1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone own a "chopper" (HD)

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

All I know is that its a S&S 96 inch (1573cc) motor.

2. areceefittywon

areceefittywon Well-Known Member

I built a Yamaha Warrior last year anda buddy "had" to have it so I sold and made a nice profit. I was going to buy a Big Dog Pitbull but after a lot of research(Club Chopper.com) I decided to steer clear of them. Same went for Iron Horse, too many problems for my taste. I like the pro-street style stuff over the chopper or bobber style so I went and built another Warrior. I get more looks than "most" choppers on the market and it's a lot cheaper to build. Combine the fact that they are more reliable and they handle better, bikes like the Warrior offer an alternative for guys that want something cool but would also like to be able to ride it often.

3. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

When will the bashing end?

Limos don't handle very well either. What is the point of pointing that they don't handle have to do with owning and enjoying one?

I hate most sportbike riders that I meet, because they don't have a clue about ridind their bike.

My 2 cents.

Btw my bike doesn't leak or vibrate. Catch up.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

if i were to ever ride on the street again, a Warrior would most likely be the bike i bought. a hardtail(from scratch frame) with Ohlin, Brembos and something along the lines of a turboed TL1000 motor is something i have always wanted to build. :D

5. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I guess contrary to most sportbike riders, I choose not to hate them, but hate the price they are at for what they are. Thus the reason I owned one that was actually WORTH the price as a classic.

About my short forks. They were TOO short. I actually lengthened them by about 2 inches later on.

6. Mblashfield

Im not bashing, just comparing it to what I have experience with, sportbikes. This is also a sportbike forum, for the most part. You are correct though, all of the so called shortcomings we are pointing out should be quite obvious to anyone with a brain.......I mean, what did I expect, MotoGP characteristics out of this thing???

7. Mblashfield

By the way, I rode it most of the day. Im tired as fuck, sore and thrilled to death! Im glad I got it. A whole other class of women dig me now, too.

8. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I would like to expect at least on par with other bikes in their class. And they dont, yet cost more. That is my issue with modern HD's

9. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

You're talking about Sportbikes, right?

10. Mblashfield

11. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

what you be talking about then?

12. Mblashfield

My new bike!

[​IMG]

13. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Super nice bike!

14. Mblashfield

Read the whole thread!

15. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Nope! Ain't reading the whole bash the Harley thread. You like riding a Harley? Have at it. You don't? don't do it.

I have met too many morons that think they know how to ride a sportbike and they wear their rear brakes out before their front.

If you don't like how Limos handle, go away.
    If you don't like HD, go away.
    I personally don't like sportbike riders that can't keep up with Chris Ulrich and Josh Hayes.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So your say'n you hate yourself???? Dude your conflicted..:p

17. joe617

joe617 Well-Known Member

Here is a link to a bike a friend of mine built. It's built with a Jesse James' frame, wheels and fenders that he modified once he got them. He hand built the tank and painted the bike himself. It's got some big S&S or something motor on it makin like 150+ HP, It's been down an 1/8 mile dragstrip a few times and ran a 7.01 at 101 mph, that's not too shabby for what it is.

http://www.boostedbrad.com/html/brad_s_cfl_15.htm

If you've got some time to waste there are several other pics of the bike on his site, not to mention some of the local girls posing on bikes in his shop.

18. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

I can keep up with Josh. You get the gist of what I'm saying.

I love my Harley and I love my racebikes.

Is there a problem with that?

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

20. Skinner

Skinner Active Member

I couldn't afford the $&$ knucklehead. So I went a different route. I used a RC51 motor. It is now all apart getting the paint, powder, and chrome treatment :up:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]