1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Vintage Classes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 10, 2018.

1. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Couldn't you have built to comply with Ahrma, then race that same bike in WERA legal?

So LW production wouldn't be a good fit in WERA's 500gp? What classes do fit from Ahrma or USCRA? Now that its a Sat and Sunday race, WERA might look a little more attractive to some of them. Spread the word, tell them about the guest rider program. If there is an existing class that would fit, let it be known or lets figure out which ones are. Get enough cats signed up racing on Sat and Sunday in WERA's new big umbrella 500GP class and Mongo will have to give you your own 6 lap sprint. Then you can bump up to V-3.

2. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Comparing apples and oranges with AHRMA's LWPN class and anything else. It is basically similar to WERA's new GP500 class but a lot of bikes fit in it that don't fit well when in other classes once you show good performance in the NOVICE class. So, what you end up with is a bike you have to sell to future newbies considering racing in the LWP novice class... and the cycle continues.
    My leap to Sportsman 350 was all I had left to play with AHRMA until I put in a motor with a bigger punch or perhaps another bike.
    FYI all, I'm putting together one of three bikes that will have the ability to ride to the track, race for the day, then ride back home, support buddy with truck or van is most helpful. I figure Road Atlanta makes most sense to shoot riding into the track and paying gate fees, stripping street gear for racing setup, racing the day, then reconfiguring for the ride back home. Could attract a lot of average Joes, ready for the track.

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I built to comply with Sportsman and F250.....V1 crosses directly over.

WERA 350Gp bikes do not fit into AHRMA LW Proddy....

LWP requires stock seat, fenders, stock handlebar mounts, completely stock front end, and no rearrests until this year(??).....VASTLY different than WERA 350GP index rules. LWP allows MORE motor work than wera, except both require stock carbs.

LWP bike COULD fit into WERA 350gp, as long as the motor meets the index rule (not likely).

WERA 350gp Honda does NOT fit into LWP.....thus must enter sportsman.....where they are under-motored. Everything else is the same.

videojack likes this.
  4. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Good Grief Charley Brown, anyone ever hear of the K.I.S.S. theory? Seems like we could use a huge dose of it right up in here.

5. CharlieY

BIG 10-4 mother trucker!

The most prevalent and common US (world?) racing spec for the Honda 350 is WERA V1 / AHRMA Sportsman or F250, and whatever USCRA calls it (they have it) Why those bikes don't show for the GREAT WERA Events is unknown. I always enjoyed both whenever possible.

The most uncommon and "niche'd" racing spec for the Honda 350 is the WERA Index into 350gp.....it stands alone as far as I know (anyone? USCRA?).

What all that says could be debated.....not all the whys could be answered....I realize the WERA numbers are real and the driver of the situation, but we are (essentially) eliminating the most common, and betting it all on the niche.....strange situation from a data perspective, but the best of luck is wished here. I really do hope this works out.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, there is no new 500GP class - it's the same 500GP class. I just hope to see all 5 of the 350GP riders in it this year not just 4 of them.

Not sure what is niche or not niche. I know 5 riders for all season does not an actual race class make sadly.

I am hoping that running the vintage classes with every Sporstman race day will help things out - but to do that I had to pare things down. Give and take.

videojack and yamageezer like this.
  7. videojack

I'm preregistered for Tally. Scott and Jennifer to register for races and race school next. Email sent to all GP350/GP500 and V1 350 Honda guys, hoping they will preregister and join us as well. More new inquiries trickle in from Craigslist ads and Q&A support in motion. The 10 day weather forecast has us racing in 60 degree weather. Let's have some fun!

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sweet!

videojack likes this.
  9. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Will there be Rider School Sunday morning ?

videojack likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Riders schools are Saturday.

videojack likes this.
  11. bogganman

bogganman Well-Known Member

Sean, I believe part of the attendance problem has come from scheduling, unfortunately. The tally round is 1 week before the ahrma opener at roebling.The cycle Jamb at Road Atlanta is the same time as ahrmas gingerman.And Sept Road Atlanta is the same day as their Talladega round. Makes some Southern vintage racers have to choose. Now with double vintage days at all sportsmans events, it makes it possible for a vintage rider to run both series easier.GREAT IDEA. I have a td3 yamaha v2 bike,and a tz350 formula 500 bike ready to debut. Guess I'll be bumping up....
    So, how many race finishes (in early,pre v6mw,the old sat. classes) now count for the championships? (Just a thought, but If you make it too many, you'll lose some crossover racers). Decided yet?

12. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Best 6.....

videojack likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, already edited that part of the rulebook. Best 6 plus GNF being double like normal.

videojack likes this.
  14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Sean

Will V6/V7 run on Sunday Nationals with HWTSB? or is that just on Regionals?

tks
    M

15. videojack

I like it! Seems like it COULD develop a few contenders in each class.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Only if it's a sportsman day. V classes aren't national classes and won't run on national only days.

17. Would someone be so kind as to tell me where my 400F's would now fit? I have the old V2/F250 version and my Superbike lightweight version which I though would be V4. I know I should read through this whole thread but haven't yet. Thanks.
    AND do we have to join AMA?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes on AMA. V2 bumps to V3 doesn't it?

videojack likes this.
  19. videojack

Hey guys, I just received an inquiry from someone asking about the ads or Craigslist and would appreciate your input.
    The CB360 which replaced the CB350 weighs 20 pounds more, has 2 less horse power, has a six speed tranny, and front disc brakes.
    Not really a competitor in the GP350 class, what thoughts are there about allowing the CB/CL360 to run in the GP500 class???
    Disc brake removal?
    I don't know the guy making the inquiry, but I do know there are many 360 owners who might be interested in joining us on the track.
    Just passing on the inquiry.

20. CharlieY

Its indexed (or listed) in V1, right?

As Jack knows, I have a CB360 chassis, that I intended to put a V1 350 motor into.....the 360 and the 350-four are both V1 (??), and are both superior chassis to the stock 350 chassis, IMO.

The 360 is a turd motor, even with the 6 spd.

videojack likes this.