1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Pirellis Question

Discussion in 'General' started by Odilup, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Why can't a Pirelli distributor set up like Race Tire Services for Dunlop? Always have to have the secret handshake to buy these it seems. RTS makes it so easy.

Well I f'ed the title but you get what I'm saying

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Huh?

Subscribed

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Why not call @metricdevilmoto If you are on the east coast or CT Racing if you are on the west coast? I'm sure there are other suppliers, but I know both those companies are knowledgeale and treat people well.

Will929, metricdevilmoto and noles19 like this.
  4. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

You could always call, text or email whoever sells them in your area. No secret handshake required. They will ship them to your door via UPS or FedEx same as the Dunlop store would. I'm in the north east, my tire supplier is Mike at MDM.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

sportbiketrackgear also sells them.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I don’t think RTS sponsors test days for their riders like James Bock does.

Odilup likes this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Maybe RTS's customers are that good they dont need "practice"??? :D The same for Stickboys customers... though more of a freaky kinky craigslist backpage feathered pimp hat type of clientele. :D

8. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

If your talking up here in the north (Ohio way), Pirelli support is less than spectacular. I call/email James Bock down south and he ships them to me. When I see some consistent Pirelli support up here, I'll buy up here...

cav115 likes this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Definitely MDM.

10. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

whos the closest around KY? I need two sets.

11. Boman Forklift

I would call @metricdevilmoto He gives a lot of support on this forum and at eastern tracks.

If Michelin or Bridgestone @stickboy274 does the same thing in your area.

12. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The easiest place to get Pirelli race tires is most often trackside. We do, however, ship tires on an almost daily basis.

https://tracksidetires.com

No secret handshake required, it's just an issue of finding out who your regional dealer is and then establishing a relationship with them.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    VFR#52, Gorilla George and Mr. Kurtz like this.
  13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Mike Faillace and James Bock are the two of the best tire vendors, east of the Mississippi. Call and talk to them. They will get you sorted properly.

Also keep in mind - it's beneficial to order tires in multiple sets, if viable. Just makes the logistics easier during the season.

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I cant get Bock and Jesse out of my pits at the races..... And I don't even run Pirelli's :D

Blackbeener, Bobby_Evans and 418 like this.
  15. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

Thanks for the link, $415 a set, I don't remember paying over $350 last year. :/

16. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

on the DOTs do most people race on SC1 Fronts with a SC1 rear? How long are they lasting?

Last year doing track days my SC2 front/rear lasted into the 4th day before they started feeling like shit. Yes I know, I'm not fast and not Brome-ing a tire every time out on the track.

17. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I'm just glad I had Moose all the years I rode on Pirellis. He and Theresa were simply good folks.

jonathanp, rugbymook, vfrket and 2 others like this.
  18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

You even ride bro? Or was this on the ecart.

19. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

No, I don't get what you're saying. How is it difficult to buy Pirelli? Or any brand for that matter?

I must be some kind of genius that I can find Pirelli tires to buy. (@metricdevilmoto is laughing right now)

20. Boman Forklift

Don't be picking on @josh7owens, at least if he was dying to get some training, I don't think he would let a little $400 plane ticket keep him from training with the master @khill

J7O has shown he is willing to put his money where his mouth is, will you? :D

notbostrom likes this.