1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crimes Against the State

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Aug 29, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So going a little deeper, what I mean by technically illegal is that common practice says when a government oversteps their bounds and the people do not accept whatever law is written, the law isn't usually repealed, they just stop enforcing it. There are tens of thousand of non-enforced and non-enforceable laws on the books. Remember the old blue laws? How about the stuff that says anal sex is illegal? Imagine if they come after us all for our 2XIDB posts:blart::eek::blart:

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Except that national borders don't fall into the overstepping of bounds.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You asked it the law was valid/justified, the alternative is no law on the issue. That illustrates the point. You seem to want it both ways. Free reign for people to do whatever yet pretend you don't want open borders.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why is it all or nothing with you? Where do you get "seem to want" when I have explained EXACTLY what I want a dozen times? There is no "seem".

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

First, are condoning open borders as
    you don't want to stop anyone who wants
    to come here. That's open borders.
    You also want anyone who came here illegally
    (or stayed here illegally) to be rewarded for
    their crime with American citizenship.

Second, I bet you can't even describe the system
    and process by which you would accomplish
    " not letting real criminals and miscreants into the country".

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you illiterate? Since you're too lazy to find and read the original posts where I've described the idea:

1. Build the wall and secure the border.
    2. Simplify the path to immigration - register and consent to tracking/updates, then if they work and pay taxes (there will be no welfare benefits available to them) for x amount of time, and stay out of trouble, they can eventually get permanent status and an opportunity to become a citizen.
    3. Give people already here the opportunity to voluntarily register and "come out of the shadows"
    4. After a grace period, dive headlong into rounding up everyone not complying with #3 and either prosecute or send them home.
    5. In a short time the black market will dry up, standard market forces will adjust, and everyone will be better for it. All your fears of un-vaccinated, uninsured, welfare leech, criminal brown people roaming the countryside raping and murdering can be set aside.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’m still waiting for his unicorn farts and fairy dust explanation on how these 15 million law abiding (other than being here legally, working legally, etc etc) are going to be tracked...

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The moronic argument pretty much boils down to “without laws there would be no crime”.

It is beyond juvenile, naive, and is born of stupidity.

brex likes this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

For the most part, the same way the existing 350 some odd million of the rest of us are. As long as we don't fuck up, we're fine. We'll get prints, possibly DNA, and maybe something like facial recognition, give them an ID number, and send them out into the world. There'd be some minimal upkeep with tracking work status and following up on crimes committed, but ICE should be able to handle that with current staff.

It will take work, but NOTHING even remotely close to the time and money as trying to round them all up and ship them off somewhere.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you referring to me? No. My position is that there are moral laws and man-made laws. We've become a nation of lazy people who've let ourselves slowly become slaves to a government that is supposed to serve us, not control us.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

When I hear "enforcement of borders", I think of not letting another government claim that land as their own.

12. In Your Corner

So you don't think we can just round them up and
    deport them but you think we can do all that other shit
    PLUS round them up and deport them?

Plus nowhere in there did I see any method for weeding out
    the criminals and not letting them in at all.
    That process is what I want you to describe.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Most would be voluntary - the "rounding up" could be as little as a few percent, and it wouldn't be hard because the overall workload would be much, much lower. Right now they're using a bucket to empty a swimming pool. Take out all the good people who'd voluntarily register and you're using a bucket to empty a bathtub.

As for weeding out criminals - the ones that have committed crimes here are already in NICS so cut the red-tape that holds up the cross-referencing between government databases. The ones coming in would still be interviewed, checked for previous violations here and probably Interpol or hopefully some check from there home country. The bigger ticket would be that because they're now registered, they cannot operate in the shadows any longer. Most of the bad guys you've been posting news links about were only caught when they committed a crime against a US citizen - multiple prior crimes committed against other illegals went unreported. With the number of undocumented illegals drastically reduced, that would no longer be an issue.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

And, even though we already did this in the proper thread, I'll flip it back to you. You want to know how I'd "track" 15 million people and deport a few hundred thousand? I want to know how you'll even find the 15 million, then how will you round them up, store them, process them, ship them, where will you ship them to, what will you do to keep them out, how will you pay for it, and what will you do with everything you've had to build to manage this process once it's done?

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Guess leprechaun jizz should have been added to the list of ingredients in your electric Kool-aid acid trip

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You think wrong.

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do I? Why don't we have a fence with Canada?

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

20. In Your Corner

I would use the process and forces already in place to
    accomplish the job they're there for.