1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlottesville, VA

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I owe you a beer for this post...:)

britx303 likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

McAuliffe? Dirty?

Say it ain't so!

3. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Montgomery, Fairfax and Loudoun Counties are top ten wealthiest counties in the country with the two that have Lee Hwy going right through them being #1 and #2 in the country (and housing the likes of Newt and all the others who would be advocating "cultural revionsism"). Add in the lobbiests, lawyers, and all the others that have basically made there fortunes on the understanding and manipulation of the political process (who as a result have the money, connections and practical experience on how to work that process) and your conclusion is that it's "the foreigners". . .

Come on now. . .if that's all you're seeing than you have some major blinders on helping with that tunnel vison.

4. motorkas

So you're saying the ultra left wing governer was banking on the violent propensities of the ultra right wing to manifest in death?

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Never let a good Ruckus go un-viewed by CNN/NBC/ABC/FOX..fk call and invite them.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Troll, troll, troll the thread...

7. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

hahahaha! I heard this shit the entire time I lived in the South, mostly by idiot Southerners...:crackup:

SuddenBraking likes this.
  8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

And Montgomery Co MD is the wealthiest predominately jewish county.......but damned if when you drive anywhere all you see are Hispanics. My mothers been remarried to a Salvadoran since 1987,and i was immersed into their many communities from the annapolis area to manassas. Try again

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Too bad you didn't listen to them and learn what the civil war actually was about.

How's it feel to be dumber than an idiot southerner?

10. galloway840

Again, hahaha. The North has problems for sure, but you must live a pretty insulated life to believe that bullshit.

SuddenBraking, jase and G 97 like this.
  11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

From what I have seen, there is MORE than enough Bigotry to go around, and the fkn state lines don't seem to be any boundary for for it. nor the Mason Dixon.

I find alot of folks are selective as to what they see when looking in the mirror, Including Me.

I hate alot of people...usually not based on color...but yeah, I hate on folks...I admit it.

dtalbott and G Costanza like this.
  12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

There were several issues at the heart of the civil war. But the primary issue was the ability of the national government to dictate to the states what the "law of the land" was. The south, being an agricultural area that was heavily dependent on slavery, was determined to preserve this issue. Of course they dressed it up with every conceivable argument they could. It doesn't detract from the fundamental point that slavery was the principle cause of the civil war. I'm not saying that most of those in the north were altruistic, they weren't. The culture was very different back then and judging them by today's standards is pointless. As far as marble statues go, I couldn't give a rats ass. It's history and let it lie.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  13. galloway840

If you're actually going to try to write something legitimate and reasonable, I'd probably meet you half way. People are people around the world, and lots of racism to go around. Economic and racial segregation is pretty bad most places.

However, having lived in Nebraska, Washington State, Michigan, Georgia, Germany, New York, (and Canada too), there really isn't too much legitimate argument that the North is more racist than the South in my experience.

I won't type the many dozens if not hundreds of examples of blatantly racist crap I heard living in the South for 15 years. You sweet old equality lovin', non-racist, "the Civil war had nothing to do with Slavery" Southern gentlemen believe whatever crap you want to. The rest of the world, not only believes you're full of it, we've seen it.

Who here has the data? Seems everyone is just talking out their ass anyway.

jase and Yzasserina like this.
  14. motorkas

Define "predominately"? And where are you driving in it? I've lived in Fairfax, Montgomery and Anne Arundel counties and you're telling me that where the power and money lies in those counties (Great Falls, Potomac, Annapolis, Kent Island ect) is crawling with Hispanics? Montgomery goes from the Potomac to right below Frederick (thats a lot of synagogues that I haven't seen) and .90 of every dollar of my county tax goes to other counties in Maryland besides Montgomery. White people that populate a significant portion of the state with a much lower tax pool are more of a tax burden to Montgomery county than Hispanics (and their apparently massive amounts of political clout to change Confederate names). . .Also, how do you explain the fact that every sign in Annandale is Korean ect. . .is the plan, first Confederate names, then change the Korean signage to Spanish and so on?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely.

16. motorkas

If that's what the kids are calling using one sentence to expose fundemental logic flaws. . .so be it.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no idea where you are. Doesn't matter either way, if those foreigners live there they are local. Has nothing to do with where I grew up, has to do with who votes the people making the call into power.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh good lord you live in DC? That's your issue, don't try and blame foreigners for that shit.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You need to get out more in Ohio, PA and don't forget Indiana especially.

I hear bullshit racist terms all the time around here, some kids with the battle flag flying on their lifted trucks to get attention, up there I saw way more people living the life.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Interestingly, Lee freed his slaves 20 years before the war and was very anti-slavery.

Prior to the Civil War Grant lived with his wife Julia and their four children in St. Louis, Missouri, at his father-in-law’s White Haven plantation estate from 1854 until 1859. At some point during this experience, Grant obtained a slave named William Jones. The sole document we have confirming Grant’s ownership of Jones is a manumission paper freeing Jones on March 29, 1859, written in Grant’s own hand.

How, when, and why Grant obtained a slave are all unknown, although Grant’s mentioning of Frederick Dent suggests that he most likely purchased Jones from his Father-in-law (Grant also had a brother-in-law named Frederick Dent who was serving with the U.S. Army in the western frontier at this time. The brother-in-law could have sold Jones to Grant, but these circumstances suggest that it was unlikely). Grant never mentions Jones in any correspondence or in his Personal Memoirs, so we don’t know his thoughts on this matter. What happened to William Jones after his emancipation is also a mystery lost to history.
    There are literally no other pieces of historical evidence to suggest that Grant ever owned slaves at any point after 1859.

Grant’s wife Julia grew up in a household that benefited from slave labor, a fact that Julia acknowledged and romanticized in her own Personal Memoirs. Julia claimed in her Memoirs that her father gave her legal title to four slaves to be used for her benefit, and no competent Grant historian would doubt that she and the entire Grant family benefited from their labor during their St. Louis years. There’s no evidence to suggest that Julia ever held legal title of a slave, however, suggesting that they were always her father’s slaves.

Time to tear down the statues of Grant.