1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Pirellis Question

Discussion in 'General' started by Odilup, Mar 24, 2018.

1. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

That is "World local e-cart champion entitled cunt" to you.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I've never been much on (dis)honorary titles. ;)

3. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

You’re right, I should assume that I owe someone money for them to answer any questions I have. My bad. I devalued his worth.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You sure seem to feel you're owed an answer.

5. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

May you not cost them more in aggravation than they made on the sale.

But I know where I'd place my bet...

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey Josh I don't know if you're trolling or not I have to believe you probably are? As you know I stuck up for you a lot in the ekarting thread. If you couldn't tell, the Pirelli guy was just messing around with you, I don't know what to say about your attitude towards him after that?

There are plenty of people on here and they will help you without you whining about it, including the guy you bought those tires from, who's answered questions on here and will help you at the track

8. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

I wasn’t trolling. I’m serious. The guy that offered his services isn’t the same guy that I plan to order tires from. They are posting under two different usernames.

Joking or not his comment was rude and uncalled for. I posted asking a fair logical question that would be educational to me and fellow racers. I wasn’t deserving of anyone’s rudeness or sarcastic commentary.

9. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

What

the

fuck

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Nearing best of territory.. just a few more pages and we have a contender

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Guys read under my forum name to the left. I'm not a vendor or distributor and I don't sell tires, I worked for Pirelli as the road race manager for many years. And I thought the two smiley faces after that absurd paragraph would indicate sarcasm? So I hope I didn't mislead anyone, it was in fun.

12. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

Hard to convey anything to J7O via words.

13. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

For real?? I thought getting in the upper 30s is a recipe for crashing. Pirelli spec sheet recommends 31-33 hot last I checked. I've always ran in the 31-32 range with no issues, and the wear down perfectly. Granted I'm slow as shit compared to the top experts lol

EDIT: never mind, I see in the new guide it says 32-36 for the front. I swear it used to be 31-33 though before. Up until now I was using the 2013 or 2014 guide because that's all I had available.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

Don't mind the douchebag.

Thx for posting the fitment guide.

busa99 and TurboBlew like this.
  15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I signed into this forum to help give real answers (when I feel like it) because I am amazed on how much BAD tire information is out there. As a retired tire guy who'll be golfing, riding dirt bikes, and hopefully boating once the ice is off the lake next month you shouldn't expect quick responses.

I've known Ev since 1984 when I started racing with WERA and I think she was 15? And Mongo can vouch for me because I used to harass him as often as possible. And Mongo I swear it wasn't me that threw that stripper birthday party under my truck's canopy at the GNF back in the 90s. I swear! :rolleyes:

MDM is good peeps as well as Mr. Bock, Mr. Farrell and the others. And since you're at the track and they're at the track at the same time doesn't it make sense to interact with them for help? So I'm going to bail, have a beer, and watch a movie with the grand kids. I'll review and comment about the squat fold over questions later and respond.

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

And after 20 years in tires it will cost you 900 bucks a day to get me to consult as that's the going rate, no shit!

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  17. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Not to stray from the point (kinda sorta?), but this is why we'd really, really like it if racers and track day riders talked to (and did business with, hopefully) the trackside vendors.

Communication and information.

When you (and I'm using the generic "you" here) source your race or track day tires online and then use inaccurate or out dated or flat out wrong pressures or data you've gathered online, it's not a good scenario. You show up for a race weekend or a track day with your online tires and your bad data and have a bad experience and then your story on this forum or Facebook or whatever place you want to talk about how you tucked the front because the tires were shit and these are your impressions and your first hand experiences and so on.

It's not good for you, it's not good for me and my business, and it's not good for Pirelli. And, honestly, even if you got your tires somewhere else and you mounted them yourself, I'd still never turn someone away at the trailer that was asking for information.

No matter what brand you use, talk to someone knowledgeable that represents that brand. If you're buying online, it's because of a price point, but the most valuable thing your trackside provider is offering is free.

And, honestly, Jeff is one of the most knowledgeable tire guys in the country. When he was on the job, he was who I'd go to with questions. He doesn't need anything along the lines of an endorsement from me, but when he talks tires, I'd listen. Hell, I'd even watch his slide show again...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  18. If you are counting your tire life in whole days, any of them will be fine. I would suggest running the hardest, endurance type compound/tire.

When you need to move to an SC1, you will know it.

418 and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The shock needs to work with the tire. Sounds like the tire is doing too much work.

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I can vouch for Mike going above and beyond to help people who aren't even customers or using his products, and because of that now I use his products.
    Stick boy also helps people who ask, although since stick has a out there sense of humor Josh may need to go to his safe space after:crackup: