1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child Abuse, or She had it coming?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

You are arguing the wrong point CY. I didn't say he should have waded in. He MAYBE shouldn't have.

I am talking particularly about the punch, which I find justified.

2. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

We aren't going to see eye to eye on this.
    He's an asshole for putting his own child and wife in danger, not for defending someone - he stepped in and then had to fucking defend his own family against the mob.
    He was not equipped to diffuse the situation - he was equipped to start fucking throwing punches.
    His stepping in escalated the situation and lead to him having to knock out an 11 year old girl.
    Agree with it or not - had he not stepped in, his family wouldn't have been terrorized and the situation may not have reached the point of violence.

But go ahead. Jump my shit because I disagree with him putting his own little girl into that situation. Mob rule in the dungeon :p

Wingnut, jase and Fonda Dix like this.
  3. CausticYarn

Okay - agreed.
    At the time the punch was justified.

bacolmm and Fonda Dix like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Situation wouldn't have been violent had this group of kids not started being violent. Blaming him for wanting to protect other human beings is bullshit sorry. It really is coming off like blaming a rape victim because she dressed like a ho...

Not sure who I'm mobbed up with, I post like this even if no one agrees with me :D

VFR#52, MikeR, cav115 and 3 others like this.
  5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Which very quickly diffused the situation.

Not only did he defuse the situation, he taught a gang of bullies a very valuable life lesson. Unfortunately, with attitudes like yours, that lesson will be lost by portraying the "children" as the victim.

Guys a hero in my book.

VFR#52, bacolmm, MikeR and 4 others like this.
  6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So when you are 70 and being harassed by a group of children at the mall you'd want someone like Dern to just walk on by and ignore it? You seem to be glossing over the harassment of someone else in your position.

VFR#52 and bacolmm like this.
  7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

My word............so if YOU'RE at the mall and suddenly get harassed by a pack of teens because maybe one of your daughters looked at one of them sideways....you'd rather NO ONE step in to help you?

On a side note, I got into it with someone on FB regarding this incident, guy said the exact same thing as some said in here, "NEVER HIT A WOMAN/GIRL under any circumstances!!!"

Make no mistake about it, it's THAT attitude/mentality that has fed f'ed up women for decades into thinking they could raise their hands to any man without consequences. And I find THAT to be even more f'ed up.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    VFR#52, bacolmm, _indy and 6 others like this.
  8. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

There seems to be a major issue with parents wanting to be their kids friend...no consequences to anything these days.

My boys niece just stole his identity for the second time racked up $4k in PayPal credit charges...he finds out by PayPal collection calling him.

His lovely sister tells him if he doesn’t “Take the hit” he’ll lose a sister...WTF

I told him to have them both locked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VFR#52 and StaccatoFan like this.
  9. Venom51

Is that supposed to be a deterrent? I'm not seeing the issue. It is funny to me how family seems to think you have to stay in their good graces because they are family. His little ass would be in the back of a squad car pretty damn quick and she could just fuck off for the rest of her days. No sleep would be lost on my part.

10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Damnit! I just spit beer all over the front of the boat and lost a bolt for the trolling motor. Totally worth it reading that :crackup:

VFR#52 and R1M370 like this.
  11. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I dunno what she was thinking but he laughed at her and said you do what you gotta do. I really hope he follows thru and has her locked up. She did it to him twice already and nothing has happened to her....unreal.

If I would have stolen my uncles identity when I was 14 my dad would have let my uncle beat my ass after I got out of jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

And this, in a nutshell, is precisely what is wrong with the world today.
    Your Dad's response to a situation like this is the correct one. Parents enabling kids to be little monsters, permits them to grow up and be big monsters.

VFR#52 and Banditracer like this.
  13. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

It really is this. Some parents would rather be liked than respected. There were many many times that I didn’t like my parents at all but I damn sure respected them. I do even more today because they weren’t my friend then. They were my parent. Some don’t understand that ALL kids 10-18 don’t like parents because parents enforce rules. But most grow out of that and understand why once they’re an adult and most are thankful for it.

cav115, Banditracer and Newyork like this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gimme $4000 and See ya'

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Just WOW, not even any, "I'm sorry, I'll get you your money back!"???

And people wonder why the kids are so bad today, it's THAT kinda [non] parenting.

jase likes this.
  16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

If everything is as presented, I'm still amazed that people can defend the kids here. KIDS have repeatedly been charged with capital murder. An old woman was getting harassed by these little thugs, so a REAL man steps in to protect her, and HE'S the one that gets charged? Holy hell in a handbasket, what the fuck is wrong with anyone thinking that? I'd like to THINK I'd do the same damn thing. Step in and protect the innocent and helpless. If it was this specific situation, I'd tell me daughter to help too! She's 15, a dedicated weight lifter and BJJ practitioner. She'd f' up those kids, legally. What the hell is wrong with us, that we've devolved so much that protecting someone is now wrong. Damnit I really want off this planet right now. :(

VFR#52, bacolmm, kangasj and 2 others like this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not much of a loss.

Newyork likes this.
  18. CausticYarn

I am in no way blaming the victim, he had a right to defend himself. And anecdotal or theoretical situations have no bearing on this case, but since you asked - If it was me and my daughters trailing after my husband and he deliberately placed us in danger to step into a fight - I’d have his cock n’ balls in a fucking jar.

I can disagree with his methods despite his having justification to knock a girl out cold.

Y’all get pissed and have tunnel vision.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

When society has to do what the parents didn’t, it’s seldom pretty.
    She deserved to get dropped. Can’t blame the dude one bit.

VFR#52, bacolmm, kangasj and 2 others like this.
  20. Venom51

I'm not sure you know who the victim is here.

VFR#52 and stk0308 like this.