1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 vintage rules

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by promod, Nov 20, 2012.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

The way I read the V5 rules, there is no mention of hybrids being allowed. In V6lw there is. The original hybrid in WERA vintage that was raced successfully years ago was Jaime Miller's Honda Hawk / Yamaha RZ350 hybrid. His bike was booted out of Formula 2-stroke but had a home in V6lw.

2. Commander_Chaos

Commander_Chaos Hillbilly Genius

I have one of these. Make a class for me so I can race it. You have to let me wear the Fedora, too:

[​IMG]

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

The FZ frame is not as bad as you think. The problems are the suspension, wheels and brakes. Put an FZR or YZF front end on it and YZF wheels . A CBR600F2 wheel fits right in by mixing and matching and making spacers and such. I put a CBR900RR shock on mine, just had to do some bushing and bolt work on the shock and grind some clearance in the link to the swing arm. Makes a big difference to have adjustable damping.

#156 Well-Known Member

I agree with joe. Also combine v-3 and v-4 for bigger grids. V-4 is a dying class !!!!!!!!!!!

5. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

i've got a RC51 frame with a TLRS crank and mille R rods with 916 forks and SV1000 swingarm. can i run it in the new V7twins class?????????????????????

6. newyorkredneck

newyorkredneck Well-Known Member

Looks like the one Mr.Garrison invented :D

7. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

SRAD gas tank and you're good to go

8. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

The first generation Ape raced in the same class as the rc51, tlr, 916/996 and was a bump up class for the sv650 in the early 2000 prior to the sv1000......it was a fun class, and I was racing a first gen sv650 then. Yes, I have an Ape in my garage for trackday duty, but I honestly feel it was just not requested at the time the rc51 & tlr were added to v7hwt last year. Do the research yourself, it is a good fit......it will not dominate this class, neither would any of the other big twins allowed in v7hwt.

Yes, this is a request to index a more modern bike into a vintage obsolete class, but it makes sense and a superbike 900rr would still crush this bike.

No big deal either way, my Aprilia has a home running around the track at CMP.

9. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

Yea, thats sounds like a good idea.

10. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I'm still shooting for the SV1000 in V7HW

11. racertex

racertex vintage dude

Mission accomplished Joe....you pissed in mine.

How about getting rid of all the vintage bikes and just have V6, V7, V8, and V9. Then you can call it WERA Obsolete...as it ain't Vintage anymore.

If the GP Classes (350 and 500GP) and V1 and V2 ever get killed....I'm gone, and so will a dozen other folks in SE and Mid-A/NE regions.

I really don't want to start racing with AHRMA again....but I will have to swallow my pride when they come to NJMP next year.

Rant over!

12. charles

charles The Transporter

Is your, ah, 'Big Wheel' constructed so that the rider is in a permanent 'hanging off' posture to the left?
    Or does the rider move in, either on his own initiative or by electro-mechanical means, behind the rotating wheel once ultra-high speeds are reached?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  13. charles

charles The Transporter

I'm thinking of training a Sumatran Orangutan (Pongo abelii) to ride. If he exhibits sufficient mastery to pass riding school, I intend to put him on a V6LW machine.

14. promod

promod Well-Known Member

2013 rules

charles--i'm your guy extra tall monkey w/v6lw and i passed my school,,hell we can rock and roll,!!!!!!!!!!! i can be at your shop in 26 hours straight thro ih10 to 65,,let me know got to put 300 gallons diesel fuel in mt. home--dam $$$$$$ holy cow !!!! hey special thanks to alaska ken ,,yesterday went to scooter junkyard ,,bought f .forks-brakes-wheels-r swingarms-shocks f2 pcs.for 2 bikes,,now got plenty to do thro this long cold (70 degree) winter.....hope all have turkey leg to naaw on today !!!hope this country survives,,lets race while we can !!! thank goodness for wera..........steve somewhere in so.texas,,looking for turkey to shoot..........................

15. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

I agree with Joe. Combine V4 and formula two stroke. Should fill field and make for interesting racing.

16. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea.

May need to throw the V4 bikes a bone..maybe a displacement increase.

And possibly allowing the old gpz750's Gs750 etc in ??

17. charles

charles The Transporter

Where the hell have you been???:D

18. charles

charles The Transporter

Steve:

We need more 'diversity' on the grid, so I have to pass on your offer; the ape I have in mind won't monkey around like you will! :D Enjoy your holiday, git those diesels ready for combat.

19. promod

promod Well-Known Member

rules

charles--old dude i bought my vintage parts from just called ,,said tzr250sp he has,,,, may take my offer,,i may have to go over to the dark side after i told u i'll ride my diesels ...we'll see i know joe mite start talking to me again.......what bikes fit in v7 ???just thinking for down the road.............

20. promod

promod Well-Known Member

2013 rules

charles --v7mw does not look good--2bikes at barber 5-13,,3 bikes at tally 8-26,,7 at gnf wow..i bet move to sat. show ,,after comb.v4 w 2 stroke as was suggested,,,,that way could still travel sat. nite,,you should look into that ,,at least would give folks with bikes like that a chance ,,would add to the overall vintage show on sat.,mite increase the bike count alot,,what thinkest thou ???? sat, show needs more racers,,this mite help,,,,you never don't know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may resurect my f3 and get joe to ride it,,,yeah..