1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crimes Against the State

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Aug 29, 2019.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I have Mexican relatives so, swing and a miss.
    They're legal, btw.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I havbe come to the conclusion that OP is either a raving idtio or a troll... perhaps both.

Neither are worth my time.

[​IMG]

G 97 likes this.
  3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Have they needed to start wearing a shirt like this to avoid harassment yet? Maybe a good birthday present? :D
    [​IMG]

4. In Your Corner

What if their bad decisions in life put them in a position
    where they decide prostitution is their only avenue to
    supporting themselves?
    If others shouldn't suffer for their bad decisions then why
    should prostitutes suffer for theirs?
    I doubt that most of the hookers on the streets are there
    as a career move.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Since you can't seem to keep threads straight (we now have essentially the same discussion going on in three places) - what if this mass deportation comes to fruition and your relatives get caught without the proper documents and get catapulted back over the border?

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm not ANTI-personal responsibility, but I firmly believe that you can't pin every single thing on it like some in this forum do. Maybe it's 90/10, maybe it's 60/40 or 50/50, or 10/90 or anywhere in between, but there is always going to be a certain amount of influence from outside sources. Sometimes people "don't have a choice" or have been unfairly influenced by outside forces wishing to benefit.

The reason I started this thread was to point that out. I've got guys who are railing me for calling illegal immigrants victims in another thread railing me for saying prostitutes aren't victims in this thread. It's nuts!!!!

7. In Your Corner

Enrique and car.jpg
    The chances of that happening are miniscule.
    Enrique will outrun the BP.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  8. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

The left wants laws. Laws to silence conservatives. Laws against law abiding citizens owning guns.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Illegal immigrant AND car thief?

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Test Drive

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Nice grouping :crackup:

I will address the elephant in the room. Without immigration laws anyone can come and go as they please. There is two major issues with that.
    First what is We The People if there is no definition of The People, thus the Constitution has no basis as a contract (social) and thus the social construct has no basis. A fairly major damage to the current citizens.
    Second there are many known impacts to current citizens if just anyone can come in and get the benefits of citizenry. Things like the benefits we pay (school, medical, etc.) impact all lawful citizens. Legal immigration in theory allows the citizens to choose the impact or lack off through their representatives and laws. Further immigration both legal and illegal impact the worker pool and this salary potential of citizens. On easy example of this is the attractiveness of working as a carpenter now vs 30 years ago. Then you could make a decent living now you are competing against illegal aliens in large numbers.

I will leave the rest as an exercise to you :beer:

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And yet liberals want more. Most constitutionalists want less. Ever consider closing the Department of Education? Of course unlike Obama I do not believe we can choose which are valid and create desired ones out of a desire.....kind of like a monarchy.

Personally I can think of a few Constitutional amendments, one perfect one would be that every law expires and must be renewed by a super majority. Something similar for every regulation.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It would be much easier to not have crimes against the state if borders and sovereignty didn't exist.
    You know, the way our creator wanted it. AmIright?

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

First - I never said anything about open borders or zero immigration laws. There should be some control, but it should be based on not letting real criminals and miscreants into the country. As for the economic impact, the free market should be able to take care of that. The problem isn't the immigrants, it's the government getting in and meddling, creating a two layer workforce - legals that have to pay ss, taxes, etc and illegals that don't.

Second, with the exception of war criminals who are subject to military tribunal, anyone who's facing our legal system is awarded the same rights as a citizen, from a legal standpoint. I'm NOT a fan of non-citizens getting federal benefits, or at least undocumented persons. If somebody is willing to come here (based on market need), work, and pay INTO the system, then they might be able to draw benefits assuming some level has been reached. I'd even go so far as to say the current system would possibly work if it could be expanded to include lower class peoples and had some sort of amnesty (I know that's a bad word but it's the most accurate) for people who did come here legally but outside of the illegal crossing, have been behaving. You have to realize, there are MILLIONS of "technically illegal" immigrants that have been living and working here for years, some almost their whole lives, who are good, upstanding people - they just don't have the papers to be legit. They're sort of like your awesome neighbor who grows weed for himself in the basement - technically he's a felon - but in reality he's a model citizen who'd never hurt anyone.

Even though I've been labeled over and over again as some big government liberal douche, in reality the ONLY times I've advocated government involvement is when they've already completely fucked something up and need some sort of a drawdown to lessen the impact of them ultimately getting out of whatever field they've screwed up.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Most so-called conservatives want more too. One of my biggest rubs is that the Republicans have hijacked the word "conservative". It's supposed to mean somebody who is true to the constitution, but it's become synonymous with somebody who's a hardline christian and usually pro big business.

On your amendment idea, I believe Trump has tried to enforce a "1 in, 2 out" rule for federal regulations. I believe we're doing it at the state level here in Missouri too. For every new regulation (unfortunately not law) a department wants to pass, they need to find two old, unenforced regs to toss out.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There is no technically illegal. You are legal or you are illegal.

sheepofblue and crashman like this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

But there is. Being written on paper does not make a law moral or enforceable. It's why cops don't give you a ticket for going 56 in a 55.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You've never been to North Florida on US 301 have you?

tl1098 likes this.
  19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's why MOST cops won't give you a ticket for going 56 in a 55:blart:

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No, most won't. Same as not working, won't isn't the same as can't.