1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Vintage Classes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, it's a V1 machine, this would mean allowing it down into 500GP

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

OK....now I'm confused......V1 to 500GP? Really?:flag:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Really what? The 360 is a V1 machine currently. Jack is asking about it being allowed into 500GP.

Or am I missing something?

4. CharlieY

OK, my bad.....V1 to 500GP is great!....did you go drum only?

I somehow got the impression V1 went up to V3.....I guess I was wrong there.

My bad Sean. I bet Cook is happy.:)

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No no no - that is what he's asking for not what currently happens :crackup: He is asking for opinions on a rule change or an exception to the current rules....

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I think Jack was asking if a stock 360 with a drum brake could be indexed into 500GP.

videojack likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He was. Or what about an SS spec 360 even with the disc?

videojack likes this.
  8. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

My memory had me expecting to see the CB360 in V1 as well, but it's not there any more.
    Yeah, it's motor was a set back from the 30cc smaller than the 325cc CB350 twin engine which proved worthy of the 350 title.
    I'm just trying to get all those who are close to experiencing the track a great chance to catch the bug.

9. videojack

If it is a V1 bike, then it can get on the track.
    No changes required.
    Found it. There's a space between CB and 360.
    We're good.
    Thanks for the info!

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I'd let a CB360 run with the minis, and it would still be slower.

Killswitch and videojack like this.
  11. videojack

Yeah, I don't think we'll find anyone standing up for the 360 Honda twins.

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

They are turds, but it will be great to get more bikes on the track. I think there have people who have done well on the 360, in spite of the bike, not because of it. I think it would be fine in either 500 GP or V1

13. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Maybe I missed it but are all the DH rounds in the south the Vintage rounds?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes. Look at the Talladega schedule - all Vintage classes will be running on all normal Sportsman days.

15. boogiesg

boogiesg Well-Known Member

Charlie, I'm pretty sure they deleted both of my classes AND F500. I don't think it would be remotely fair for to CB350 folks that get their kicks on the stock frame and motor for me to race in GP500. I don't have any idea what class my bike technically or temporarily fits or if I'll even bother checking again.

16. CharlieY

I was with that until a V1 bike was mentioned to go into 500GP john.....I didnt really miss anything John......so, some V1 into 500GP and some V1 to V3 is how it ends.

17. boogiesg

boogiesg Well-Known Member

how many V1 bikes are there now exactly?

18. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I'm not sure how many exactly. I know I raced v1 (now v3 after the changes). If I swapped to drum, the bike would eligible for 500GP. but its just not worth building a new rim for 500GP when I am allowed my disc in F250 with AHRMA.

19. CharlieY

That's kinda my point John.

That is the spec I'll be building to when I'm done with my current situation.

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2 outside of VMD - John ran it all season and Jeremy Sharer ran 2 rounds. John was the only V1 racer at the GNF.