1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Vintage Classes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 10, 2018.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

Yam AT1 pistons any good? try UK eBay.

2. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

Yes Charles, they work, but you about have to bore to the limits of the sleeve thickness. David has run them. They are heavy, and they aren’t available new anymore either. After the ring breakage problem from racing with 40 year old nos pistons I’ve given up on the old metal. I don’t need more broken ring bits eating another crank and scoring the cylinders. DS7 pistons only have two oversizes as it is.
    I wish Wossner would make some new DS7 pistons, and go to 1mm over.

3. bogganman

bogganman Well-Known Member

A 54 mm Tz250/td3 piston with a cr125 wiseco ring is suitable for a cast iron bore. No overbores though. At 56mm you could go to the later tz250 pistons.

4. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Outside of the Feb Tally (also presuming Cycle Jam and GNF) race, have any other events in the southeast have confirmed vintage races on their schedule yet?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of them.... That's the entire point of this combining thing.

videojack, mgmark, 50Joe and 2 others like this.
  6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Any update here?

7. yamageezer

Oh ok. So no longer just southeast region then, like last year.

8. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

So how about bringing back the supermoto class.........build it they will come...:Poke::D

No Brakes likes this.
  9. yamageezer

Sorry, was just looking at the schedule keys and not seeing "V" in the listings like N, N2, rs, etc.

10. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I have some NOS TZ 250 G pistons and rings that are 56.25mm but they have short intake skirts

I believe Wossner makes a TD3/TA250/TZ250 A-F piston but not in an over size so you would have to re-sleeve (it would allow you to use an aluminum / nickasil setup)

ringdingding likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh, haven't found one, resend it please and sorry about that!

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No worries, I'll have the schedule updated today but no more V listing.

13. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Sean, Can my next round of newbies hope to race on Saturday, race #9 after taking race school that morning? Thanks

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely, that's why the mock race is race one these days instead of the last race.

videojack likes this.
  15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

No worries

Resent

16. videojack

And there it is as race #1. Thanks Sean!

17. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Ah, well they should let you run an RD250 top end if pistons are a problem, get it performance indexed in there. You are running the six speed already, right? Make it a limited mod deal.

18. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

There is.... call JE ... will make you any piston, That's what we all do with are little Ducks. Why can't you do that ? There no place we can Buy them, So I get mine custom made ....?

videojack likes this.
  19. videojack

Yeah, I sure to appreciate the over abundance of CB350/CL350/SL350 parts available since they made half a million of them.

20. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

They make only 4-stroke pistons.
    I am hoping to find an RD250 piston supplier that can make some without the intake holes/cutaway. I'd be ready to go then.