1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory teams shutting down

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 12, 2020.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Only had 1 friend who operated that way. Most of the people I'm referring to have just been coworkers. The one friend I had that operated like that honestly needed it though. She was a stay at home mom so the family was fully dependent on him. He managed to overdraft their checking account by like $300 on the fucking vending machines at work. I'm not even sure how that's possible but he did it. Absolutely no self control with finances. One of those people who spent money he didn't even have. I can't imagine living that way. I become rather stressed if my checking account dips below a month's income and generally pay off credit card transactions the day they are fully processed. I realize that is extreme for some and have been in the situation of living paycheck to paycheck before but luckily have never been in the red. Living in the red would probably give me a heart attack or stroke before I turned 40.

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Same with my wife and I, what really throws our friends for a loop is that we don't do EVERYTHING together. There are weekends that I go racing, she might stay home, she might visit friends, or whatever. They don't get that we don't have to be joined at the hip 24/7/365. Yes, we do things together too, but our primary hobbies are different and that just seems to confuse our circle.

TurboBlew, Gino230 and grasshopper like this.
  3. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

My Girl told me I couldn’t buy a new 790 a few months ago. She stayed madder than hell for about a month when I picked it up the same day. I didn’t even mention it to her when I bought the 300 new... She didn’t stay mad as long then!:D:D

4. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Mostly sales. Selling damn near everything they can get their hands on!

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Proper strategy!

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Me: "I'm driving to Des Moines on Thursday. I'll be gone for 3 days"
    Her: no reaction
    Me: "Aren't you gonna ask why I'm driving 15 hours to Des Moines?"
    Her: "For a bike I assume"

badmoon692008, ducnut and 5axis like this.
  7. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Sold my moped to a mate at the community garage. He wanted something he DGAF about to thrash around campus and around town. Already bought a KLR, so the mrs wasn't keened on buying another bike. So he 'rephrased' the purchase from "I bought a moped cause I was tired of pedaling around campus" to "I got a moped for you to learn on and not worry about dropping it". She was like a kid at Christmas.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

As long there is trust and responsibility what is problem?
    My wife has no clue how much money we have. It is 1 account for both. Her paycheck is direct deposit and she asks me sometime how much she makes :).
    I do everything, she does not want to have anything to do with it. Been that way for 40 years.

tl1098 likes this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

woof...thats not a man or even a boy with allowance behavior... just sad.

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

This behavior in men is something that starts small and grows over time. I know probably 8-10 guys that bought their first bike in their 40's and 50's after she was gone. Think of all the trade ups that were missed!

I had bought 3 used track bikes in about 3 months (long story). My wife told me that if I bought one more bike then we were done. I told her that this was very good because she was able to put a specific dollar value on our relationship. Most people can't do that. So, are we talking a $1500 ninger 250, or N8's $18,000 beemer? Ironically, your ultimatum ensures that I now have to buy one more bike, even if I don't want one.

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Did this and the divorce thread get intermixed?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I don't think so. Just some fellows trying to find answers.

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I wonder what, if any, outside of industry participation will occur in the future. That is what is sorely needed.

14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Man, my life is easy. All of our money goes into a single account and my wife uses it to pay our bills, cause I don't want to. Basically, she is cheap and doesn't buy much she doesn't need but does buy what she wants. I am probably a little cheaper than her and don't buy much. If I want something I buy it unless it is a little more expensive and ask her if we have the money. She either says yes or no. If it is no it is because she has allocated those funds elsewhere and lets me know when I can buy what I want or what other account I should use. It has worked well for us for years.

15. sdg

sdg *

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Do you assume the prostrate position when asking for money?

:D

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't ask for money, I ask for information about which account I should spend it from. I also keep some cash around from my bike deals and stuff and that I just spend on whatever I feel like. I just bought another rifle with some of that.

18. UFC went above and beyond to keep things going. It’s a bit easier than a lot of sports due to limited participants but when you look at the overall cards, staff for fighters, etc it was still a huge task.

19. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Agreed. Hate to say it, but I LOVE the F1 highlights on youtube. It's the first time I've watched F1 consistently in 6 or so years. It's WAAAY more entertaining than a 70 lap snoozefest.

I catch up on NFL games I don't watch in the same way - NFL has great highlight clips of 10min or so that allow me to catch up on AFC games.

20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

My local dealer says it’s been both. During summer, I walked in and there were ~5 bikes and ~5 SXS’s, on the Japanese side. No kids stuff. They have nearly every Indian they got late-2019, when they foolishly took on that franchise. Last week, they had ~15 Kawasaki and Yamaha street bikes, ~5 dirt bikes, and ~5 SXS’s. I’m glad they’re able to move stuff. I only fear the current trend will crash, once people return to their previous ways.