1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone own a "chopper" (HD)

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

THATS Bitch'n...what kinda frame is it?

2. areceefittywon

areceefittywon Well-Known Member

Equal displacement between metrics and Harley's and powerwise, Harley's hold their own. The key is "equal" displacement. I have a Harley and I paid about the same for it as I would have the comparable Yamaha. I bought it new and only after researching the bikes that met my criteria....GL1800, BMW LT, Yamaha Royal Star Tour Delux and ended up getting the Harley. Price wise, they were all VERY close. As for performance, what exactly are you giving up with the Harley? Harley's brakes are the only shortcoming I can see given the market in which they work. The GL and Yammi were faster but who cares? Ride what you like, Harley, Yamaha, Honda, Hyosung.....whatever, just ride.

3. Skinner

Skinner Active Member

Redneck Engineering built the frame around the motor. I took the motor down there and they had it done in 4 days. I would recommend them to anyone.

4. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Yeah they build some nice stuff, and the chassis guys build on commission so they don't fk around.

6. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

That is badass!! take a pic of someone on it with their feet on the pegs please.I love the boardtracker look!!!

7. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Where did the tubing for the two "boas" come from?

8. areceefittywon

Looks like Mandrel bent exhaust pipe converted over to do intake duty:)

9. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

That RC chopper is SICK :clap

You guys seem to thing I am BASHING HD's, I OWNED one remember :p

I am complaining of their price, with lack of development. We are still paying prices like they are completely made in america as well, when I think I heard more than %51 of the bike is foreign now.

I jsut PREFER the oldschool bikes to the new ones, and dont quite "get" the yuppie choppers as I call them.

10. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Im really suprised we havn't had the typical sportbike crowd in here screaming about "hardley ablesons" and "fuck Harleys" blah blah blah.

I love ANYTHING with two wheels and a motor I think :lol. I do have preferences though

11. vasiliy

vasiliy Squid Enthusiast

oh... we could all be VERY SARCASTIC :)

in my opinion, I ride to feel the Gs, when I want to impress others, I will get one of these oil leaking pieces of shit :)

12. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Zed owns a chopper.........but he's dead.

13. sdg

sdg *

That thing ROX.

Think about a big dia. 2 into 1 exhaust - the exh. doesn't really fit the look, especially with the intakes the way they are.

I'm thinking 2.5 or 3" dia. narrow angle slash cut with the rear point just in front of the chain adjuster. It would also fill in the "hole" on the exh. side.

otherwise :up:

14. areceefittywon

I bet you can you rock highchair wheelies ALL day long too? :)

15. Skinner

Skinner Active Member

Funny you say that. Those are old pics. It sounded like crap with the to pipes so I did change it to a 2 into 1 with a small scorpion muffler. I will change it again before its all over :)

As for the intakes, they were made from different bends of 3" turbo tubes.

16. vasiliy

vasiliy Squid Enthusiast

have never been able to do a proper wheelie :D no joke

i just feel so bad for the bike when they get slammed on the ground like that :(

millions of $ RnD down the shoot.

personal dream: grab an enduro... and go all the way south to Chile :) Now thats riding... Would be cheaper than a race season too :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  17. Jefe

Jefe Wannabe

I've always been a fan of the bobber style and will someday build one.

After I build a modern version of this

[​IMG]

:up:

18. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Let me open up a whole other can of worms :Off:

someone who is good at wheelies, the bike wont slam down. It is set down rather easily actually. Not to say it does not still ad stress to the forks and steering stem when a stationary front tire suddenly hits the pavement, but no more stress than racing them does.

*** the above statement is for people who are SMOOTH at wheelies, which is NOT typical... most people destroy bikes while stunting :down:

19. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

The rake and trail must be spot on. Its 9 1/2 ft long but I cant tell it when ridding. I rode several choppers before bought one. A few customs and a few store bought and most of them handled like shit. My chopper handles better than my girlfriends 1200 sporty. I went with the smaller 180 rear tire and I really think that helps.

20. vasiliy

vasiliy Squid Enthusiast

like I said, I suck at them :)

judging from the bikes stunnas use... those professionals certainly dont cause any harm to their machines whatsoever