1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory teams shutting down

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, that's not a bad place to put it. We don't have any set amount but that'd be about where I will talk to her. Granted talking doesn't always mean I'll listen, I was going to get her a new ipad for our anniversary and she doesn't want to spend the money on it, probably going to anyway since hers is losing battery life and she uses it every day for hours. :D SO yeah, do as I say not as I sometimes do :crackup:

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So you buy a $499 frame, a $499 motor, a set of $499 wheels and sooner or later you have a bike. :D

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

My wife handles all of our personal finances. I almost never deal with any of it. I once went to the bank to do something and the manager said, "does your wife know you're here?".

G2G and tl1098 like this.
  4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

See? Beck pulls that with me - I say "hey I want this bike/gun/whatever" and we kick it around and as often as not, I get said item.

I ask Beck what she wants and its always "oh I don't need anything" and so I just do it sometimes as if I didn't - she'd never get anything she wants.

NOTE - Given, the last time she specifically asked for something it was to have a kid. Talk about a money pit. :D

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Pretty sure that makes up for all the rest :crackup:My wife treats herself to stuff on occasion but also rarely asks me for anything or says she doesn't need anything. Except now she's trying to talk me into a second kid. And I'm just like "I'm barely surviving the first!" :crackup:We have the money for it but it would significantly cut into fun stuff, both with/for our son and well as ourselves. But it's really the time and stress that is the hardest to deal with. Love my kid to death but holy shit he's a handful somedays. And we haven't even made it to the terrible 2s yet.

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If you ever want another kid, do it now. It's much easier to deal with all the toddler stuff at once than to get past it and then dive back in.

Dan Dubeau and jrsamples like this.
  7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

NO! Go get your fucking nuts snipped and don't tell a soul!

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  8. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Little tidbit - they call it the "Terrible Two's" because it sounds cute. Three is way worse. And then they hit 7/8 and it's too late to sell them to the gypsies.

lee955i and bullockcm like this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

This morning:

My wife, looking at the Aprilia RS250 in my pickup truck: "Wait a second, that looks NOTHING like a rental bike."

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Already been strongly considering it.
    So I've been told by others

11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

And, then they get 16, and the real expense starts.

cav115 likes this.
  12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

One thing that you may not have considered that may outlive you in a positive way is that the 2nd may provide a lifetime mentor. My last two are almost joined at the hip, but they are very different in personality. But the interesting thing is that they each keep the other in line, kind of like a parent, except they actually listen to what the fuck the other has to say. They've both been into a lot of shitty situations, but I can't imagine what it would have been like without their mentoring each other.

FWIW, with girls, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 are the BEST, especially the 2-4. I still laugh at some of the things they said and did. 12 up with girls CAN be your worst fucking nightmare, but if you are smart (unlike me) you can avoid that.

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Just tell her you're branching out into new markets..:D

motion likes this.
  14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You can never find a damn gypsy when you need one.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    cav115 likes this.
  16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You could always just self abuse in the shower. I hear that works.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You mean like in the post just above yours? :D

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

The Beeb in a nutshell :D

[​IMG]

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I didn't notice the link. :D