalent to the Wrangler dual top group on the Bronco where you can get a soft top and hardtop?

12. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

True...with an edit.

Jeep...just empty every pocket.

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

3 things we wont be doing together...
    -hitting a drive in movie theater in my 2021 topless/roofless Bronco
    -attending any Broncos & Coffee meets
    -letting you admire Tim Tebows signature on my 2021 Bronco

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

No juicebox cupholder means you're out eh? :D

15. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Looks good? ☑️
    Convertible? ☑️
    Stock 35s? ☑️
    Capable off roader? ☑️

Yes, please! It’s just too bad I’m not in the market for a new ride. Also, I do hope they plunk down a V8.

16. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Just change the fourth one to mall crawler. Like Jeeps, that’s what most will used for.

17. Not around where I live, I’d say 30% go off-road (not just dirt roads) which is probably a high percent compared to most areas.

18. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I like it I think it's pretty cool.
    Being made in America is pretty convoluted anymore but at least Ford is American unlike Fiat/Chrysler.
    I bought my first Jeep in 1993 for $9,900 out the door..... Now if you want to buy us tricked out Jeep it's over 50K.
    They still ride like Jeeps...pretty rough. Not quiet... Just a rather Spartan vehicle.
    I could not own a Jeep now because it is turned into the biggest dick swinging contest there is on the road.... I live in the California area and everybody has a Jeep or a gladiator with lockers beadlocks King shocks Fox shocks $4,000 in bumpers and tire carriers..... Everybody's into the adventure /overland/ rock crawler scene... I don't know it just ain't for me I like to be a little different everybody and their brother has a Jeep and there's always one that's way way better than the next... It's like taking a dirt or sand toy to glamis it's not even about fun anymore... it's just about the bling bling....
    that's what's great about the motorcycle racing people buy something really nice and f****** send it down the road slap some bubblegum and tape on it and they're happy!

Pixelator likes this.
  19. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Doug Demuro has already done an initial review on Youtube, and it's worth the watch. The new Bronco has a lot more cool things than is being discussed.

I won't post the link :D, but it's on his "more Doug Demuro" channel.

20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I don't want forced induction in an offroad vehicle.

I guess it's time to build a custom tube '78 big bronc.

969 and ducnut like this.