1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Vintage Classes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

BTDT and they didn't come.

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Whatever you say Dougie boy...

videojack and Duck150 like this.
  3. vance

vance *

Good for when power is needed but weight would be a hindrance... got it :Poke:

james walker and videojack like this.
  4. charles

charles The Transporter

Dave:

I for one will not jump on the anti-Brit bandwagon, because indeed there have been invaluable contributions, such as cams to grind, tappets to tap, and gaskets and seals that prompted natural resource conservation,
    in an attempt to conserve oil and protect other vehicles and bystanders from oil spray and leaks. It was a good thing, much like the esteemed 2-Stroke racing machine (that which you denounce), which has shown the world that 2-stroke power can be harnessed for the very things you describe above, to include what you forgot to mention, the mighty 2-stroke diesel. Soon, as the pendulum swings back to the side of normalcy and 'common sense,' we will once again bear witness to the dominance of the 2-stroke on racetracks.

videojack likes this.
  5. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Sounds like a grudge match in the makings? Perhaps you'll meet David on the GP500 grid with a comparable 2 smoke machine and show him who is boss?

6. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

How about with a drum braked RD250 with stock pipies?

7. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I have never been one to see or consider excess weight to be a hinderance or problem. To the contrary, I consider extra weight to be desirable - more traction ya' know. At 6'-2", 200+ lbs and riding a 40 hp single, I'm all about excess weight as a part of a racing program. And, tractors are, after all, more durable. Please note I did not contend that 2-strokes don't have a necessary and appropriate place in this world . . . . Oh, and I forgot to mention one particularly effective use of smokers . . . anti-mosquito devices. :clap:

Really Charles? You want me to wait until the River Styx can be walked across? I forgot about the 2-stroke diesel. Thank you for the inclusion. But, yet another novelty.

Cheers,

Dave

videojack likes this.
  8. videojack

And then there was the diesel 2 stroke onboard my submarine. 12 cylinders, 24 pistons (opposed) that was originally designed to run on coal dust...

9. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Ding Ding Ding!!!....so....like....kinda ...V1 bike with drum brakes to 500GP?????:rock:

Gosh, where have I heard that before? :)

Sorry Sean.:rolleyes: But if people "Lob" them in can I still knock them out of the park?

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Are you racing this year? I may need to hire your assistance on the RD once I pull it out of the corner. At this point I dont remember where I left off:confused:

11. ringdingding

More of a historic production light weight. Just to be fair to the Cb's. Don't they run in the same class at Ahrma?

12. videojack

Actually, when racing with AHRMA on my stocker CB350, I run in the Sportsman 350 class. The first word in the class description of "historic production light weight" is NOVICE. After a decade of racing with WERA and having earned an Expert license based on performance, Novice does not apply. So, we play in the back of the Sportsman 350 pack.

13. ringdingding

That's the plan every year.

I think you were trying to get the ignition sorted. I can set-up battery powered points for now, maybe you can find a used PVL, not sure what they run new these days.

14. ringdingding

Novices and non professional veterans.

15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Last I saw was about 500 bucks. Im finishing up 2 FZRs and a 99 R6 so between those 3 it made it hard to plunk down the cash for a bike that wont have a grid to go on.........until possibly this year if yall come out and race

16. videojack

There are plenty of rules that prevent WERA 350 Honda stockers from running in AHRMA NHLWP class. Bill Howard gave a great effort to open up the AHRMA class to WERA stocker racers and it failed. With 1.0 over pistons that take the 325cc Honda twin to 335cc, underlined are the issues that prevent me from playing that game:
    NHP: 1978 and earlier production street machines with the standard OEM frame, swingarm, fork and handlebar mounts. Engines use the original OEM bore and stroke. Classes are Lightweight (four-strokes up to 500cc, 250cc two-strokes and certain 350cc two-strokes) and Heavyweight (four-strokes up to 750cc and 350-500cc two-strokes). This class is intended for novice riders. See Section 10.6.

17. CharlieY

Yeah, Jacks bike doesn't fit in LW production. Needs Stock seat, fenders, no clip-ons......but they have motor on him.

Sportsman is where jacks bike fits right now. he's got room left motor-wise.

Bills Ahrma proposal was a good one. There was also a second proposal, Clubman or something.

videojack likes this.
  18. ringdingding

So, the answer is Yes, Rd250's race against Cb350's in the light weight production class. That was the question. If you want to talk rider eligibility, that is another subject.

19. videojack

Based on this, looks like the RD does race against the CB350 which also race against 500cc four strokes: "Classes are Lightweight (four-strokes up to 500cc, 250cc two-strokes and certain 350cc two-strokes)"

20. CharlieY

CB400f as well....like I said they (AHRMA) regulate with chassis.....all production / stock. Motor work OK tho.