1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child Abuse, or She had it coming?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 16, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh please, stop being so dramatic.

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If I were him I'd be pissed at the wife and daughter for following me into a crowd of people attacking another.

Not remotely pissed, not remotely tunnel vision. I've done things like he has before and will do them in the future - luckily never had to punch out some tween moron, I much prefer picking people up and throwing them but that's because I've hurt my knuckles punching. I will not stand idly by while an individual or group attacks someone else. I cannot imagine doing so.

VFR#52, DmanSlam, MikeR and 3 others like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

VFR#52, badmoon692008 and StaccatoFan like this.
  4. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

This is blending over to the Gillette commercial post somewhat. When should you intervene when you see something wrong? Part of that commercial had kids chasing down a lone runner, with a adult intervening. I really hate bullies. I'm with you Mongo, I can't see it and walk away. My Bobby Boucher would come out....tackling fuel.

[​IMG]

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. Lavana

Lavana The coming

I don't know what happened but all I know is that you really have to take "precautions" to any mob of kids doesn't matter where you are. Sucky situation to be in... I once luckily got out of a situation in NYC subway where a bunch of "kids" bigger than me almost pushed my wife and baby down the stairs. I had to push a kid out of my wife's way with bags I was carrying so he wouldn't hit her down the steep stairs. All the "kids" instigated for my beat down but he was grown enough to see what I tried to do. That situation could have ended very very badly but I would not jeopardize my baby rolling down the stairs.

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So many questions here.
    Why is there a group of 12 year olds at the mall with no adult supervision?
    Why are the 12 year olds not being charged with assault?
    Why is a man who is clearly defending himself being charged with assault?
    What really led up to the confrontation? That doesn't seem to be clear from anything I have read at this time.

Maybe if it was one 12 year old vs. him I could see that maybe he over did things and should have been able to defend himself without throwing a punch. That was not the case as this was at least 5 or 6 on one, surrounding him and they assaulted him first. In that scenario a punch seems like a reasonable response. A quick half step to his right and pushing her aside and to the ground as she rushed probably would have worked well too and made her look a bit silly in the process.

VFR#52 and badmoon692008 like this.
  7. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Being a devil Adv. here- he could have just pushed her away again too?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She was escalating her attacks on him, it was time to put an end to it with overwhelming force.

VFR#52, MikeR, kangasj and 2 others like this.
  9. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

It's a skinny, little 11 year old girl fer christsakes. She might have had something coming, but it wasn't a closed fist punch to the face.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally disagree. Because the issue is it wasn't just her - and a mob of tweens can be truly dangerous.

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

1 on 1, not at all, but considering that it was more like 15 on one, and it kept escalating, little bitch got what she deserved. What kind of punk ass little kid even THINKS they can throw down with a full grown man? When I was that age I was taught to respect all adults, no matter their position.

VFR#52, bacolmm, MikeR and 3 others like this.
  12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

She didn't have much of a brain to begin with. Oh and he was surrounded by a pack (in the short video you can see one dart in and push him prior to her). It would be interesting to see the entire video and witness accounts but at this point I chalk it up to self defense on his part. I would be pushing for assault charges against anyone in the video that touched him first in his place.

Of course likely this was an example of a stupid contest and both parties lost.

VFR#52 likes this.
  13. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

She was drawing fists on her run up. She was not going to back down unless a much stronger counter force was used. You shove her and she will just keep coming. Look what the prior shove got. Escalation from her. No rationalizing anymore. He ended it, and actually probably ended it the best way it could have ended.

14. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

So if the someone on the beeb is on the jury, this guy is going home. The girls parents can sue mall owners or mall security to win the legal lottery.

Photo likes this.
  15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Until the next hyena jumped in as the pack got braver. Hard call of when but at some point it will escalate until all of them get brave, I think he judged it to be then.

Yzasserina likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Child abuse is that 10 YO tansvestite posing with a nude trans. This is making up for poor parenting. Remember, it takes a village.

DrA5, sheepofblue and weber#465 like this.
  17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Perhaps she should have thought about that before she decided to attack a full grown man. He was shoved so he shoved back. She charged, he used the nuclear option and knocked her the fuck out. All of a sudden the tough gangstas turned back in to little girls when it sunk in to their dumb little heads that actions have consequences. Male or female, 11 yrs old or 20 yrs old, that entire group of animals deserved a lesson in respect. It is unfortunate that only one of them got it...

bacolmm, DmanSlam, Photo and 4 others like this.
  18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yes, a mob or pack of anything can bring down much larger pray. If he'd gotten knocked over it could have gotten real bad for him real fast.

19. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Yeah, those other 13 year old little girls might have given him a hangnail.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

The only thing better that could have happened would have been an uppercut.

kangasj likes this.