1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Pirellis Question

Discussion in 'General' started by Odilup, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Perfectly said, wish I would have thought of that.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Thanks, man. I genuinely appreciate that.

3. Boman Forklift

Okay, but I thought your were buying the tires from Metricdevilmoto?

Dude, next time consider saying I'm sorry, I overreacted, I didn't realize the smiley grin meant you were joking.

TurboBlew and Gorilla George like this.
  4. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I agree, but not sure what that has to do with my question lol...I was genuinely asking about the high pressures? Did Pirelli change the recommended pressures in recent years? Ever since I switched to Pirellis a few years ago I've always got them from my local vendor, and I've always followed the manufacturer's recommendations on any tires. But I could've sworn that in the 2013-2014 Pirelli guide it listed 31-33 psi hot for the fronts. Now I have the new guide thanks to Jeff (he posted it here) and I see it's 32-36? Was it always like that and I was just way off on my recollection or did they change it??

5. metricdevilmoto

A bit of free association on my behalf, which is why I specified the "generic you" part. Absolutely no offense intended.

The pressure is only "high" in relation to the number you have in your head as a baseline.

And, yes, the pressures have trended higher since 2013 in the front. The manufacturer numbers are a gross recommendations because they have to give a number (which is why it's always a range) a lot like suspension guys that have to sell a number for sag or YouTube likes.

Following manufacturer numbers will get you in the ballpark. Following trackside numbers from a reputable, knowledgeable vendor will get you to your seat.

6. sbk1198

Ah I see. That makes sense. Thanks! I'll stop by at NCbike next weekend if I end up going (forecast is getting worse).

7. metricdevilmoto

See you there (hopefully).

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

your skin is to thin the be here or in the pafdock, you take shit way too personal.

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

One of the most, WTF? :confused: But thanks for liking the training seminar we did years ago Mike, I change your grade to a passing one now. :crackup:

sbk1198 and metricdevilmoto like this.
  10. Boman Forklift

:crackup::crackup:

Mike, I guess you should have brought the teacher an apple on the first day of class.

11. sbk1198

Jeff, going way off topic now, but it's the beeb so who cares lol...when you worked for Pirelli were you employed by Pirelli USA (out of Georgia) or the headquarters, Pirelli S.p.A.? Does the plant in Georgia ever hire anyone? When I was job searching in the last couple of years I'd constantly be checking and it seems like they never had any openings from what I recall.

12. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

I don't want to derail the good discussion going here, but I'd like to take a quick minute to offer my sincere gratitude to the many knowledgeable contributors to this community who are willing to share their experience and recommendations. One of the things drawing me to this sport is the number of variables involved to go fast around the track. Unfortunately, with so many different things to take into consideration, it's easy to get lost. Many thanks to the folks who have "been there and done that" and willing to share what works and what doesn't!

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

You will never get lost if you remember this simple plan. Each morning walk up to Mike(or your tire guy), ask him for a pound of scrapple (Mike only), a cigarette, how's his cat doing, and what's the hot set up today? He will respond with run this PSI, the track is super greasy and sucks so try an SC0, and make sure your warmers work. So right there in like 30 seconds he's helping you go faster. Then REPEAT every weekend! :D

badmoon692008 and Pride & Joy like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, you should pay attention and quit being a little bitch. You got your answer. Period. Then you got people joking around. Grow the fuck up.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Way off topic is right. As you are asking me to help you make money so I'm going to ask you for the consultant fee of 900 bucks right now. And I need a tee time and a first class ticket to Pebble Beach say in August? Retired guys have to have standards and don't worry I can stay with family. :clap:

Pirelli has the factory, R&D, and other offices in Rome GA where I was based. They also have offices in NYC. From what I see and know they are are always looking for help for anything techs in the factory or inside/outside sales or even consumer affairs peeps. For Moto it's tough because it's such a small group.

After a quick look I see this https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?company=Pirelli&rcm_site_locale=en_IT& I would suggest you search the web

16. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

WTF happened here???

17. sbk1198

August won't work for me...I'm busy that month...or something ;)

Yeah of course that link was always the first place I went to, but once you select "USA" for the country, there are 0 results. Been like that every time I looked, hence I was wondering. Seems odd they never post any USA openings on their own site...

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Or just rename him capt Butthurt

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some stupid ass kid got his panties bunched over absolutely nothing.

20. Boman Forklift

That's the best idea I've seen on here in months.

Gorilla George likes this.