1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone own a "chopper" (HD)

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Nov 16, 2007.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

We'll have to go for a ride to the dawghouse, get a beer, and make fun of the Hells Angels. Their clubhouse is in Massey Hill and they hang out there all the time.

2. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I got that down pretty good but with a bike thats 9 1/2 ft it's pretty easy :D

3. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I pulled up beside an HD while riding up Morganton the other day, I though the sound of one of these was badass, the sound of two is killer!! The toy runs will take on a whole new meaning now. Be safe Mike, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

4. Mblashfield

Ive been looking at all the builders websites lately, some of the choppers look like they might be 12ft long!!!!!!!! Talk about chassis flex!

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

My brother has a hartail custom chopper that is right at 10 1/2 ft :cool:

6. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

Bump. More bobbers plz. :D

7. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

I have a 1990 FXRS Low Rider. 15K miles on it. :) I bought it in 1999. I don't ride it much and often consider selling it. It is a very nice bike. I did the valves and rings about 2K miles ago because the base gasket was buldging, not leaking.

I agree, ride what you want. But on a side note: I get flipped off by the crotchrocketeers when I'm on the Harely an I got flipped off by the Harley riders when I was on my R1. When I'm on my ZUMA everyone seems to chuckle. Kinda sad really. People are forever segregating themselves into groups. I say ride what you want, if you're happy I'm happy :rock:

8. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

So if me sleeping with your girlfriend makes me happy it makes you happy too?

9. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

Kids !! :D

10. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

This is the last bike I build before I decided that I would focus on Road Racing. I spent thousands to build fast Harleys and after a while it got boring. I was to the point that there was only a few guys in town that had fast bikes and at that...it was the same old, same old.

I will say that I did have a blast riding my Road Glide cross country...but the bar to bar thing got old.

The bike below started out life as my first Harley that I bought new back in 1994. After several different versions thru the years and several motors that I experimented with...I finally took it apart one day to go thru the whole bike. When I finished taking it apart I realized that all I had was junk laying on the ground. The motor was toast, the frame was cracked, the tanks were cracked....junk.

Hence....I went to Titan's going out of business sale and bought a new tank, new fenders and inverted front forks. I raked the frame, put supports in it and bought the first wide tire conversion kit on the market for a softail. Dial up PM and bought wheels etc, etc.

The motor....I bought a set of STD Race casting heads, port/flowed them and mounted them to a set of cast iron Axtell drag cylinders, mercury balanced S&S race wheels, Carrillo rods, JE Pistons, Pro-flow oil pump and took a set of stepped headers and tuned them to the motor. It had a Pro back 45 Mikuni with the intake manifold ported to match the intake of the heads.

In the end...it was a 106inch motor that put out 135hp with 141ftlbs of torque....off the bottle. On the bottle...add another 50hp. I took everything that I knew about building motors and put it into this bike.

The bike was fast as all hell and not one...not one Sportbike beat it in a street race. Problem is....I'd have to come home and re-tighten every bolt on the damned bike. It was a few hours riding and five hours going thru the bike.....Pain in the ass!

Anyway....I had to take digital pictures of pictures. I had just finished the bike and had just finished the seat pan which was out getting the seat covered.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

12. Shenanigans

13. Shenanigans

you haven't seen the hayabusa chopper have you??:up: :wow:

14. Shenanigans

15. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I remember seeing Skinners RC chopper at Summit this past season. It's cool as hell.

The "Agricultural use only" license plate was the best!!

16. joe617

joe617 Well-Known Member

That my friend is Victoria Seaton. I think she was 18 0r 19 in that pic. She's since had a kid but still looks just the same.:up:

BTW that pic does her no justice!!

17. Shenanigans

she is good looking as hell:wow: ..never would have thought she was 18 in hat pic

18. Mblashfield

Who the hell wants a chopper that sounds like a sportbike????? To each his own but I say WTF???????

19. scotth

scotth Banned

after what you just spent on four feet of trail and kewl, you want justification for an nonsensical motorcycle decision?

awesome rc51 bike, btw.

20. Mblashfield

Thats like ordering a Russian mail order bride that speaks with an American New York accent...........WTF.

At least mine sounds like a chopper. Even the RC51 is a V2.
    What does cost have to do with anything?